IGNORED

Jack Rodwell...

BS4 on Tour...

32 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ah well as the saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted, I suspect his career is over I suspect nobody will touch him 27 years old what a waste.

I suspect there are still gullible owners who think they can get the best out of him and could make a few bob out of the deal either way .

Hello China .

:sub:

• Admin
12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone else picked up on this story today?! Apparently Rodwell hasn’t played for Sunderland since September 2017 - he’s on £73k a week but no-one at the club seems to know where he is! Manager Chris Coleman confirmed this in an interview today...

So, basically he’s been paid £2.3 million since he ‘disappeared’ - didn’t they suspect something when he didn’t turn up for training? Surely he’s breached his contract?! Good grief....no wonder ‘Sunlan’ are going down....

@BS4 on Tour... I'm afraid this is a massive WHOOSH for you.

You have got the wrong end of the stick - In the interview Coleman said he didn't know where Rodwell was MENTALLY not literally 

image.png

4 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I have a feeling Sunderland will go down again. 

They are going to lose a lot of the players they’ve had over the last 2/3 years and they will be relying on youngsters, same as this season. If they are able to do what we done and sign the best players in that league they will be fine, my worry is that the financial constraints put on them by the owner won’t allow this happen. 

Why worry about them?!

run foolishly for a decade spending non existent money. Hope they go down again! They’ll be not far off local derbies with Darlington!

45 minutes ago, Dickie Rookes Peak said:

If I remember correctly City treated Clive Whithead like this during the descent to the fourth division because he was employed on a contract that the club decided they didn’t like.

He had a ten year contract on First Division wages . 

With decisions like that we can understand why the club went bust .

3 hours ago, The Batman said:

Absolutely.

There is quite clearly a mental health issue here with him. Obviously I have to be careful what I say, as have Sunderland with the whole issue around him. Too many conflicting stories from the club, him, fans and media.

I honestly believe that he believed his own hype so much, that his constant injuries and lack of ability to reach the level expected of him has taken control of his life and he's suffering from deep depression.

Course, you'll read that and go "how can you be depressed on £70k a week" - which is true, but all the money in the world would not stop some people from not being able to get by in life - the mind can be a dangerous weapon.

He is the most hated man in Sunderland so he can't go anywhere without a barrage of abuse, he claims he's the fittest he's ever been (January Daily Mail interview), yet the Manager claims he does not want to pay for the club and he's not fit anyway.

He also said in the Daily mail article that he hopes to make the England squad again one day - delusional springs to mind there. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5280715/Sunderland-outcast-Jack-Rodwell-insists-hes-not-blame.html

He claims he is desperate to play and wants away from Sunderland, but when Sunderland offered to tear up his contract, he said no. Of course he'd say no, no other club anywhere in the world will pay anything like that salary for him and the baggage he carries. So he stays with the U-23's. So he can't be that bothered about wanting to leave or play elsewhere.

Who the hell would rip a contract up worth 70,000 a week?

50 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Rather a poignant picture of two promising England stars who would have been World beaters save for injury.

Rodwell still has ambitions of returning to the England fold but that seems a long way off

+19
  •  

Sorry but they were typical of too many young players.  Looked good on match of the day once and so get hyped as the next (INSERT NAME OF GREAT FOOTBALLER) .  It is so much better for players to come through at sides in League 1 and the Championship.  Or at least spend proper time on loan, learning that they have to earn it.  

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Who the hell would rip a contract up worth 70,000 a week?

Exactly, but if he was as desperate to play as he says he was he'd take the hit.

If he's been on £70k a week since he singed four years ago, he'd have taken just over £14.5 million in salary alone (not including bonus, sponsorship etc)

I doubt he's hitting his overdraft on a constant basis and struggling to provide for his family.

There is something very odd around the finances at Sunderland.

Apparently they are £250m in debt, how did that happen to a club that were in the PL for a number of years , getting 47k fans through the door every second week, alongside the TV money.

Yes, they pay big wages, and I have seen it reported that they pay a little over the odds in wages because of their geographic location, nonetheless they have never gone mad on transfer fees.

It all sounds odd - lots of clubs in the PL don't get those sort of crowds and all of the other match day income that they bring yet they are not in for £250m.

11 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Exactly, but if he was as desperate to play as he says he was he'd take the hit.

If he's been on £70k a week since he singed four years ago, he'd have taken just over £14.5 million in salary alone (not including bonus, sponsorship etc)

I doubt he's hitting his overdraft on a constant basis and struggling to provide for his family.

And I would suggest that his career is not far from being over but he will have the rest of his life having to try to supply for his family, it’s a nice thought that he would do the “moral” thing but who would if they were in his position?

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry but they were typical of too many young players.  Looked good on match of the day once and so get hyped as the next (INSERT NAME OF GREAT FOOTBALLER) .  It is so much better for players to come through at sides in League 1 and the Championship.  Or at least spend proper time on loan, learning that they have to earn it.  

Oh, I agree entirely.

I just wanted to say that two young players, both of whom promised so much, have fallen by the wayside - I acknowledge that AC continues to play to a high (Premier League) standard, but he is a shadow of his former (Newcastle) self.

One might argue that both have succombed to injury, through no fault of their own, but an obvious blight for a top class sportsman, and this is what I consider the poignant aspect of the photo - two stars about to embark on an adventure with a sad finish. 

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

And I would suggest that his career is not far from being over but he will have the rest of his life having to try to supply for his family, it’s a nice thought that he would do the “moral” thing but who would if they were in his position?

Oh yeah, nobody will touch him once he goes and I think he's realised that himself.

