IGNORED

The day LJ proved he hasn't got it

mrevans

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Thanks for that. As I posted last week; Strikers win games, defences win championships.

Sure but, you know, Cameron Jerome and all that. And we know Grabban would have chosen us ahead of Villa and on a much lower wage.:whistle:

Defenders are just not exciting enough for fans I fear. Nor our management it seems.:disapointed2se:

27 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Spot on. He has no real interest in Bristol City. The fact that we have Bristol Sport demonstrates that. A basket of money making activities. That’s all he’s after - to bask in his own fucking glory.

Tin hat on but that’s how I’ve seen it for years.

Nice and sunny in Edinburgh today though.

To be honest, I'd have thought if it was about making money, there's shedloads of industries he'd be better off investing in rather than sport. It's fair enough to question the wisdom of the Bristol Sport idea, or whether it really works to link a load of clubs from different sports together when they have their own identities - but I honestly don't think he's in it to make money. I honestly believe he is sincere in wanting to improve the reputation of sport in the South-West. It's a valid question, though, as to whether Bristol Sport's approach is the best way to go about it...

I’ve defended LJ on occasion but won’t defend him today.

4-2 up with 20 mins in a must-win game at home to inferior opposition and we concede 3 more. There is simply no excuse for it. That sort of thing simply doesn’t happen under a Warnock or McCarthy-type manager.

LJ was marginally in credit still with me; after that I’d say he’s back to 50:50 at best. Wouldn’t lose sleep if he went.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I can’t, and won’t defend Johnson today, but that back 5 need to be kicked up the fucking arse. 

5 absolutely soft as shit goals to concede, the free kick being the pick of the bunch, utterly, laughably useless from Fielding. 

Seven of the team that was 2-0 down at Hull with 20 mins to go and yet won were in today's game and scraped a draw having twice had a two goal lead..

• Fielding, Baker, Wright, Magnusson, Flint, Smith, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Pack, Woodrow, Reid
  • Fielding, Bryan, Flint, Baker, Pisano, Paterson, O'Dowda, Smith, Pack, Diedhiou, Reid

21 minutes ago, 22A said:

Thanks for that. As I posted last week; Strikers win games, defences win championships.

I agree with that, and we definitely needed right-back cover in January - I honestly think that would make all the difference.

But I honestly think we have at least 4 and probably 7 defenders who are more than good enough for this level individually. The concern for me is things go wrong so often as a unit..

All the 9 teams above us have let in at least 10 goals fewer than us this season with the exception of Brentford, this is where our problem lies not the fact that we bring Brownhill or Taylor on and might tweak our midfield or attack slightly, defensively we are mentally weak which might be because we have a keeper who nobody has any confidence in

11 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Certainly. 

But why were we in that position?

because of his previous shit subs and Reid to left wing!

how we were chasing a game from 4-2 up at 4-5 down could only happen under this tactically inept fool!

A little bit of a misnomer to start your post with 'Korey off' then if you agreed with it.

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

All the 9 teams above us have let in at least 10 goals fewer than us this season with the exception of Brentford, this is where our problem lies not the fact that we bring Brownhill or Taylor on and might tweak our midfield or attack slightly, defensively we are mentally weak which might be because we have a keeper who nobody has any confidence in

Interesting you say that which therefore begs the thought; you know you are weak in defence so you keep on attacking; you don't throw a midfielder up front and put your top scorer over on left midfield. Tactically inept and he blames his defenders... Poor.

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Yep, defence has been absolutely gash for three seasons. Genuinely believe that with a better back 5 we could have got automatic promotion. If we get big offers for Bryan and Flint then I sincerely hope we take them and use the money to buy a completely new back 5 and a proper defensive midfielder. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep, defence has been absolutely gash for three seasons. Genuinely believe that with a better back 5 we could have got automatic promotion. 

Not as simple as that though 86 (And yes the back four and FF were abysmal today

Pisano looked like he’d been dragged off the downs as did JB at times

Baker looked as if he wasn’t bothered and Flint failed to pull them together or perform himself

JP hardly broke sweat and take the 2nd goal of theirs when Korey gives away possession with everyone charging forward and for the umpteenth time they are immediately threatening or goal

Massive fan of Flint but him and Baker were like two strangers today or two sulking kids who weren’t talking to each other

Theres clearly a lot going on under the surface and we look a shambles and a rudderless ship

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not as simple as that though 86 (And yes the back four and FF were abysmal today

Baker looked as if he wasn’t bothered and Flint failed to pull them together or perform himself

JP hardly broke sweat and take the 2nd goal of theirs when Korey gives away possession with everyone charging forward and for the umpteenth time they are immediately threatening or goal

Massive fan of Flint but him and Baker were like two strangers today or two sulking kids who weren’t talking to each other

Theres clearly a lot going on under the surface and we look a shambles and a rudderless ship

All 5 goals were absolutely soft as shit. Shit keeper, shit full backs and shit centre backs today.

If I was Diedhiou or Reid I’d be absolutely fuming at some of my team mates tonight

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not particularly relating this to Flint and Baker - and to be very clear, as ever, I am as far from ITK as it is possible to be - it has crossed my mind more than once that interpersonal matters could be a factor in what is going on. I really do wonder if the underlying issue is that something has happened to upset the camp. I also think about LJ's interview last week about a difficult summer and a need to trust the decisions the club makes are the best ones in the long-term. People tended to see it as "we might need to sell players to make money" but part of me wonders if what he really means is "we might need to sell players because they're disrupting the club". 

Again I want to absolutely stress I do not know anything or have any evidence for this claim. 

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not particularly relating this to Flint and Baker - and to be very clear, as ever, I am as far from ITK as it is possible to be - it has crossed my mind more than once that interpersonal matters could be a factor in what is going on. I really do wonder if the underlying issue is that something has happened to upset the camp. I also think about LJ's interview last week about a difficult summer and a need to trust the decisions the club makes are the best ones in the long-term. People tended to see it as "we might need to sell players to make money" but part of me wonders if what he really means is "we might need to sell players because they're disrupting the club". 

Again I want to absolutely stress I do not know anything or have any evidence for this claim. 

Have to say I’m not sure you are anywhere off the truth

I smell and sense cliques too

Archived