IGNORED

Bristol Sport Not Listening.........

cheshire_red

Not listening to the Rugby crowd either. The Rugby club has announced Saturday at 3pm will be the preferred choice for games, much against the evidenced of what the supporters actually wish and here is a poll which prove it.

Saturday games stop the players in Combination games (who Bristol Rugby have stated they want to work closely with) from attending as well as all the supporters and officials at these clubs. 3pm on a Sunday is the preferred choice of supporters, this allows junior players to attend after their own games all over the area on a Sunday morning. with Friday evening the second favourite.

These people are not just customers who pay plenty to attend but are the future of Bristol Rugby similarly to Bristol City and their supporters. It seems no one actually supports Bristol Sport!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/961841163909906/permalink/1688587521235263/

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Not listening to the Rugby crowd either. The Rugby club has announced Saturday at 3pm will be the preferred choice for games, much against the evidenced of what the supporters actually wish and here is a poll which prove it.

Saturday games stop the players in Combination games (who Bristol Rugby have stated they want to work closely with) from attending as well as all the supporters and officials at these clubs. 3pm on a Sunday is the preferred choice of supporters, this allows junior players to attend after their own games all over the area on a Sunday morning. with Friday evening the second favourite.

These people are not just customers who pay plenty to attend but are the future of Bristol Rugby similarly to Bristol City and their supporters. It seems no one actually supports Bristol Sport!

It's almost like they want as many people in BS3 around 5pm on a Saturday so they could fill something like a basketball arena...

2 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

do bristol sport have the authority to tell the RFU when Kick off times take place?

20 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm trying really hard to be shocked.

Me too. Just sad. With every decision like this I find I'm caring less and less. I was furious, but after the complete apathy regarding action post ST prices, I'm resigned to the fact that the vast majority of people in AG don't care about being a club, just about the team. They'll get the club they want in 10 years when we are a mid-table Premier League club in the mould of Arsenal, or what Man City is fast becoming. Good football but no character.

Just now, Monkeh said:

do bristol sport have the authority to tell the RFU when Kick off times take place?

No, but they can state when they'd prefer the games to be played. Obviously City fixtures and the TV schedule will still move games all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

They'll get the club they want in 10 years when we are a mid-table Premier League club in the mould of Arsenal, or what Man City is fast becoming. Good football but no character.

Mid-table Premier in the mould of Man City/Arsenal?? Well, yes......I'll take that.

I'm intrigued as to what this "club" with "character" means or even looks like?

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Mid-table Premier in the mould of Man City/Arsenal?? Well, yes......I'll take that.

I'm intrigued as to what this "club" with "character" means or even looks like?

Well we've already seen that some people are unable to renew their STs due to the higher prices. Just like there are many North Londoners priced out of Arsenal, as Arsenal would rather have tourists who'll spend more money. The question is, are you willing to sacrifice atmosphere and community, in favour of on the field success? 

And a club which character...well literally every football club outside the UK.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Me too. Just sad. With every decision like this I find I'm caring less and less. I was furious, but after the complete apathy regarding action post ST prices, I'm resigned to the fact that the vast majority of people in AG don't care about being a club, just about the team. They'll get the club they want in 10 years when we are a mid-table Premier League club in the mould of Arsenal, or what Man City is fast becoming. Good football but no character.

Minus the Premier League mid-table thing, I'd already say we're well on our way. Entirely predictable deep down, the ST thing.

To expand, I was genuinely surprised at Millwall- given it's a really common, almost unwritten rule- in football, that away fans tend to stand and be noisy, how many were sat (in the block which I was in!

As for the rugby thing. Overall, it is the common kickoff time in rugby- 3pm on a Saturday, but TV will pull that here, there and everywhere- to say nothing of us being at home too, with a common kickoff at 3pm Saturday!

• Admin
57 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

For balance, my (and thousands of others) season ticket in real prices is cheaper than a decade ago. Not sure there’s any other leisure activity, or other routine expenditure that the same can be said about. 

Excuse my ignorance @BRISTOL86 but how have you worked this out?

Cheshire Red where are your results from? These are the latest from here http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16296140

Response Votes Breakdown Percentage
Friday (7.45pm) 12

14.29 %
Saturday (3pm) 24

28.57 %
Sunday (3pm) 29

34.52 %
Don't mind 19

22.62 %

26 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Well we've already seen that some people are unable to renew their STs due to the higher prices. Just like there are many North Londoners priced out of Arsenal, as Arsenal would rather have tourists who'll spend more money. The question is, are you willing to sacrifice atmosphere and community, in favour of on the field success? 

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? I want both as I am sure most fans, coaches, players, management want.

You can't compare us with the likes of Arsenal or any of the top 6/7 Premier League clubs.......they are in a different world compared to the rest of the premier league and are seen as "global" clubs who can and will do whatever it takes to retain that status knowing somebody will pay the price of a ticket. 

You probably have to look at the likes of Southampton, Stoke, Brighton et al when comparing where we want to be. In todays football world, these clubs also have to implement pricing structures/changes  in order to compete and retain their status that no doubt may aggravate sections of their support. At the same time, they will work to retain community / fan links and look to enhance "club" character / atmosphere etc.

