IGNORED

Recruitment

GrahamC

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You should take a look at Kodjia’s career record before his one great season at Angers then, it was worse..

The above means nothing at all- it is what you see once they join us, Diony had a season where he kept Dijon up almost singlehanded but immediately struggled at St. Etienne, we clearly got the St. Etienne version, not the Dijon one..

I know stats aren't the be all and end all,  just thought it was interesting that apart from a golden spell of 8 in 13 , he got 11 in 35 for Djon in the top flight. Now they may have been struggling and that would explain why people decided 1 in 3 was good enough to take a punt. What I'm surprised at is, although the French League is not the richest, they thought £9m was a good price.

3 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Credit @bearded_red for this list:

January 2016 (with added emergency loans made later in the season)

• Scott Golbourne 0
  • Lee Tomlin (loan) +1
  • Adam Matthews (loan) -1
  • Richard O'Donnell 0
  • Alex Pearce (loan) -1
  • Ben Gladwin (loan) 0
  • Peter Odemwingie (loan) 0

Summer 2016

• Lee Tomlin -1
  • Hörður Magnusson 0
  • Taylor Moore -1
  • Gustav Engvall -1
  • Callum O'Dowda +1
  • Diego De Girolamo -1
  • Josh Brownhill +1
  • Adam Matthews (loan) -1
  • Tammy Abraham (loan) +1
  • Jamie Paterson ‘+1
  • Ivan Lucic -1
  • Joel  Ekstrand -1
  • Gary O'Neil -1

January 2017

• Milan Djuric 0
  • Matty Taylor 0
  • Jens Hegeler -1
  • Fabian Gieffer (loan) -1
  • Bailey Wright +1
  • Dave Cotterill (loan) 0

Summer 2017

• Famara Diedhou +1
  • Nathan Baker +1
  • Niclas Eliasson -1
  • Eros Pisano 0
  • Luke Steele 0
  • Cauley Woodrow (loan) -1
  • Jonathan Leko (loan) -1

January 2018

• Liam Walsh 0
  • Lois Diony (loan) -5
  • Ryan Kent (loan) -1

So I’ve scored everyone +1 (half decent), 0 (jury’s out) or -1 (failed signing). 

Obviously different scoring chart for one of the players. 

I make LJ -9 in signings. 

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know stats aren't the be all and end all,  just thought it was interesting that apart from a golden spell of 8 in 13 , he got 11 in 35 for Djon in the top flight. Now they may have been struggling and that would explain why people decided 1 in 3 was good enough to take a punt. What I'm surprised at is, although the French League is not the richest, they thought £9m was a good price.

If I understand you right 

Thats 8 in 13 games

And 3 in the remaining 22

There’s a theme here and you’ve found the reason we went for him

A perfect LJ signing by the look ;)

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If I understand you right 

Thats 8 in 13 games

And 3 in the remaining 22

There’s a theme here and you’ve found the reason we went for him

A perfect LJ signing by the look ;)

No probably didn't explain myself well in that post , he got 8 in 13 games for his 2nd side, Monte de Marsan in the equivalent of div4.
 27 in 107 for Djon , his only season in L1 bringing 11 in 35

First full season in L2 3 in 33 theres alarm bells for you :whistle:

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Serious question, who exactly is our head of recruitment now?

Since Des Taylor was sacked the club seems to have been very opaque about who holds the post.

I have seen Mervyn Day mentioned & he was definitely a European scout for us after Matthieu Louis Jean (the guy who found Kodjia) left, but if it is him, then it seems very strange that he moved into the top role with no official comment.

Pretty obvious, but this area seems badly in need of a total overhaul after the January failures of Diony and Kent, plus what has seemed a scattergun approach to signings, especially to strikers.

Engvall, Djuric, Woodrow, Taylor to name but 4, how many of them can really be seen as successful?

How many of them did we actually need?

Agree, I said this in another thread!

4 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am unconvinced by the majority of players signed in the Ashton/Johnson era, so many players who don't work out and a small fortune wasted. There have been a few successes but so much room for improvement that SL should be questioning those responsible.

I will correct that for you  "SL should be sacking those responsible"

Hello Keynsham Graham; i think of those 4 Djuric will prove to have been a success and he has won a lot of headers this season. You go to home games so will have seen this. Taylor cost 'chumps change' and i dont think it matters whether we needed him or not; it's just fun to strip the other lot of their favourite player

Archived