IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They have actually gone nuts by the year.

A lot of what Dave Fevs said tbh.

In a market where James Maddison- very good season  at Norwich though he's having and despite being only 21, is worth double Ruben Neves who is also 21 and joined Wolves summer 2017.

You are believing all you read in the "gossip" sites there, Maddison is not going to go for £30m.

Neves's  value may however double - helluva player .

12 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

You are believing all you read in the "gossip" sites there, Maddison is not going to go for £30m.

Neves's  value may however double - helluva player .

Certainly don't believe all I read in 'gossip' sites but a bidding war for Maddison? Could happen, could push to say 25 million maybe...every club wants to find the next big star.

Neves? Bit of a bargain at 15 million, wasn't he? Read his wages quite low at Porto too.

I think however we look at it though, fees on a definite upward trajectory though- particularly for PL clubs and the richest 4-5 in the rest of Europe.

7 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Damn right. When the defence has consisted of Flint & Bryan for the period you cite, it’s no surprise we’ve struggled. 

Both are more reknowned for what they’ve done at the other end than for their defensive solidity. Get shot of them both. Quick. 

somebody must be responsible for our defensive blunders, why should these two escape criticism, they seem to be bulletproof on here though, they are undoubtedly good players but are both prone to seriously bad mistakes.at times.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We had another guy who came from France, scored 20 goals in his first season in a struggling team in the championship and cost less than half of what we paid for Fammy, then we sold the other guy for over 7 times what we paid for him....

Fammy has been described on this thread as ‘great’ and even ‘superb’ ..... he isn’t there yet, he’s a frustrating player to watch....seems at times like he’s never played the game then he scores a goal....there are also comments above that say things like ‘he’s no Jonathan Kodjia’ etc.....well he should be, he cost more than double the fee we paid for JK from the same standard/level of football.....he should therefore be at least as good as JK....and it’s not unreasonable to expect him to be better given their respective transfer fees...

Kodja was a great bit of business at the price we paid for him, but I guarantee you every foreign striker we will buy at 2.5million won't be as good as Kodja. We got very lucky with Kodja and that reflected when he was sold for 15million a year later...

54 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I know it is an expensive pain in the neck when a club signs a dud but there is a part of me that rejoices that human beings can't be reduced to a whole list of stats and numbers. 

:innocent06:

#screwthenumbercrunchers

Well let's not get to carried away 3789547, it's still a large part of identifying likely signings.

11 hours ago, pillred said:

somebody must be responsible for our defensive blunders, why should these two escape criticism, they seem to be bulletproof on here though, they are undoubtedly good players but are both prone to seriously bad mistakes.at times.

I think Bailey Wright has been missed in defence - neither Flint nor Baker have seemed to take any reponsibility for marshalling the defence in the last few games, and Flint looks a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season.  However, as regards the goals on Saturday:

• The first was a good goal, and I don't think we could have done much about it
  • Second was Joe Bryan out of position and Callum O'Dowda (covering behind him) ball-watching
  • Third was down to Frankie's poor positioning
  • Fourth was a baffling error from Korey Smith who seemed to have a straightforward chance to intercept a low cross, but for some inexplicable reason pulled his foot back at the last minute
  • Last was a Keystone Cops piece of play by Eros Pisano.

Actually Hull were decent going forward, though we did make it easier for them than we should have done.  Smith didn't seem to be taking responsibility in midfield (unusual to see him subbed, which maybe reflects how poorly he was playing).

On 23/04/2018 at 10:42, downendcity said:

The ability to score goals in top level football is a priceless commodity.

There are, have been and always will be players gifted with far greater pace and skill than someone like Fammy, but who don't seem to have the ability to get the ball in the net - we have signed a fair number of these over the years!

Before his injury, his partnership with Bobby R was growing strongly and promising much for the season. As it happens , his injury made way for Patterson playing off Bobby which proved to be another excellent partnership. In both cases, this was at a time when we were playing our "proper" football, and before the team collectively lost the plot.  (:

So Paterson playing off Fammy next season once Reid has been sold?! 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He doesn't have the football ' intelligence of a nineteen year old ' as LJ noted publicly for JK .

