IGNORED

Get Jon Out

JasonM88

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

IF Villa stay down, I would be interested to see what they do as the parachute payments drop next season and that's their last one isn't it? I guess Boro's will drop a fair bit too if they stay in the Championship?

As for Sunderland????

Think Villa could be heading for a bit of FFP trouble if they stay down. 

Boro's will drop too, it's over 3 years now (used to be 4- applicable to Villa too). Think they would be okay in terms of FFP for year 2, but if they stay down this and next year then on current trends they would definitely hit the buffers.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

He qualified as a fan if he got interested at the age of 26. Hes not lifelong though. Him and his dad were regulars at Rovers and only swapped when they moved to Twerton.

@Phantom. Correct me if i'm wrong ?

No.

Steve went to some rovers games as a kid with a friend and his dad. When he had Jon and wanted to take him to football, he choose to go to City which started around the late 80s. AFAIK Jon has never gone to Rovers 

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

No.

Steve went to some rovers games as a kid with a friend and his dad. When he had Jon and wanted to take him to football, he choose to go to City which started around the late 80s. AFAIK Jon has never gone to Rovers 

That makes his apparent disdain for the fans (mind you, 14,000 season tickets- crisis what crisis) even more surprising if so.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

To be honest I've said for a long time this club needs new investment and a change of direction. It's become very stale. Thanks for the stadium but Bring in the billionaires from overseas. Proven managers. Proven players. Big wages. Ambition. 

Like Vincent Tan?

Like the Venkys?

Like the Glazers?

Like the Americans at Swansea?

Like Wael?

Great plan.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Like Vincent Tan?

Like the Venkys?

Like the Glazers?

Like the Americans at Swansea?

Like Wael?

Great plan.

Interesting apart from the muppet at the bottom they have all been in the Prem - with all but one surviving in there     I'm intrigued how people think it would be worse off with someone like these? 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting apart from the muppet at the bottom they have all been in the Prem - with all but one surviving in there     I'm intrigued how people think it would be worse off with someone like these? 

Yes, but at what cost to the club?

So which of Blackburn or Cardiff are currently surviving in the Prem?

3 hours ago, Calculus said:

OUTGONE for 7. Mick MacCathy was the outgoing manager of Ipswich. He is now OUTGONE. 

As for the OP, assume that he just wants the club sold off to the highest bidder when SL's time comes. Careful what you wish for - the next in could be a load of Jordanian Bankers.

Most certainly don’t want someone as incapable as Jon Lansdown running this club. He’s showed time and time again he has not a care in the world for supporters. 

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

To be honest I've said for a long time this club needs new investment and a change of direction. It's become very stale. Thanks for the stadium but Bring in the billionaires from overseas. Proven managers. Proven players. Big wages. Ambition. 

yes because that worked for leeds portsmouth etc.....idiot

39 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Most certainly don’t want someone as incapable as Jon Lansdown running this club. He’s showed time and time again he has not a care in the world for supporters. 

Jon isn't running the club he isn't even the chairman

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

So which of Blackburn or Cardiff are currently surviving in the Prem?

Apologies I mistook one of the owners / clubs

But for every one of those there are a Maxim Demin and a Dean Hoyle out there - what puts them ahead is that they have experience of running these kind of things

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Well it worked for Sunderland.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

In the Blue corner with 27k posts, the man known for trolling 365/12, Robbo sleepy-face-palm Reddddddd

And in the Naughty corner, the new troll on the block, he likes risk, he likes excitement, Tinman - 8's Lee Johnson- fiiiiiiiiiiiive

Please, please proceed gents, this should be fking brilliant for the observer

It's like looking into a mirror and seeing someone else......

Apologies I mistook one of the owners / clubs

But for every one of those there are a Maxim Demin and a Dean Hoyle out there - what puts them ahead is that they have experience of running these kind of things

Rather we didn't go down the "Russian" route to be honest and Dean Hoyle is worth far less than SL. Huddersfield got promoted to the Premier with a record fee paid for a player of £1.8million so he has never splashed the cash. Swansea were in the Prem way before the yanks arrived and have in fact struggled on the pitch since they took over as well as being criticised for lack of investment.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

With the exception of Tan none of those clubs got to the Prem under those owners. And in Tan’s case, they got there by giving up their very identity and became a laughing stock.

Lansdown certainly hasn’t got everything right but it could certainly be a lot worse.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

who does great plan own?

Archived