IGNORED

Bristol Sport Not Listening.........

cheshire_red

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Excuse my ignorance @BRISTOL86 but how have you worked this out?

Cheshire Red where are your results from? These are the latest from here http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16296140

Response Votes Breakdown Percentage
Friday (7.45pm) 12

14.29 %
Saturday (3pm) 24

28.57 %
Sunday (3pm) 29

34.52 %
Don't mind 19

22.62 %

From the link in my opening post . Now stands at

Sunday 3pm 293

Friday evening 162

Saturday 3pm 86

You are all missing the really big story here.

The Rugby Premiership wants all teams to have "Primacy of Tenure" which means in effect that if there is a clash of dates to play at home between a football club and a rugby club playing in the same stadium, at least in theory, the rugby club's fixture takes precedence.

The RFU would also like all of their fixtures to take place on a Saturday afternoon, however much that doesn't suit rugby supporters, many of whom also play the game on a Saturday afternoon, or support their really local (amateur) club. Not all clubs do this though. Bath play a lot of their fixtures on a Friday night, as have Gloucester from time to time, and for many years, Bristol have played on Sundays.

For next season, there will only be 2 rugby teams who play at football grounds, just as there has been this season. Wasps play at Coventry & London Irish play at Reading. I have no idea what they put as their preferred option for home fixtures but Coventry & Reading seem to play on Saturdays, while Wasps & London Irish usually play on Sundays. 

Bristol Sport may have taken a punt to be seen as "good boys" in the eyes of the RFU, by proposing 3pm on Saturday, on the basis that there are only 11 rugby home fixtures in the Premiership, so there wouldn't be many clashes anyway, plus if we did make it to the Premier League, probably only around 50% of our home fixtures would be at 3pm on a Saturday. Also they know that Friday night football games have been fairly popular in the recent past.

From the fans point of view, it's pretty clear though. We mostly prefer Saturday afternoons, and the Rugby crowd seem to want Sundays. Hopefully that's what actually happens most of the time.

21 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Not listening to the Rugby crowd either. The Rugby club has announced Saturday at 3pm will be the preferred choice for games, much against the evidenced of what the supporters actually wish and here is a poll which prove it.

Saturday games stop the players in Combination games (who Bristol Rugby have stated they want to work closely with) from attending as well as all the supporters and officials at these clubs. 3pm on a Sunday is the preferred choice of supporters, this allows junior players to attend after their own games all over the area on a Sunday morning. with Friday evening the second favourite.

These people are not just customers who pay plenty to attend but are the future of Bristol Rugby similarly to Bristol City and their supporters. It seems no one actually supports Bristol Sport!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/961841163909906/permalink/1688587521235263/

14,000 season tickets sold for next season. Think the handful of fans moaning about prices have been forgotten about. The biggest issue with Bristol Sport and the board is their faith in Lee Johnson. 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

14,000 season tickets sold for next season. Think the handful of fans moaning about prices have been forgotten about. The biggest issue with Bristol Sport and the board is their faith in Lee Johnson. 

Only you could turn a thread about the rugby club into a pop at LJ, have a day off and try to support the team, it may just do you some good.... 

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

The Rugby Premiership wants all teams to have "Primacy of Tenure" which means in effect that if there is a clash of dates to play at home between a football club and a rugby club playing in the same stadium, at least in theory, the rugby club's fixture takes precedence.

The RFU would also like all of their fixtures to take place on a Saturday afternoon, however much that doesn't suit rugby supporters, many of whom also play the game on a Saturday afternoon, or support their really local (amateur) club. Not all clubs do this though. Bath play a lot of their fixtures on a Friday night, as have Gloucester from time to time, and for many years, Bristol have played on Sundays.

For next season, there will only be 2 rugby teams who play at football grounds, just as there has been this season. Wasps play at Coventry & London Irish play at Reading. I have no idea what they put as their preferred option for home fixtures but Coventry & Reading seem to play on Saturdays, while Wasps & London Irish usually play on Sundays. 

Bristol Sport may have taken a punt to be seen as "good boys" in the eyes of the RFU, by proposing 3pm on Saturday, on the basis that there are only 11 rugby home fixtures in the Premiership, so there wouldn't be many clashes anyway, plus if we did make it to the Premier League, probably only around 50% of our home fixtures would be at 3pm on a Saturday. Also they know that Friday night football games have been fairly popular in the recent past.

From the fans point of view, it's pretty clear though. We mostly prefer Saturday afternoons, and the Rugby crowd seem to want Sundays. Hopefully that's what actually happens most of the time.

The bit in bold is the truth.  I think they are experimenting by doing this.  To see if they do get bigger crowds.  For one they must think that very few people watch the gas and support Bristol too as that puts them into a bind..  Anything that loses the gas some support is good in my eyes...

Maybe Bristol Sport have done this to avoid having double headers one weekend and then no game the next. It would be easier to organise staff etc for a consistent Saturday afternoon.  As the Rugby fixtures are released after the football fixtures, Bristol's home games will be put into the weekends when City are away or there is an international break.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The bit in bold is the truth.  I think they are experimenting by doing this.  To see if they do get bigger crowds.  For one they must think that very few people watch the gas and support Bristol too as that puts them into a bind..  Anything that loses the gas some support is good in my eyes...

Maybe Bristol Sport have done this to avoid having double headers one weekend and then no game the next. It would be easier to organise staff etc for a consistent Saturday afternoon.  As the Rugby fixtures are released after the football fixtures, Bristol's home games will be put into the weekends when City are away or there is an international break.

Funny thing is I have a feeling in rugby they do the reverse to football, in that the lowest leagues get published first - where as football it is the other way around

Can remember being at cricket the start of last season talking about Weston Hornets ficxtures for the current season

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

That figures and is as you say the big point here.

We surely would take "Primacy of Tenure" in this case, because we are the bigger clubs, we were at AG first and it's surely that simple.

I doubt we would shift to Fridays and Sundays for rugby to take precedence.

On 13/04/2018 at 14:24, Mr Popodopolous said:

That figures and is as you say the big point here.

We surely would take "Primacy of Tenure" in this case, because we are the bigger clubs, we were at AG first and it's surely that simple.

I doubt we would shift to Fridays and Sundays for rugby to take precedence.

Both Bristol City and Bristol Rugby will do what Bristol Sport says.  I 'm sure Bristol Sport want it to work so that the Rugby team is away when City are at home and vice versa.  

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Both Bristol City and Bristol Rugby will do what Bristol Sport says.  I 'm sure Bristol Sport want it to work so that the Rugby team is away when City are at home and vice versa.  

Correct. Would be the most sensible option.

Doesn't change the fact that RFU Premiership rules state this. The fixtures are what they are, we need to work within those parameters.

Archived