Even if another club does take a chance on him, it'll probably be on a pay as you play basis on next to nothing. Think of the hospital bills that come with him.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

@BS4 on Tour... I'm afraid this is a massive WHOOSH for you.

You have got the wrong end of the stick - In the interview Coleman said he didn't know where Rodwell was MENTALLY not literally 

image.png

Fair enough, but the media was reporting all day yesterday that Sunderland didn’t know where he actually was physically...Talksport were even asking people to keep a look out for him and text in If anyone saw him....so I was just following the media stories...which have now obviously changed since Coleman’s clarification of the situation...they were ‘whooshed’ rather than me I think..

9 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

I'm just waiting for Tinman85 to say we should sign him up......

Honestly, I'd consider it if:

• He passes a rigorous medical
  • He'd accept a standard wage from us for two years.
  • We get him on a free
  • The option to terminate for cheap is available in the first year.

At 27, with a ton of Premier League experience, you'd hope that he'd be able to manage a season in the Championship. The right change of scenery might do him a world of good, and if a team with "serious ambitions" to play in the Premier League comes calling it could be enough of an incentive for him to work his ass off and get back to a league where he probably feels he has unfinished business.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

For all the good and bad things that this season has served up at least we have not got players in this situation,that won’t play or are on huge wages. A lot of pages of complaining on this forum but it could be a lot lot worse.....

Of course we don't, we are not benefiting from all of the TV millions so there is no way that we could pay players £70k per week.

Odd post........

4 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Honestly, I'd consider it if:

• He passes a rigorous medical
  • He'd accept a standard wage from us for two years.
  • We get him on a free
  • The option to terminate for cheap is available in the first year.

At 27, with a ton of Premier League experience, you'd hope that he'd be able to manage a season in the Championship. The right change of scenery might do him a world of good, and if a team with "serious ambitions" to play in the Premier League comes calling it could be enough of an incentive for him to work his ass off and get back to a league where he probably feels he has unfinished business.

Not sure I’d even say he’s got a ton of prem experience. He’s only started 51 games in 6 seasons. And only 102 in his career. I’d say he’s not experienced but a relative novice - he’s literally got the same appearances as 22 year old Josh Brownhill and not many more than 17 year old Sessegnon. 

Anyway, the bloke is clearly a *******. Waste of talent. 

22 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I don’t blame Rodwell at all, he and Sunderland were both happy with the contract on offer and he duly signed it, if won’t get an offer anywhere near what he’s currently on, so he’s well within his rights to see out the final year of his deal, he doesn’t owe Sunderland any favours.

Hhmmm doesn’t say much about him as a person or someone privileged enough to play prem football...especially given no more than 3 years ago he was lauded as one of England’s brightest prospects

Sometimes, footballers either fall out of love with the game or were never in love with it. In all our jobs, we’re probably good at it but ultimately it’s not our main passion just a means to an end. I’m thinking here Bogarde at Chelsea, Assou-Ekotu at Spurs etc.

Rodwells been in the system since a young age. He may be intelligent, he may be not, but it’s all he knows. And he knows his next contract is not touching what he gets now no matter what he does - with seeing it out setting him up for life.

So, with a fair chance he’s never getting paid what he is again, and even if he plays for 5 years not making enough over that period to get near net earnings from one more year with Sunderland even if he hasn’t fallen out of love with the game (which I suspect is part of the issue - too much too young), from a purely human point of view I say it’s the Mackems fault, and not his.

10 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Hhmmm doesn’t say much about him as a person or someone privileged enough to play prem football...especially given no more than 3 years ago he was lauded as one of England’s brightest prospects

Can see your point but both were sides were happy when the contract was signed, he has every right to see it out, he’s been hugely unfortunate with serious injuries and probably knows he hasn’t got much longer left in the game, so is making the most of it and why shouldn’t he.

There’s clearly something dodgy going on here, and I put it on the players side. If he wanted to play so badly, he’d have got himself a loan in jan, and I suspect Sunderland would’ve picked up most of his wages just to get him out for a couple of months. So I suspect here this is all down to his attitude, of which would’ve travelled far and wide to other clubs by now. Sometimes in life you gotta make tough decisions and be truthful with yourself and make big changes for the sake of your own happiness and mental well being, that’s when money comes second to everything else. Ain’t as though he’s living off food bank handouts from this day to the next.

8 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

There’s clearly something dodgy going on here, and I put it on the players side. If he wanted to play so badly, he’d have got himself a loan in jan, and I suspect Sunderland would’ve picked up most of his wages just to get him out for a couple of months. So I suspect here this is all down to his attitude, of which would’ve travelled far and wide to other clubs by now. Sometimes in life you gotta make tough decisions and be truthful with yourself and make big changes for the sake of your own happiness and mental well being, that’s when money comes second to everything else. Ain’t as though he’s living off food bank handouts from this day to the next.

Tbf to him he’s in a career that doesn’t last very long, and I’m 90% sure his will be cut short, whatever the situation is there, he’s only looking after no1, he signed a legally binding contract and is well within his rights to see it out whatever his ambitions are.

23 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

There is something very odd around the finances at Sunderland.

Apparently they are £250m in debt, how did that happen to a club that were in the PL for a number of years , getting 47k fans through the door every second week, alongside the TV money.

Yes, they pay big wages, and I have seen it reported that they pay a little over the odds in wages because of their geographic location, nonetheless they have never gone mad on transfer fees.

It all sounds odd - lots of clubs in the PL don't get those sort of crowds and all of the other match day income that they bring yet they are not in for £250m.

it doesn't account for all of it, but how many managers are the paying off at the mo?

Archived