IGNORED

Senior Reds Lunch Thursday 19th April

TETBURY MASSIVE

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Can't think of many things I'd want to do less than spend my lunch with MA! 

He's actually a smart guy and well practiced in corporate speak. He's been to Senior Reds before and is interesting to listen to.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's actually a smart guy and well practiced in corporate speak. He's been to Senior Reds before and is interesting to listen to.

Some would say corporate speak covers up for inadequacies in other areas

Personally I’m a working-class type of guy from a working class back ground. I’m not particularly keen on these corporate types, I don’t trust them, I don’t enjoy their company and I find them largely false. However their jobs must be stressful in the extreme, they have to think of the consequences of each and every decision and how to spin it. I accept the roles are necessary and I take my hat off to these guys. I couldn’t do it. 

Re Mark Ashton , I can’t say I agree with all his decisions, but for all his smarm and corporate ness he doesn’t seem such a bad guy. I couldn’t do his job. Neither would I want to. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Has your breathless adulation for MA returned? Do you marvel at him once again as Mr. C H A R I S M A?

Seem to remember you'd gone right off him ( and LJ for that matter) this time last year? :dunno:

54 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Has your breathless adulation for MA returned? Do you marvel at him once again as Mr. C H A R I S M A?

Seem to remember you'd gone right off him ( and LJ for that matter) this time last year? :dunno:

Last year?  I struggle to remember last week.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Last year?  I struggle to remember last week.

I find some of your posts quite memorable, and you do seem to go from one extreme to the other.

You were so charmed and besotted by Mark Ashton you felt moved to start a thread to gush about him, and call him MR. C H A R I S M A.

The time came when you went right off him and his corporate lingo, but now it seems your admiration knows no bounds once again.

LJ too, from love, to a certain disdain, now he's very much your golden boy again.

At the moment you seem to hold both MA and LJ in very high regard.

It'll be interesting to see when you have another total about turn and lay into them both again.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I find some of your posts quite memorable, and you do seem to go from one extreme to the other.

You were so charmed and besotted by Mark Ashton you felt moved to start a thread to gush about him, and call him MR. C H A R I S M A.

The time came when you went right off him and his corporate lingo, but now it seems your admiration knows no bounds once again.

LJ too, from love, to a certain disdain, now he's very much your golden boy again.

It'll be interesting to see when you have another total about turn and lay into them both again.

Was going to march around the concourse mid match IIRC and had a piece of his mind and physical assault planned for LJ 

05E8617A-83E5-4DD6-BA29-49B049576402.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think the both of them are doing a good job - end of.

I read lots of unnecessary critism which in my view reflects those critics don't actually have a clue of where the club is looking to get.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I think the both of them are doing a good job - end of.

I read lots of unnecessary critism which in my view reflects those critics don't actually have a clue of where the club is looking to get.

You yourself have been one of those critics who you now say 'don't have a clue' - not recently of MA and LJ granted, but a bit rich to criticise fans who have every right to question things now when you have been so damning of them yourself in the not too distant past.

You go from adoration to scorn and back again. Does that really tally with your self evaluation of being a fan who has exceptional insight of 'where the club is looking to get', or just one who gets totally carried away in one direction or the other and basically contradicts himself totally over time and appears very confused?

Archived