IGNORED

Nathan Baker being sold in the summer

Negan

Ok so I’ve seen multiple comments now suggesting that he’s likely to be sold in the summer however apart from on here I haven’t heard or read anything about Baker possibly leaving. Why do so many on here think he’ll be sold? Genuinely confused and not aware of anything happening that would make the club sell him after only a year. 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Ok so I’ve seen multiple comments now suggesting that he’s likely to be sold in the summer however apart from on here I haven’t heard or read anything about Baker possibly leaving. Why do so many on here think he’ll be sold? Genuinely confused and not aware of anything happening that would make the club sell him after only a year. 

I’ve said I think he may go Negan

Knowledge to that effect or ITK - No

Merely a feeling about all sorts of little things-

LJs comments about his illnesses / injuries / availability and some obvious frustrations expressed

NBs body language in recent weeks

The logical belief that as somebody who’s tasted the Prem NB didn’t come here to see our better players sold but hang around whilst we constantly rebuild the project

Tbf - You could say the same (Not definitely off) about Reid , Flint or Bryan some or all whom , who some / many anticipate will leave - They all have degrees of ‘likeliness’ if you wanted to compile some odds and Baker would be high on my own list of personal departures after Flint / Reid / Bryan and some that LJ has demonstrated he doesn’t fancy or trust like Engvall and Hörður

So nowhere near a ‘definitely going’ for me - more ‘certainly a possibility’  I guess

Pack similarly , Flints best mate , a year left on contract and previous rumours (His Dad) regarding fairness of wages etc and players being brought in on much higher wages - A possible ‘shock’ departure for me

there was also the mysterious leaving out of Baker and Pack v Brentford on the back of a few mumblings (rumours) about some words in the camp before this game

Just vibes / educated guesses from me 

This was covered pretty comprehensively last week if the OP simply digs out that thread..

None of us actually know, as we are not LJ, Ashton or the player himself.

Clearly though something isn’t right, LJ moaned about him starting at Burton but not being fit enough to play for more than 45, he was also absent for a number of games last month.

His form since Xmas (he’s not alone there) has been ropey and when LJ came out with his “difficult summer” line, he was one some guessed could be a surprise departure.

Yesterday’s performance can’t have made that any less likely, either.

19 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Read on here earlier in the week that his ‘party boy’ lifestyle is not appreciated by the club. Utter lies and a slanderous accusation from somebody who clearly doesn’t have a clue. 

Sounds familiar..

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Summer starts early these days .

:disapointed2se:

All joking aside Major

It had better do for BCFC

The Club will know who is almost certainly off , those who may be off , and those they’d like to move on

It’s clearly not a happy camp atm and that will only add pressure in the numbers hoping / looking themselves to maybe move on

The Club clearly have a very testing summer ahead with some large holes likely to need filling

Lets hope their pre planning regarding recruitment is very much ready , very good and up to speed and up to task this time around

IMHO    MA / LJ will , this summer , have to outperform any previous levels (of success / signs of their ability ) in recruitment , and integration of new players to give us a chance of even standing still / stable next season 

Didnt LJ say to judge him after 3 windows too? Won’t this be his 4/5th...? He is going to end up selling/replacing half the players he’s bought at this rate. 

Wouldn’t blame Baker if he wants to go tbh. Seems to be thrown under the bus at any opportunity to the media for whatever reason. 

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

IMHO    MA / LJ will , this summer , have to outperform any previous levels (of success / signs of their ability ) in recruitment , and integration of new players to give us a chance of even standing still / stable next season 

Any excuse to have a listen to this marvellous tune..

Still we have our £2 million  Swedish Winger helping with warm ups and doing a good impression of being an expensive athletic looking mascot

Amyone have a prediction when he might be trusted to pay a part ?

Where does he fit in to any sort of plan ?

Ahead of COD ?

Replacement for JP ?

Not sure many other Clubs of our size buy a £2 million pound player and give him little opportunity

Our 3rd and 4th most expensive players in current squad , and the fifth and sixth in our history,  are in Sweden and warming the bench with little or no game time

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still we have our £2 million  Swedish Winger helping with warm ups and doing a good impression of being an expensive athletic looking mascot

Amyone have a prediction when he might be trusted to pay a part ?

Where does he fit in to any sort of plan ?

Ahead of COD ?

Replacement for JP ?

Not sure many other Clubs of our size buy a £2 million pound player and give him little opportunity

Our 3rd and 4th most expensive players in current squad , and the fifth and sixth in our history,  are in Sweden and warming the bench with little or no game time

Something's happening here

What it is ain't exactly clear

There's a Swede with a ball over there

Tell Mark Ashton to beware

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This was covered pretty comprehensively last week if the OP simply digs out that thread..