As far as I see it, the club retain good "community" links albeit the interaction with fan groups could be improved, and we still produce good atmospheres (Tuesday proved that with a lower crowd, on a bad run etc) and have/can produce fantastic atmospheres (Man U in particular) 

I really don't see the issue

Just now, RedRaw said:

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? I want both as I am sure most fans, coaches, players, management want.

You can't compare us with the likes of Arsenal or any of the top 6/7 Premier League clubs.......they are in a different world compared to the rest of the premier league and are seen as "global" clubs who can and will do whatever it takes to retain that status knowing somebody will pay the price of a ticket. 

You probably have to look at the likes of Southampton, Stoke, Brighton et al when comparing where we want to be. In todays football world, these clubs also have to implement pricing structures/changes  in order to compete and retain their status that no doubt may aggravate sections of their support. At the same time, they will work to retain community / fan links and look to enhance "club" character / atmosphere etc.

As far as I see it, the club retain good "community" links albeit the interaction with fan groups could be improved, and we still produce good atmospheres (Tuesday proved that with a lower crowd, on a bad run etc) and have/can produce fantastic atmospheres (Man U in particular) 

I really don't see the issue

You are correct that they don't have to be mutually exclusive. However the club, with their aggressive ST policy, the response to the policy and now removing FAN shows that they have little intrest in what fans think, or who they are. The vibes coming from BCFC is that they'd rather have a new fan who will buy a ticket in the Lansdown, buy the shirt and a drinks every week, over a fan of 20 years in the SS, who has supported us even whilst bottom of L1. That is the comparison with Arsenal. 

As for the atmosphere, it's easy when you're winning or playing Man U. When was the last time AG was rocking whilst we were behind? 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Handy for us then...

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Excuse my ignorance @BRISTOL86 but how have you worked this out?

Cheshire Red where are your results from? These are the latest from here http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16296140

Response Votes Breakdown Percentage
Friday (7.45pm) 12

14.29 %
Saturday (3pm) 24

28.57 %
Sunday (3pm) 29

34.52 %
Don't mind 19

22.62 %

My first season ticket as an adult was 07/08 and I believe the cost was £329

In today’s prices, £329 in 2007 is worth £439. So a season ticket in the South Stand at £345 is considerably below inflation at 4.9% up on 2007 vs inflation of 33%  

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

You are correct that they don't have to be mutually exclusive. However the club, with their aggressive ST policy, the response to the policy and now removing FAN shows that they have little intrest in what fans think, or who they are. The vibes coming from BCFC is that they'd rather have a new fan who will buy a ticket in the Lansdown, buy the shirt and a drinks every week, over a fan of 20 years in the SS, who has supported us even whilst bottom of L1. That is the comparison with Arsenal. 

As for the atmosphere, it's easy when you're winning or playing Man U. When was the last time AG was rocking whilst we were behind? 

Yet, it can rally when the chips are down.

QPR at home? Down to 10, Baker red card half hour in. Thought the fans were good, noisy.

Thought Fulham was likewise a decent atmosphere- and we fell behind in that one.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My first season ticket as an adult was 07/08 and I believe the cost was £329

In today’s prices, £329 in 2007 is worth £439. So a season ticket in the South Stand at £345 is considerably below inflation at 4.9% up on 2007 vs inflation of 33%  

Which stand was it in though?

I'd say a better, closer like for like comparison would be Dolman 2007 v Dolman now. South Stand is a whole new stand, albeit still the cheapest in the ground.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Which stand was it in though?

I'd say a better, closer like for like comparison would be Dolman 2007 v Dolman now. South Stand is a whole new stand, albeit still the cheapest in the ground.

Atyeo, so it’s a pretty fair comparison. No idea what other stands cost at the time!

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Where is it anywhere? Elland Road the other week but that is an exception rather than a rule......that's why the song "you only sing when you're winning" is so popular!

It may be me, but I really don't want to pay good money to be part of a "rocking" atmosphere whilst watching my team losing

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Where is it anywhere? Elland Road the other week but that is an exception rather than a rule......that's why the song "you only sing when you're winning" is so popular!

It may be me, but I really don't want to pay good money to be part of a "rocking" atmosphere whilst watching my team losing

I think that is where we will never agree. For me football is all about the atmosphere and the community. Also that primeval feeling of another group coming to our village and have the audacity to try and beat us. Suddenly you unite with the people around you to cheer on our local champions, who in this case are footballers, for our pride. The result itself is much less important for me, as long as that comradery is there. That's why I value fans who are being priced out

Your last point is rather telling though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but would you be happier losing if you paid less? I'm not trying to trap you or make assumptions so I'll explain below. We pay more in this country to watch football than almost everyone else (we may actually pay the most, but I'm not sure). Therefore you expect a certain amount for your money. That's one reason why I feel Arsenal fans act in such an entitled manner, because they're forking out 4 figures for STs, and I sympathise with that. For me if you treat your supporters like supporters, they'll rally when the chips are down. One phrase that gets thrown around a lot in UK football is 'the fans deserve better'. In reality, no set of fans deserves more than another, but because we all pay so much, we all feel like we deserve more. 

