IGNORED

Jack Rodwell...

BS4 on Tour...

Anyone else picked up on this story today?! Apparently Rodwell hasn’t played for Sunderland since September 2017 - he’s on £73k a week but no-one at the club seems to know where he is! Manager Chris Coleman confirmed this in an interview today...

So, basically he’s been paid £2.3 million since he ‘disappeared’ - didn’t they suspect something when he didn’t turn up for training? Surely he’s breached his contract?! Good grief....no wonder ‘Sunlan’ are going down....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone else picked up on this story today?! Apparently Rodwell hasn’t played for Sunderland since September 2017 - he’s on £73k a week but no-one at the club seems to know where he is! Manager Chris Coleman confirmed this in an interview today...

So, basically he’s been paid £2.3 million since he ‘disappeared’ - didn’t they suspect something when he didn’t turn up for training? Surely he’s breached his contract?! Good grief....no wonder ‘Sunlan’ are going down....

I'm sure they'd find him if they stopped paying him. 

Pretty sure he meant he doesn’t know where Roswell is mentally, he’s been training with their u 23’s.

Ridiculous situation to be in for Sunderland, bet they can’t wait for the hoardes of the ‘loyal and true’ next season.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't he sent to  train with the kids? Trying to force him out probably,
tbf if you were on that money you'd hardly be in a rush to take a pay cut.

I don’t blame Rodwell at all, he and Sunderland were both happy with the contract on offer and he duly signed it, if won’t get an offer anywhere near what he’s currently on, so he’s well within his rights to see out the final year of his deal, he doesn’t owe Sunderland any favours.

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure he meant he doesn’t know where Roswell is mentally, he’s been training with their u 23’s.

Ridiculous situation to be in for Sunderland, bet they can’t wait for the hoardes of the ‘loyal and true’ next season.

I reckon he’s in New Mexico?  More chance of seeing an alien to Rodwell in a Sunderland shirt again.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I don’t blame Rodwell at all, he and Sunderland were both happy with the contract on offer and he duly signed it, if won’t get an offer anywhere near what he’s currently on, so he’s well within his rights to see out the final year of his deal, he doesn’t owe Sunderland any favours.

It has to be this. If he's working his socks off and turning up for work then it's a non-story. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon he’s in New Mexico?  More chance of seeing an alien to Rodwell in a Sunderland shirt again.

Strange though, Sun'land were shit all year. They have a decent player they are paying good money, surely he should have got a game or 2. Unless he just wasn't trying in which case I'd have no respect for the player. Back to where I started, club trying to force him out. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Strange though, Sun'land were shit all year. They have a decent player they are paying good money, surely he should have got a game or 2. Unless he just wasn't trying in which case I'd have no respect for the player. Back to where I started, club trying to force him out. 

His game time per £ is almost as bad as Diony. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It has to be this. If he's working his socks off and turning up for work then it's a non-story. 

Unless , as I say , they want him off the wage bill and were trying to get him to leave. If he was straining at the leash to play they could still want rid at £70k a week.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Unsure if he’s working his socks off as such as he’d probably be playing week in week out as when fit he’s a very good player, had absolute shite luck with injuries though.

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Unsure if he’s working his socks off as such as he’d probably be playing week in week out as when fit he’s a very good player, had absolute shite luck with injuries though.

Sounds like Sunderland were asleep at the wheel. No relegation clause and, if injury was the issue, presumably they might have covered such an eventuality with insurance? 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sounds like Sunderland were asleep at the wheel. No relegation clause and, if injury was the issue, presumably they might have covered such an eventuality with insurance? 

Damn right they were and only have themselves to blame imo, they were fully aware of his previous injuries (2 really bad knee injuries atleast) that was before he even signed for them, they took a huge gamble and it hasn’t paid off.

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Or unless on top of his wages he has an appearance fee.

Just now, Chappers said:

I did read that it was also to do with win bonuses. Seriously!!!!

I read somewhere that Sunderland have only ever won one game in which Rodwell has started/played, so not much chance of a win bonus if that’s the case!

I have a feeling Sunderland will go down again. 

They are going to lose a lot of the players they’ve had over the last 2/3 years and they will be relying on youngsters, same as this season. If they are able to do what we done and sign the best players in that league they will be fine, my worry is that the financial constraints put on them by the owner won’t allow this happen. 

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

They are going to lose a lot of the players they’ve had over the last 2/3 years and they will be relying on youngsters, same as this season. If they are able to do what we done and sign the best players in that league they will be fine, my worry is that the financial constraints put on them by the owner won’t allow this happen. 

We would welcome them with open arms into the illustrious Triple Club.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

They'll  be the next Portsmouth.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Jack rodwell is everything that is wrong with football. Give players to much to soon and this is what happens.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Apparently it goes down to 'only' 38k a week odd next season...

I read yesterday that there is no relegation clause in his contract and he will still be on his £70,000 for the last twelve months of his contract next season, only people to blame for this mess is the football club and not the player

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Jack rodwell is everything that is wrong with football. Give players to much to soon and this is what happens.

Absolutely.

There is quite clearly a mental health issue here with him. Obviously I have to be careful what I say, as have Sunderland with the whole issue around him. Too many conflicting stories from the club, him, fans and media.

I honestly believe that he believed his own hype so much, that his constant injuries and lack of ability to reach the level expected of him has taken control of his life and he's suffering from deep depression.

Course, you'll read that and go "how can you be depressed on £70k a week" - which is true, but all the money in the world would not stop some people from not being able to get by in life - the mind can be a dangerous weapon.

He is the most hated man in Sunderland so he can't go anywhere without a barrage of abuse, he claims he's the fittest he's ever been (January Daily Mail interview), yet the Manager claims he does not want to pay for the club and he's not fit anyway.

He also said in the Daily mail article that he hopes to make the England squad again one day - delusional springs to mind there. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5280715/Sunderland-outcast-Jack-Rodwell-insists-hes-not-blame.html

He claims he is desperate to play and wants away from Sunderland, but when Sunderland offered to tear up his contract, he said no. Of course he'd say no, no other club anywhere in the world will pay anything like that salary for him and the baggage he carries. So he stays with the U-23's. So he can't be that bothered about wanting to leave or play elsewhere.

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah well as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted, I suspect his career is over I suspect nobody will touch him 27 years old what a waste.

Archived