I did look and couldn't find anything, only a few comments here and there on various threads which only led to more answers than questions. I don't really have the time to click on every thread and read every comment in hope for an answer, certainly not enough time to go a week of threads back! so thought I'd start a thread of my own in hope of a solid answer, I got one. Nobody knows a damn thing and are speculating. For the amount of posters saying he's likely to go I thought there was a genuine reason but by the looks of things is just people guessing, which is fine, people can come to their own conclusions, I was just curious as the way it was being put across by some it was as if it was a fact he would be leaving. I rate Baker highly and would be gutted if he left, he's the sort of centre back we need to build the defence around and hopefully he's here for the long run. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Didnt LJ say to judge him after 3 windows too? Won’t this be his 4/5th...? He is going to end up selling/replacing half the players he’s bought at this rate. 

Wouldn’t blame Baker if he wants to go tbh. Seems to be thrown under the bus at any opportunity to the media for whatever reason. 

What all this thrown under the bus crap, he's been poor, his fitness levels seem poor and his injury record is poor since the turn of the year. I find that very frustrating so I imagine the manager does too

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Read on here earlier in the week that his ‘party boy’ lifestyle is not appreciated by the club. Utter lies and a slanderous accusation from somebody who clearly doesn’t have a clue. 

What gives your counter-accusation that it’s lies any more credibility than the original accusation itself?

In other words, why do you have a clue, but they don’t?

6 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

What all this thrown under the bus crap, he's been poor, his fitness levels seem poor and his injury record is poor since the turn of the year. I find that very frustrating so I imagine the manager does too

So if that is the case, the HC shouldn't be questioning him in public, he should be resolving it in private.

Dont play him.

Work him hard in training.

Fine him every  penny that the rules / contract allows you too.

None of that works - sell him.

But DO NOT talk about it in the media which is an absolute guaranteed way to reduce the players value in the transfer market.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What gives your counter-accusation that it’s lies any more credibility than the original accusation itself?

In other words, why do you have a clue, but they don’t?

The irony of this poster

He’s in the know don’t you know 

All down to Engvall

and the Party Boys

Whenever asked to expand

He cant

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

So if that is the case, the HC shouldn't be questioning him in public, he should be resolving it in private.

Dont play him.               I think this has happened

Work him hard in training.         This may have happened

Fine him every  penny that the rules / contract allows you too.      You could but what's a weeks wages to person who gets paid so much, it really doesn't matter

None of that works - sell him. That could happen in the summer

But DO NOT talk about it in the media which is an absolute guaranteed way to reduce the players value in the transfer market.       Why not, I like the insight

4 hours ago, Negan said:

more like cause he slated him after the Burton away game and a fall out in the dressing room Baker not been playing the same since but we all know hes quality.

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

more like cause he slated him after the Burton away game and a fall out in the dressing room Baker not been playing the same since but we all know hes quality.

Don't agree, you can be quality if your 90 minutes on the pitch is 'quality' but if you play like dog shit, you are shit. Do you still think that Johnson is quality because of the first half of the season. No of coarse not, he was, he isn't now

44 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

You’ll never hear anything from me about ‘party boys’ Bob. You’re obsessed with me. 

Oh no - Now, Thats upsetting

and so frustrating 

was so so desperate to hear all of what you knew troll

:laughcont: :laughcont: 

(you could always make something up so it looks like you actually do know something :thumbsup::laughcont:)

I mean Baker has always struggled with injury and has always been liable to fly into a tackle or two. So it would be weird for LJ to moan about it like he didn’t know it was likely. Why it seemed like keeping Magnusson was important as he would have played 10-12 times for Baker. As it was he played quite often anyway for different reasons. 

17 hours ago, Negan said:

For what it's worth, Baker lives in a country house in the middle of Worcestershire and loves walking his dog early on a Sunday morning (based off his instagram story). Doesn't strike me as 'party boy' - quite the opposite in fact.

10 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

You’ll never hear anything from me about ‘party boys’ Bob. You’re obsessed with me. 

Bollocks.

That's now three players who's "lifestyles" you have posted about as being ITK.

I'm still waiting to hear the story FROM YOU about how Engvall was shipped out because he was destroying the changing room morale.

Engvall!

That Engvall who moves his girlfriend over, both enrol in University here, does everything LJ wanted - inc play U-18 and U21 games - and never complains.

The same Engvall who managed (inc subs) just 4 appearances - and never complained

Same bloke who has played for Sweden twice

Same bloke who has scored 9 goals in 28 apps in Swedens top flight since we signed him.

That Engvall?

Must have missed him punching out someone.

Or getting arrested.

Or being on the front page of the Newspapers when someone pisses into a raceday crowd.

Or failing a drugs test.

Or being spotted out on the piss every signal night.

That Engvall?

Now it's Baker who doesn't fit in because he DOESN'T hit the Columbian and get on the lash??

I'll give you a 4th attempt.

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW ENGVALL IS THE RINGLEADER OF A PARTY BOY CLIQUE THAT HAS DESTROYED THE DRESSING ROOM?  Especially as he's in Sweden..............

Archived