IGNORED

Rams v Sheep Botherers & Tonight’s Games

cheshire_red

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Science FACT.

- Premiership teams in the cup (more so when we played our reserves)

- Earlier in the season when we were neither fancied nor establish in the top six

- End of last season when everyone bar his dad and his boss had given up on LJ

- Games immediately after we've lost or underperformed (contrast to after an international break when the expectation ratchets up and we wave the white flag)

In all cases when there is NO expectation and no pressure we're significantly better. 

Even on Saturday we only became a 4-goal team once 1-0 down and the season really seemed over. Then as soon as expectation returned at 3-1 and 4-2 we fell to pieces.

The City team needs to be an underdog. We simply don't have the self-belief, leadership or discipline to perform as the favourite.

Can you imagine what our League Cup run would have looked like it it was Barnet and Shrewsbury instead of Man Utd and Man City. 

Or Plymouth ? 

:yes:

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

3 point gap with 6 points to play for, and games against one another still? I found that far from over before tonight’s game, admittedly now it’s not happening but before tonight’s game it was all to play for hence why I find it pretty unbelievable City fans wanting a Derby win.

If you think we had a chance of reaching the play offs after the performances over the past weeks and months you must have been watching a different team to me.

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

Interesting angle. I would completely agree with respect to the cup games against Prem teams. We definitely played better when the pundits\experts\bookies didn't fancy us.

Not sure we want this for the future though. We'll never play Champions League if we have to stay underdogs for a full season to qualify :whistle:

Leicester did it..!

Archived