IGNORED

Tannoy again....yawn, yawn

Desso

As a season ticket holder in the Dolman Stand, I too am frustrated by the clubs reluctance to rectify the appalling tannoy system in the Dolman, but I think that I now now the reason. On Friday, I sat just below the directors box for the rugby and lo and behold, although not perfect, I could hear every word, even the video sound  was discernable. So there you are, as long as the suits and corporates can hear, sod the rest. We are indeed the poor relations.

Maybe it depends on where you are sat in the DS. I'm glad that you can hear it OK, but you shouldn't decry people who complain when they can't. I can only assume that you are another "I'm alright Jack" merchant who doesn't give a monkeys about anyone else. I reckon that the potatoes that you say are in my ears, should be put in your big gob to stop you coming out with such bile.

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

Maybe it depends on where you are sat in the DS. I'm glad that you can hear it OK, but you shouldn't decry people who complain when they can't. I can only assume that you are another "I'm alright Jack" merchant who doesn't give a monkeys about anyone else. I reckon that the potatoes that you say are in my ears, should be put in your big gob to stop you coming out with such bile.

A lot of "I'm alright Jacks" in Ashton Gate these days, as demonstrated with the recent season ticket debacle.

To be honest, the tannoy works fine - it's the pre-recorded chats that are incomprehensible.  And it's not just my aged ears - no-one I've spoken to can make out the pre-match interviews.  

They should either be scrapped, or recorded with better equipment and played louder - or subtitled.

At present,  only lip-readers get the benefit.

2 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

A lot of "I'm alright Jacks" in Ashton Gate these days, as demonstrated with the recent season ticket debacle.

Indeed. I'm in the Dolman at the front and it's just noise. 

I don't particularly want to hear what's being said so ain't too fussed. 

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm a season ticket holder in the dolman and can hear every word nice and clear.

Maybe adjust your hearing aid or clean the potatoes out your ears.

Gets a bit tedious going over the subject every month.

As you said yawn, yawn! 

Nice patronising response 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, the tannoy works fine - it's the pre-recorded chats that are incomprehensible.  And it's not just my aged ears - no-one I've spoken to can make out the pre-match interviews.  

They should either be scrapped, or recorded with better equipment and played louder - or subtitled.

Subtitling sounds like a great solution that I haven't seen suggested yet. The club seem to always say it's very difficult to get the sound balance right and we can't hear it, so perhaps @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could ask about whether that would be possible?

I understand that the interviews are done very close to the match but surely it wouldn't take long after the teamsheets come out for some tech guru to edit a few subtitles to the bottom of it.

25 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It was meant to be. This thread has bought nothing new to the already dull as dishwasher debate on the tannoy!!

I think you missed the point I was making. I was highlighting the fact that it was so much better in the Lansdown stand and as long as it stayed that way, the chances of it being made better for the rest of us is minimal. I suggest that you get off your very, very high horse and in future don't read posts that refer to the tannoy.

This problem seems consistent with general attitude of BS to ordinary fans.  Let's face it, they don't really care.  Their pr is quite quite appalling for a professional business of this size.  

Seems to me hardly surprising that other aspects of the club, e.g. scouting, are nearly as bad.

Someone needs to get a grip.  If LJ feels it necessary to measure grass, then others should look at details such as hot water and PA systems

Come onCity get your act together.  Sorry, error.  Come on BS get your act together 

14 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Subtitling sounds like a great solution that I haven't seen suggested yet. The club seem to always say it's very difficult to get the sound balance right and we can't hear it, so perhaps @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could ask about whether that would be possible?

I understand that the interviews are done very close to the match but surely it wouldn't take long after the teamsheets come out for some tech guru to edit a few subtitles to the bottom of it.

Yes, I've suggested this in the past.......no response!

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

With a decent tannoy anything heard over it would be crystal clear and it ain't!  Walking around the outside of the SS the sound system is perfectly clear but once inside the Dolman is decidedly crap and has been since the revamp.

Its an absolute disgrace that the well known sound system is fucked but nothing has been done to rectify it. Mention it to any club officials and they either pass the buck or waffle something like " it's being looked into"  yeah right............:disapointed2se:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With a decent tannoy anything heard over it would be crystal clear and it ain't!  Walking around the outside of the SS the sound system is perfectly clear but once inside the Dolman is decidedly crap and has been since the revamp.

Its an absolute disgrace that the well known sound system is fucked but nothing has been done to rectify it. Mention it to any club officials and they either pass the buck or waffle something like " it's being looked into"  yeah right............:disapointed2se:

If it keeps annoying you I think they should leave it as it is.... :laughcont::clapping::laughcont:

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm a season ticket holder in the dolman and can hear every word nice and clear.

Maybe adjust your hearing aid or clean the potatoes out your ears.

Gets a bit tedious going over the subject every month.

As you said yawn, yawn! 

Agreed. I also sit in the Dolman and can hear it loud and clear. I’ve never quite got the uproar about it. 

2 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Agreed. I also sit in the Dolman and can hear it loud and clear. I’ve never quite got the uproar about it. 

Genuinely interested, can you hear the screen sound clearly as well? If so, it's a location thing.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think that is an advantage!

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

It was meant to be. This thread has bought nothing new to the already dull as dishwasher debate on the tannoy!!

I agree, but for a significant number of supporters (myself included) it's absolutely useless.

For a change, I sat in the lower Lansdown for the rugby last Friday and couldn't hear anything clearly - apart from the music clips that were played when Bristol scored.

There was something ironic about seeing Steve Lansdown stand on the pitch at half-time thanking everyone involved in getting Bristol back into the Premiership.  At least I think that's what he was doing - he might have been telling the crowd about the latest stockmarket trends.  I couldn't understand a word.  He spent £50M of his own money (thank you Steve) on a brilliant stadium but someone dropped the ball when it came to the tannoy.

After two years of tinkering with volumes, I don't accept that the system still needs more adjustments.  Bigger stadia up and down the country have perfectly clear PA systems.  Unfortunately we've been sold a dud and the quicker it's all replaced, the better.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Perhaps the club ought to get Pete Townsend in to sort out the sound system. He does like quality sound systems and not some chinese crap

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I can always hear Downsey and his various inanities...  :bored:

It is just the pre-recorded stuff they play that is lost in the ether .... suggesting, it is the way they tape those interviews that is crap. 

Archived