:disapointed2se:

I really disliked that comment when it was made, disrespectful imho, and something that should never have been said in public.  Just because he didn’t come through the usual French / Paris academy route, and because he played a bit off the cuff, doesn’t mean he had poor intelligence.  I don’t think language helped him, and that was probably more a factor.

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Quite possibly agree with that. Tactically much better, works harder and is a much better team player. Surprisingly his goal ratio is better too.

Wonder what JK would’ve been like with Reid up front rather than Wilbraham?

I think they’d be a nightmare to cope with....maybe Villa might see them as a pairing?

On 24/04/2018 at 11:33, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think Bailey Wright has been missed in defence - neither Flint nor Baker have seemed to take any reponsibility for marshalling the defence in the last few games, and Flint looks a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season.  However, as regards the goals on Saturday:

• The first was a good goal, and I don't think we could have done much about it
  • Second was Joe Bryan out of position and Callum O'Dowda (covering behind him) ball-watching
  • Third was down to Frankie's poor positioning
  • Fourth was a baffling error from Korey Smith who seemed to have a straightforward chance to intercept a low cross, but for some inexplicable reason pulled his foot back at the last minute
  • Last was a Keystone Cops piece of play by Eros Pisano.

Actually Hull were decent going forward, though we did make it easier for them than we should have done.  Smith didn't seem to be taking responsibility in midfield (unusual to see him subbed, which maybe reflects how poorly he was playing).

Take another look at the opener and you'll see there was plenty we could have done about it.  From Pato losing his man and Flint just standing there like a statue rather than making any attempt at all to close it down.  Good strike, undoubtedly, but he was given enough time to make himself a cuppa before shooting!

On 23/04/2018 at 13:29, Xiled said:

Having seen him play for us this season, I would much rather have Diedhiou in our team than playing against us.  Just when you think he's going to mis-control every ball he receives, he does something unexpected and the ball is in the back of the net.

I'm certain that (if he stays fit) he'll be an even better player next season.  The Championship is an unforgiving place to learn about English football and I can see him getting stronger, faster and more confident with more games.

I'll whisper this....if Bobby Reid does leave, I think Matty Taylor could be the next strike partner for Fam.

I heard that and I have severe tinnitus :) 

On 23/04/2018 at 09:30, Packman said:

Where are all the people saying he was s*** a few weeks ago, some of our fans haven’t got a clue. A great signing and great strike partner for Bobby. Comfortably in the play offs if he didn’t get injured.

I know, I remember seeing someone post "get rid" FFS. 

On 23/04/2018 at 12:57, David Brent said:

Credit where credits due but he was a £5M+ player...not some non league kid.

I agree regarding the Steve Brooker comparison though, I had the same thought at start of season.

Hope he can continue until next season like this, there’s going to be some pressure on him.

Whilst this is true, £5m in todays market is only a lot for us. When you look at the big money strikers coming to this country in the Premiership or this level, there aren't many that hit the ground running on their first season. I think his game is difficult to defend against and I feel he will be even better next season, having acclimatised  and if he stays fit. 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I know, I remember seeing someone post "get rid" FFS. 

Whilst this is true, £5m in todays market is only a lot for us. When you look at the bog money strikers coming to this country in the Premiership or this level, there aren't many that hit the ground running on their first season. I think his game is difficult to defend against and I feel he will be even better next season, having acclimatised  and if he stays fit. 

Thing is, if he doesn't score he'll look poor at best because of his style. He never, ever looks composed on the ball to me. I'll bet he is though, you can't not be and score as many as he has in an injury hit season.

I love him to bits but anyones first impressions will be that he looks out of his depth because of how he carries the ball, his frame, and the positioning of his feet.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I really disliked that comment when it was made, disrespectful imho, and something that should never have been said in public.  Just because he didn’t come through the usual French / Paris academy route, and because he played a bit off the cuff, doesn’t mean he had poor intelligence.  I don’t think language helped him, and that was probably more a factor.

Well Johnson's language has never helped him tbf... 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What was it/is it with the casts on the forearms of Kodjia and Fammy?! 

My driving instructor used to hit me on the wrist with a ruler if I left my hand on the gear stick when driving.

Apparently, it is the same in training with Angers - offside = smack on the risk with a 'gert big stick', and Kodjia is still wearing the scars. 

Archived