IGNORED

Awful

Unan

Utterly clueless management. 

The only thing we did well up until he took off Kelly was.... Kelly. He was like a brick wall and the main reason they hadn't scored a few. 

So, we immediately concede where Kelly would have been standing.

Then we adopt long ball tactics having taken off both target men. 

I'd be laughing my tits off if I was watching Rovers play like that. 

That was the worst game of football I've seen this season on TV from any team in any division. 

A couple of years of management and all that money and he can't even do the basics to a crap level - he's even worse at times. 

Pitiful and embarrassing. 

Lee Johnson’s inability to maintain a teams form is certainly a mystery. 

I can’t stand it when people try to defend him by pointing to the ‘average’, they are 2 very different things and allowing his teams to go on such awful, awful runs is mind boggling.

How does he keep letting it happen?

Just now, 054123 said:

Lee Johnson’s inability to maintain a teams firm is certainly a mystery. 

I can’t stand it when people try to defend him by pointing to the ‘average’, they are 2 very different things and allowing his teams to go i such awful, awful runs is mind boggling.

It keeps happening because he isn't very good. He may well try his best but it simply ain't good enough. 

Just now, SODS_LAW said:

Back to being a crap manager today is he? Did none of you see the match? Players were useless, to scared to try anything with the ball so just hoofed it. Beyond belief how little knowledge some of the people on this forum have!

Not sure what your point is. Manager and players both crap today. Kelly excepted. 

3 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

Back to being a crap manager today is he? Did none of you see the match? Players were useless, to scared to try anything with the ball so just hoofed it. Beyond belief how little knowledge some of the people on this forum have!

No not back to being a crap manager, he's always been a crap manager!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

As soon as he brought off Kelly I knew that would be it, no playoffs. We looked comfortable defending, so why change the defence? Bring on O'Dowda for Diedhiou, and then we have someone with pace to hit them on the break. We had the ball in good positions a few times at 1-1 and the moves broke down because we didn't have someone with pace to pass it through to. Why use all our subs so early? Johnson seems to think the only way to force a goal is to make attacking subs. We could easily have nicked a 2-1 win if we had kept defending well with Kelly at left back. 

This. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

It keeps happening because he isn't very good. He may well try his best but it simply ain't good enough. 

I have no doubt that he absolutely tries his best, no doubt at all

However, he is a very inexperienced manager who looks out of his depth in many ways,he also also surronded by inexperience in the coaching team.

I think the best thing for LJ is to get someone in to help him who has been round the block a few times - never going to happen however - unless of course, it's Johnston Senior.

Refering back to a thread a couple of weeks back he does have one of the most secure jobs in professional football mainly due to the hugely unhealthy relationship between the two families.

But hey, it's ok because we are a small club in this league, we have improved from last season, next season we will be ready,we can't sign the players other can.

Well let's wake up here, the strategy, the project, whatever it is called will never get this club to the PL, in its current incarnation.

Every season it will get harder and harder to get promoted, and that is without doubt, trying to do it by developing players, buying cheap, selling high, is a guaranteed route to nowhere in this league.

I actually doubt the club do want promotion, I think if they can keep 20k customers coming through the turnstiles every couple of weeks and the Rugby club stays up next season all is well with BS.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

As soon as he brought off Kelly I knew that would be it, no playoffs. We looked comfortable defending, so why change the defence? Bring on O'Dowda for Diedhiou, and then we have someone with pace to hit them on the break. We had the ball in good positions a few times at 1-1 and the moves broke down because we didn't have someone with pace to pass it through to. Why use all our subs so early? Johnson seems to think the only way to force a goal is to make attacking subs. We could easily have nicked a 2-1 win if we had kept defending well with Kelly at left back. 

Quite agree.

I was there and we did OK first half, but got a tad over-run second half. Traore ran us ragged, but they didn't create too much, and Reid had a chance at the end to nick a point. Two goals from corners, not unusual for a Pulis team, and let's not forget, we were away to a decent team. With hindsight, leaving Kelly on and not bringing on Taylor might have been a better option, but management is easy with hindsight. It just didn't come together second half, and Boro really fought to defend the lead once the second goal went in. Far from disgraced, overall a fair result. But most importantly, hoping Patrick Bamford is OK. Looked a horrible injury.

It really feels like the players aren't being held to account. They beat Man United and took the Champions of England all the way, but can't turn over Burton, Bolton and a fucking Tony Pulis side.

22 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I have no doubt that he absolutely tries his best, no doubt at all

However, he is a very inexperienced manager who looks out of his depth in many ways,he also also surronded by inexperience in the coaching team.

I think the best thing for LJ is to get someone in to help him who has been round the block a few times - never going to happen however - unless of course, it's Johnston Senior.

Refering back to a thread a couple of weeks back he does have one of the most secure jobs in professional football mainly due to the hugely unhealthy relationship between the two families.

But hey, it's ok because we are a small club in this league, we have improved from last season, next season we will be ready,we can't sign the players other can.

Well let's wake up here, the strategy, the project, whatever it is called will never get this club to the PL, in its current incarnation.

Every season it will get harder and harder to get promoted, and that is without doubt, trying to do it by developing players, buying cheap, selling high, is a guaranteed route to nowhere in this league.

I actually doubt the club do want promotion, I think if they can keep 20k customers coming through the turnstiles every couple of weeks and the Rugby club stays up next season all is well with BS.

People keep saying he is inexperienced but in terms of football management he is into about his sixth season so he should have a clue by now about how he wants to play.It would not surprise me if Johnson snr was already being sounded out as a helping hand God help us

46 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Nothing will change though. The club lacks ambition and direction.

Oh and a decent manager

I don’t think SL lacks ambition. It’s just his ability to appoint a good manager, and maintain a good relationship with him, is flawed. I can remember when he did one of his pre match talks to supporters, before a match at Derby, that he said he didn’t like committees unles it’s a committee of one - himself. Perhaps this is why he likes the current set up with Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson etc. They’re a group of people who are easy going and “nice”. Not likely to have an argument with him about policy etc 

It Is never on one game is it?

Since the turn, if we look at games against those in the top ten, we have managed draws against Fulham and Derby. We have lost against Wolves, Cardiff, Villa, Middlesborough, Preston, Millwall and Brentford. Other than Wolves, I defy anyone to say we were unlucky in any of those games.

That is simply shocking. LJ at his worst from a distance comes up with new formations and tactics at the drop of a hat, and his subs border on baffling.

This season represents progress overall for sure. Worried we might well struggle next.

50 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

This is a group that appears to lack mental strength and that pretty much lost motivation once the cup run was over.

It would be nice if for once players took their share of the responsibility.

If I do a bad job I don't have the option of keeping my head down and letting my boss take the flack. Nice work if you can get it.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It is funny how certain posters tend to appear on the forum immediately after a defeat. I've been on here a fair while and names I don't recognise always pop up during these slumps.

‘These slumps’

2 hours ago, Unan said:

Looked like they never played together, I just don't understand what LJ has tried to change to bring such catastrophic results?

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Lee Johnson’s inability to maintain a teams form is certainly a mystery. 

I can’t stand it when people try to defend him by pointing to the ‘average’, they are 2 very different things and allowing his teams to go on such awful, awful runs is mind boggling.

Good manager or not he has become a tinker man since December because, so he says, he has had relentless injuries.

Ok, lets indulge him again then, so he is de facto admitting he has made a significant number of signing failures because he is discounting them all and telling us he is only considering the regular long standing squad players, many of whom have indeed been injured.

And so back to the fact he has had to become a tinker man.

Draw your own conclusions.

Archived