IGNORED

Roma vs Liverpool

ZiderEyed

I don't want to pour cold water on Liverpool as they are terrific to watch and I do hope they win the final- but Real Madrid overall, cold light of day have better individuals in a lot of areas.

Experience, pedigree... or even just the track record of winning of big tournaments. On paper, surely Real?

10 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well there does always seem to be trouble at most Liverpool home games, just ask Man City, as historically there always was even back in the day when BBC motd and Kenneth Wolstenholme thought that they were fair good humoured scalliies, I can't remember ever seeing a lot of that when they were in town.

They were a f*****g nightmare at the cup game down here in '74

On 02/05/2018 at 22:53, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't want to pour cold water on Liverpool as they are terrific to watch and I do hope they win the final- but Real Madrid overall, cold light of day have better individuals in a lot of areas.

Experience, pedigree... or even just the track record of winning of big tournaments. On paper, surely Real?

But have you watched Real this season much?

I fully expect Liverpool to win in a high-scoring final.

13 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

But have you watched Real this season much?

I fully expect Liverpool to win in a high-scoring final.

I make Liverpool favourites on form yes- high scoring too, quite agree.

Still- Real's path to the final hasn't exactly been easy, in terms of opposition- they seem to turn it on, or at minimum find a way to win in CL.

I think if Real go in with a 4-4-2 that would be pretty stupid and deservedly ripped by Liverpool. They play 4-3-3 though? Different ball game and the game dynamics change.

Navas

Carvajal Ramos Varane Marcelo

Casemiro Modric Kroos

Isco

Ronaldo                       Bale/Vazquez/Asensio

To me that would be their best formation, their best approach v Liverpool- subject to injury etc. Carvajal injured v Bayern, Isco unavailable and Casemiro benched for some reason- that formation would give Liverpool a lot of issues because the midfield 3 is excellent, Isco can move forward, back and between the lines and obviously Ronaldo and the wingers high with Isco in that role between the midfield 3 and them means no central focal point to mark- strikerless formation taken to another level. The reason I give the selection of wingers is because the one whose defensive contribution is best would in some ways make most tactical sense- but OTOH so might the one of those 3 who can move between the lines the best.

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

Will be supporting Real all the way in the final. Cannot stand Liverpool football club!

I have to admit I wouldn't be supporting United or Rovers  if they were in it. It is strange though i'm sure in the 80's when I first started following football there was so many people that wanted all the English teams to do well in Europe. Have the rivalries just got so much bigger?

49 minutes ago, Super said:

I have to admit I wouldn't be supporting United or Rovers  if they were in it. It is strange though i'm sure in the 80's when I first started following football there was so many people that wanted all the English teams to do well in Europe. Have the rivalries just got so much bigger?

Interesting point about Rovers. I’ve always subscribed to the theory that you support English teams in Europe, I’d never even considered the possibility of Rovers being that team (for obvious reasons)!

I think Rovers and Cardiff are the only clubs I wouldn’t back in Europe.

Wouldn’t back Rovers, Cardiff or Swindon. Anyone else I could just about get behind. 

Re the semi in Rome. Salah was invisible. Henderson awful. Alexander-Arnold looked like it was his first ever match, Lovren was terrible and the keeper had multiple mistakes in him. 

If they play anything like that v Madrid, they’ll get hammered. 

1 hour ago, Enter Sandman said:

Wouldn’t back Rovers, Cardiff or Swindon. Anyone else I could just about get behind. 

Re the semi in Rome. Salah was invisible. Henderson awful. Alexander-Arnold looked like it was his first ever match, Lovren was terrible and the keeper had multiple mistakes in him. 

If they play anything like that v Madrid, they’ll get hammered. 

Of course, Swindon. Couldn't back them either.

Archived