IGNORED

Get Jon Out

JasonM88

15 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

To be honest I've said for a long time this club needs new investment and a change of direction. It's become very stale. Thanks for the stadium but Bring in the billionaires from overseas. Proven managers. Proven players. Big wages. Ambition. 

Remember that working oh so well for Scott Davidson the season after we went up under John Ward, top five spenders that summer, we finished 24th.

Mint.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember that working oh so well for Scott Davidson the season after we went up under John Ward, top five spenders that summer, we finished 24th.

Mint.

Lets face it, there are always going to be a couple of successes using this method of investment, if you are lucky enough for it to happen immediately, you might get a sensible owner, with good people around them and even avoid the FFP fines as well. The truth is (although @Tinman85 would rather not consider this) the lower reaches of this league, league 1 and even league 2, are littered with examples where this has gone horribly wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't agree tinman. Surely that's a recipe for financial problems, again, unless we made the Prem? Not everyone can get promoted each season after all.

In Tinman’s world you just buy a load of ‘names’, chuck 50 grand a week at them and walk the league. Easy. I honestly don’t know why Lansdown hasn’t thought of that yet, especially when you see how well it’s worked out for Leeds, Derby, Sunderland, Wednesday, Birmingham.....

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

In Tinman’s world you just buy a load of ‘names’, chuck 50 grand a week at them and walk the league. Easy. I honestly don’t know why Lansdown hasn’t thought of that yet, especially when you see how well it’s worked out for Leeds, Derby, Sunderland, Wednesday, Birmingham.....

...Aston Villa, surely Middlesbrough should be top!

Just now, JBFC II said:

Chucking big money at big players will never work. 

Look at what it did for us between 2010-13 for example.... 

Amazing how quickly people forget that we did exactly that and got what we deserved for it - ten years to get back to where we were before we started. 

Everyone wants everything instantly these days and can’t see the damage it causes long term. 

Do these people ever think about what happens when the ‘ambitious’ new investor (who doesn’t give a shit about the fate of a club he has no connection to) gets bored and fucks off? Probably not. 

How many examples are there of that happening and the club being left in a better state than when they arrived? 

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

...Aston Villa, surely Middlesbrough should be top!

IF Villa stay down, I would be interested to see what they do as the parachute payments drop next season and that's their last one isn't it? I guess Boro's will drop a fair bit too if they stay in the Championship?

As for Sunderland????

52 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

To be honest I've said for a long time this club needs new investment and a change of direction. It's become very stale. Thanks for the stadium but Bring in the billionaires from overseas. Proven managers. Proven players. Big wages. Ambition. 

Good grief..................:facepalm:

I know you post lots of one eyed negativity but this one the most ludicrous yet.

Just now, tinman85 said:

Oh well. It seems we don't want Jon to go then. I'm a man who likes a bit of risk and excitement. Don't ridicule me for it. 

If you find getting ourselves in millions of pounds of debt and coming close to league 2 'risk and excitement' then fair enough but I'd rather we were run how we are now... 

Just now, JBFC II said:

If you find getting ourselves in millions of pounds of debt and coming close to league 2 'risk and excitement' then fair enough but I'd rather we were run how we are now... 

I like the Lansdowns. But I also like success. And who wouldn't give for us to have a wolves style approach with Neves and Jota types. It's a bit of debate. New investment could mean a partership with the Lansdown boys at the helm. We certainly are an attractive proposition surely now. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I like the Lansdowns. But I also like success. And who wouldn't give for us to have a wolves style approach with Neves and Jota types. It's a bit of debate. New investment could mean a partership with the Lansdown boys at the helm. We certainly are an attractive proposition surely now. 

In an ideal world, you're probably right but at what risk? I think Wolves have been very clever TBH, loaning players with an agreement to sign them on promotion. Can we honestly say we could offer the same likelihood of promotion as they do?

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Oh well. It seems we don't want Jon to go then. I'm a man who likes a bit of risk and excitement. Don't ridicule me for it. 

Then stop making ridiculous comments!  No way was that tongue-in-cheek!

Tell me you've not had excitement this season...

• Admin
7 hours ago, megansdad said:

yep bit like the Romans - done nothing except new stadium, semi final of Carabao Cup, competing for play off place, success on rugby side which will benefit football and facilities I could go on....

How did Jon Lansdown impact any of those ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise he has his detractors, (don't we all?), but I think weighing up the alternatives, I prefer the idea of control remaining in the family with local connections and lifelong fans.

He and his dad are certainly not  lifelong fans, but I get your drift.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So now you're backtracking.........

In the Blue corner with 27k posts, the man known for trolling 365/12, Robbo sleepy-face-palm Reddddddd

And in the Naughty corner, the new troll on the block, he likes risk, he likes excitement, Tinman - 8's Lee Johnson- fiiiiiiiiiiiive

Please, please proceed gents, this should be fking brilliant for the observer

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

Jon has been going to City since he was six........I think he qualifies

He qualified as a fan if he got interested at the age of 26. Hes not lifelong though. Him and his dad were regulars at Rovers and only swapped when they moved to Twerton.

@Phantom. Correct me if i'm wrong ?

Archived