IGNORED

The day LJ proved he hasn't got it

mrevans

Managers carry the can but it goes much deeper than that.

The culture of the club is one of complacency, epitomised by Ashton saying promotion was not the aim and the players practically downing tools when the glamour of the cup was over.

To anybody not obsessed with strikers the January window was the time to strengthen the defence, especially at full back. We got a striker and a winger we didn't need instead.

Compounded by scattergun team selection and a gung ho approach certainly but I don't kid myself that sacking the manager will cure the problem of culture that has been there for most of my 5 decades as a City fan.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Managers carry the can but it goes much deeper than that.

The culture of the club is one of complacency, epitomised by Ashton saying promotion was not the aim and the players practically downing tools when the glamour of the cup was over.

To anybody not obsessed with strikers the January window was the time to strengthen the defence, especially at full back. We got a striker and a winger we didn't need instead.

Compounded by scattergun team selection and a gung ho approach certainly but I don't kid myself that sacking the manager will cure the problem of culture that has been there for most of my 5 decades as a City fan.

Needs a change right at the top. People wont listen though as we have a local man who loves the club, also the ‘’be careful what you wish for’’ line will be rolled out aswell, ‘’do we really want foreign owners who will ruin the club’’ is another that the scaremongers will churn out..

For me its simple, Steve and the rest of the Lansdowns aren’t winners, not really. Steve is an extremely successful businessman which is what baffles me the most when it comes to his footballing decisions.. but time and time again he has shown mediocrity is really where he and his family feel at there most comfortable. We need winners at this club if we want TRUE progression imo.

Just now, bris red said:

Needs a change right at the top. People wont listen though as we have a local man who loves the club, also the ‘’be careful what you wish for’’ line will be rolled out aswell, ‘’do we really want foreign owners who will ruin the club’’ is another that the scaremongers will churn out..

For me its simple, Steve and the rest of the Lansdowns aren’t winners, not really. Steve is an extremely successful businessman which is what baffles me the most when it comes to his footballing decisions.. but time and time again he has shown mediocrity is really where he and his family feel at there most comfortable. We need winners at this club if we want TRUE progression imo.

Spot on. He has no real interest in Bristol City. The fact that we have Bristol Sport demonstrates that. A basket of money making activities. That’s all he’s after - to bask in his own fucking glory.

Tin hat on but that’s how I’ve seen it for years.

Nice and sunny in Edinburgh today though.

27 minutes ago, mrevans said:

He's a salesman not a manager. Talks a lot but doesn't really say anything! Very poorly managed after going 4-2 up. Why did he bring off Korey Smith? 

Korey off. Reid to left wing. Pisano having a shocker and not replaced. 

Sorry but hes the ONLY one that cant see it!!

next season could be a very, very long one!

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Korey off. Reid to left wing. Pisano having a shocker and not replaced. 

Sorry but hes the ONLY one that cant see it!!

next season could be a very, very long one!

Korey was taken off at 4-4. @ReggyRed sums it up for me. Defence an absolute joke.

1 minute ago, ReggyRed said:

Laughable the manager gets the blame today.

Players always get protected. They were a joke today

The manager picks the players and the tactics, any decent manager knows how to adjust team using subs and adjust tactics to ensure team retain the lead having gone 2 goals in front with only 20 mins to play - LJ does not.

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

He's a winner at Rugby , the big old bear that he be .

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Thanks for that. As I posted last week; Strikers win games, defences win championships.

Some posters don't help themselves with their inaccuracies.

Subs were a tiring O'Dowda off for Brownhill  to get control of midfield in a 4-5-1. It didn't work.

At 4-4 our defensive mid Smith came off for Taylor as we needed a goal. Back to 4-4-2.

Djuric on for last roll of the dice.

I don't necessarily think his subs were a problem. More that his team is so weakwilled and pathetic in the lead.

When will he ever learn. He’s been a manager for nearly 5 years and 2 and a half with us but shows no signs he is learning to close games out. I’m starting to think he is a chancer who’s teams play like he played. 

We have seen so many gutless ends to games this season and last. This can’t go on.

Archived