An example I'll give is I had the joy of attending a Galatasary game in December. Paid roughly £10 POTD. I'll link the match report below. You'll see that Galatasary went 2-0 down at home to a poor side, a week after losing 3-0 in an Istanbul derby to Besiktas. The fans were genuinely louder at 2 down than they were after taking the lead. Now you can argue about the culture being different, but the sheer volume was incredible. 

I'd be much prouder of my club if I could boast about how inclusive we were, how it was accessible it was for everyone over Bristol, no matter their financial status. I'd be proud if away fans left AG thinking 'wow their fans are passionate'. But I can't be as it just isn't true. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/galatasaray-vs-akhisar-belediye/380471

I'll end with the example of St Pauli in Hamburg. Part of their club constitution is that their club has to be accessible to the communities it represents, and representative of their views. As a result they have never really made an impact on the Bundesliga 1, but instead have a full, noisy ground every week, which receives global recognition. That may not be your cup of tea, and I respect that, but it is mine, and I think there is room for it at AG.

21 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I think that is where we will never agree. For me football is all about the atmosphere and the community. Also that primeval feeling of another group coming to our village and have the audacity to try and beat us. Suddenly you unite with the people around you to cheer on our local champions, who in this case are footballers, for our pride. The result itself is much less important for me, as long as that comradery is there. That's why I value fans who are being priced out

Your last point is rather telling though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but would you be happier losing if you paid less? I'm not trying to trap you or make assumptions so I'll explain below. We pay more in this country to watch football than almost everyone else (we may actually pay the most, but I'm not sure). Therefore you expect a certain amount for your money. That's one reason why I feel Arsenal fans act in such an entitled manner, because they're forking out 4 figures for STs, and I sympathise with that. For me if you treat your supporters like supporters, they'll rally when the chips are down. One phrase that gets thrown around a lot in UK football is 'the fans deserve better'. In reality, no set of fans deserves more than another, but because we all pay so much, we all feel like we deserve more. 

An example I'll give is I had the joy of attending a Galatasary game in December. Paid roughly £10 POTD. I'll link the match report below. You'll see that Galatasary went 2-0 down at home to a poor side, a week after losing 3-0 in an Istanbul derby to Besiktas. The fans were genuinely louder at 2 down than they were after taking the lead. Now you can argue about the culture being different, but the sheer volume was incredible. 

I'd be much prouder of my club if I could boast about how inclusive we were, how it was accessible it was for everyone over Bristol, no matter their financial status. I'd be proud if away fans left AG thinking 'wow their fans are passionate'. But I can't be as it just isn't true. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/galatasaray-vs-akhisar-belediye/380471

I'll end with the example of St Pauli in Hamburg. Part of their club constitution is that their club has to be accessible to the communities it represents, and representative of their views. As a result they have never really made an impact on the Bundesliga 1, but instead have a full, noisy ground every week, which receives global recognition. That may not be your cup of tea, and I respect that, but it is mine, and I think there is room for it at AG.

Condensed version.....If you want cheap football and loud and tribal atmospheres, move to Turkey or Germany.

And to answer your question, no, I would not be happier losing if I paid less. You may consider it a bit left-field but regardless of who I am or what I pay, I want to win, simple as.

"went to the gate last night, amazing atmosphere....it was rocking"

"how did they get on"

"Oh, we lost 3-0"

:blink:

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Condensed version.....If you want cheap football and loud and tribal atmospheres, move to Turkey or Germany.

And to answer your question, no, I would not be happier losing if I paid less. You may consider it a bit left-field but regardless of who I am or what I pay, I want to win, simple as.

"went to the gate last night, amazing atmosphere....it was rocking"

"how did they get on"

"Oh, we lost 3-0"

:blink:

But why should we not have what everyone else in the world has? We've got to the point where the Yanks and Aussies can create better atmospheres than us.

And that's where we differ, although I feel I'm in the minority though. I'd still be cross when we lost, but at least I'd have had fun in the stands, rather than cross that we lost, and just sat in silence.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Hang on, so you'd rather it was quiet if we were losing than loud?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting numbers

Attendance in numbers (Championship matches only): 

Friday Nights: 11,184 (Christmas fixture); 7,728; 
Saturday: 8,429; 8,184; 6,789 
Sunday: 7,045; 6,509; 7,170; 9,208; 8,018 

One of the Saturday games was a free ticket for City fans was it not?  During an international break.  That would have artificially inflated the crowd.  When tomorrow's crowd is about 12,000 it will make even less sense..

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting numbers

Attendance in numbers (Championship matches only): 

Friday Nights: 11,184 (Christmas fixture); 7,728; 
Saturday: 8,429; 8,184; 6,789 
Sunday: 7,045; 6,509; 7,170; 9,208; 8,018 

The opposition as well as the period of the season should also be taken in to account

Archived