IGNORED

The Middlesbrough FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 43

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is this a 3-4-1-2 or am I being dense?

Bit like when you're on a losing run on football manager and you just slide the players around desperately trying to find a combination that works.

Surely has to be? Three strikers on away from home though :shocking: Either brilliant or madness this will be.

Just now, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Surely has to be? Three strikers on away from home though :shocking: Either brilliant or madness this will be.

He'll either be the messiah or worse than Hitler at half 5.

Come on the fucking City.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is this a 3-4-1-2 or am I being dense?

Bit like when you're on a losing run on football manager and you just slide the players around desperately trying to find a combination that works.

That's what I thought before the same line-up kicked off against Birmingham. However, Bryan played right back in a back four, with Reid on the left side of midfield and Brownhill on the right. Despite our height advantage up top we rarely played with any true width, failing to get behind the Brum' defence and were wide open on the counter. What we didn't lack was total commitment and clinical finishing at key times. 

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

That's what I thought before the same line-up kicked off against Birmingham. However, Bryan played right back in a back four, with Reid on the left side of midfield and Brownhill on the right. Despite our height advantage up top we rarely played with any true width, failing to get behind the Brum' defence and were wide open on the counter. What we didn't lack was total commitment and clinical finishing at key times. 

I'll be honest I didn't actually pay that much attention to the line up against Brum, fully expected another whacking.

Reid on the left wing, christ.

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Their defence will struggle with Fam and Milan and as long as we put plenty of quality balls into the box and cause chaos then the line up should be produce at least a draw

The problem is that we hardly will have any constructive play in the final third. We can dump it long from defence like against Brum but we will win top 50 percent of the headers leading to absolutely nothing.    

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Suicidal line up hope im proved wrong.

I’ve got to agree with you on this. City looked open at the back on Tuesday  with this line up and only some poor finishing by Birmingham prevented a different result. I can’t see Middlesbrough being so generous but, with luck, LJ is a genius and he’ll prove me wrong 

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Duric and Famara awaynfrom home

Shocked / astounded tbh

Big call Lee

Forget any press

or rely on a ‘Last ditch press’ !!!!

Cannot argue with any of that. Difficult for anyone to watch the game mid week and not believe we got away with a great deal, yet here we are.

Would have at least left Djuric on the bench to chase it late on if we needed to. Having said that, I was happy with the starting line up v Millwall, so what do I know.

I always find it amusing when posters say " I hope I'm proved wrong but...."

Invariably, they don't remotely want to be proved wrong and rarely, if ever, express delight if they are. People love to be proved right not wrong.

The line up today is , imo, an attempt to attack and win the game by scoring more goals than them. 

I do so hope I'm proved right.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Cannot argue with any of that. Difficult for anyone to watch the game mid week and not believe we got away with a great deal, yet here we are.

Would have at least left Djuric on the bench to chase it late on if we needed to. Having said that, I was happy with the starting line up v Millwall, so what do I know.

You know more than the coaching staff 

Tbh the team announced is never really  an indication of how we are going to perform. 

Throughout this season teams which everyone have gushed over have played dreadful and teams which everyone has written off have been superb..... I've given up trying to call it!  

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Tbh the team announced is never really  an indication of how we are going to perform. 

Throughout this season teams which everyone have gushed over have played dreadful and teams which everyone has written off have been superb..... I've given up trying to call it!  

LJ is going to be a hero or a zero with that line up. There’s no middle ground I don’t think. It’s certainly brave.

Archived