IGNORED

Rams v Sheep Botherers & Tonight’s Games

cheshire_red

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok, look at our form. 

Now look at our squad and the current regime’s transfer success. 

Now take away several of Bobby, Joe, Flinty, Pack and Baker. 

Suddenly not looking quite so rosy. 

Totally agree. If we lose the likes of Reid Flint and Pack and continue to recruit as we have done over the last few transfer windows we are really going to struggle. To be fair I thought we would struggle this season so hopefully I’m wrong but it just feels  like we are on the slide. 

Looking back on this thread I find it absolutely staggering people wanting Derby to win and actually cheering as their goals went in, all whilst its/was still mathematically possible for us to make the P/O regardless how shite we’ve been, this is the Championship and anything could happen. We ain’t half got some clueless ‘supporters’:facepalm:

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Looking back on this thread I find it absolutely staggering people wanting Derby to win and actually cheering as their goals went in, all whilst its/was still mathematically possible for us to make the P/O regardless how shite we’ve been, this is the Championship and anything could happen. We ain’t half got some clueless ‘supporters’:facepalm:

Come on mate. Even the most optimistic fan knows it was over even with a Cardiff win. Simply too many results needing to go our way at this stage. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ok, look at our form. 

Now look at our squad and the current regime’s transfer success. 

Now take away several of Bobby, Joe, Flinty, Pack and Baker. 

Suddenly not looking quite so rosy. 

Lot's of takeaway's there,  do you really think this will happen? 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Come on mate. Even the most optimistic fan knows it was over even with a Cardiff win. Simply too many results needing to go our way at this stage. 

3 point gap with 6 points to play for, and games against one another still? I found that far from over before tonight’s game, admittedly now it’s not happening but before tonight’s game it was all to play for hence why I find it pretty unbelievable City fans wanting a Derby win.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

3 point gap with 6 points to play for, and games against one another still? I found that far from over before tonight’s game, admittedly now it’s not happening but before tonight’s game it was all to play for hence why I find it pretty unbelievable City fans wanting a Derby win.

It was the kindest thing to do, to put the injured beast out of it's misery.

32 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Granted it’s not an exact science. 

But if you take away a clubs best players and replace them with unknowns chosen by someone whose record is questionable to say the least, then said club aren’t going to be as good. 

We could be next seasons Barnsley

43 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Granted it’s not an exact science. 

But if you take away a clubs best players and replace them with unknowns chosen by someone whose record is questionable to say the least, then said club aren’t going to be as good. 

True. 

My point is though, that it won't go as you or I expect it to. In the last 40 years it hardly ever has.

We've made some absolutely shocking signings this season, we'll probably do much better on that next season, it would be impossible not to. 

No idea how it's going to pan out, and past performance is not indicative of future results.

#Do your own research 

11 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

True. 

My point is though, that it won't go as you or I expect it to. In the last 40 years it hardly ever has.

We've made some absolutely shocking signings this season, we'll probably do much better on that next season, it would be impossible not to. 

No idea how it's going to pan out, and past performance is not indicative of future results. 

Massive summer ahead for Ashton and Johnson.  With the likelihood of Bryan and Flint departing also.  I think Reid may stay and be rewarded with a bumper contract. No doubt we will sign someone from Angers SCO.

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. I do. We were prepped for a mass exodus by LJ’s speech last week. 

Youre in for a shock If you don’t start preparing for it mate. 

I think you are right and it is part of the 'project'.

Sell the ones that we can, for as much as we can, and replace ' cheaply ' and go from there and do the same again.

I think we have a HC who totally and utterly believes that he can take  young Div1 / 2 players , and improve them to the point they sell on at a profit.

It is what the owner wants, as do many on here.

The correlation between that concept and getting to the PL is nebulous - the project will never get us anywhere near that as it stands.

9 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think you are right and it is part of the 'project'.

Sell the ones that we can, for as much as we can, and replace ' cheaply ' and go from there and do the same again.

I think we have a HC who totally and utterly believes that he can take  young Div1 / 2 players , and improve them to the point they sell on at a profit.

It is what the owner wants, as do many on here.

The correlation between that concept and getting to the PL is nebulous - the project will never get us anywhere near that as it stands.

What, like mathematically able to reach the play offs with two games to go? I'd say that's quite close. Not quite close enough, but certainly closer than nowhere near"

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Bet we win the last 2 now that the pressure is off.

Science FACT.

- Premiership teams in the cup (more so when we played our reserves)

- Earlier in the season when we were neither fancied nor establish in the top six

- End of last season when everyone bar his dad and his boss had given up on LJ

- Games immediately after we've lost or underperformed (contrast to after an international break when the expectation ratchets up and we wave the white flag)

In all cases when there is NO expectation and no pressure we're significantly better. 

Even on Saturday we only became a 4-goal team once 1-0 down and the season really seemed over. Then as soon as expectation returned at 3-1 and 4-2 we fell to pieces.

The City team needs to be an underdog. We simply don't have the self-belief, leadership or discipline to perform as the favourite.

Can you imagine what our League Cup run would have looked like it it was Barnet and Shrewsbury instead of Man Utd and Man City. 

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

Science FACT.

- Premiership teams in the cup (more so when we played our reserves)

- Earlier in the season when we were neither fancied nor establish in the top six

- End of last season when everyone bar his dad and his boss had given up on LJ

- Games immediately after we've lost or underperformed (contrast to after an international break when the expectation ratchets up and we wave the white flag)

In all cases when there is NO expectation and no pressure we're significantly better. 

Even on Saturday we only became a 4-goal team once 1-0 down and the season really seemed over. Then as soon as expectation returned at 3-1 and 4-2 we fell to pieces.

The City team needs to be an underdog. We simply don't have the self-belief, leadership or discipline to perform as the favourite.

Can you imagine what our League Cup run would have looked like it it was Barnet and Shrewsbury instead of Man Utd and Man City. 

Interesting angle. I would completely agree with respect to the cup games against Prem teams. We definitely played better when the pundits\experts\bookies didn't fancy us.

Not sure we want this for the future though. We'll never play Champions League if we have to stay underdogs for a full season to qualify :whistle:

I would say about a 0.25% chance we would be able to make the play offs now; therefore, I would like the club to use an entirely different 11 for the last 2 matches. Let us see all of the players that this club has spent hundreds of thousands if not millions on and have been hiding in the reserves and recall all the loans now, if possible. Give them invaluable first team action and ask the nominated captain of the day (playing or not) to select the formation.

Lee, go and do some shopping with the Mrs, you deserve a break. That last remark alone might solicit a few hardened thoughts.

Archived