IGNORED

Transfer window

MC RISK77

So this opens in 12 days time unbelievably...not sure how things will pan out this year because often In a World Cup year the market does not get moving until it finishes.

i am really hoping the club has a decisive plan this summer.

immediate issues seem to be the position of current players and In particular Bobby Reid and if they can convince him to sign a new deal.

still at least the f5 button will start to get worn out soon when the rumours start circulating.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So this opens in 12 days time unbelievably...not sure how things will pan out this year because often In a World Cup year the market does not get moving until it finishes.

immediate issues seem to be the position of current players and In particular Bobby Reid and if they can convince him to sign a new deal.

still at least the f5 button will start to get worn out soon when the rumours start circulating.

There's the first excuse ready

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Think this summer will be an exception.  Deals concluded very quickly with WC coming up, and the transfer window ending earlier than normal.

It's going to be a very difficult window for a lot of clubs, can imagine a lot of foreign clubs will try and take advantage of our window closing early. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking at it pessimistically; guess we will find out how well LJ and MA have planned in advance like they mention! 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think this summer will be an exception.  Deals concluded very quickly with WC coming up, and the transfer window ending earlier than normal.

Not sure mate market normally starts getting dictated by prem clubs movement, and with the vast majority of their players or targets participating in the tournament will anyone make major moves until they know players are back safe from injury.

gonna be a strange one I think. 

However having said that it seems our sights are aimed at good value in the lower leagues or 2nd tier European market so will see.

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not sure mate market normally starts getting dictated by prem clubs movement, and with the vast majority of their players or targets participating in the tournament will anyone make major moves until they know players are back safe from injury.

gonna be a strange one I think. 

However having said that it seems our sights are aimed at good value in the lower leagues or 2nd tier European market so will see.

Agree re Prem, but I think we’ll be getting any outgoings concluded ASAP to give us as much time to recruit.

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Why?

With a lot of clubs likely circling our high performers chances are we will lose two or three key players and any English club will need to pay extortionate prices for players as our window shuts early - foreign clubs especially will drive a hard bargain and are likely come in for players from English leagues late in the window (meaning a lot of Prem clubs may not even have the settled squad the early closing of the window is aiming to give). For these reasons we need to get 7 figure fees for Bryan and Reid imo, even then some of the transfers we've made have been questionable and I understand why some fans doubt our ability to replace players. 

We won't necessarily crash and burn but it'll be a tough 

5 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

With a lot of clubs likely circling our high performers chances are we will lose two or three key players and any English club will need to pay extortionate prices for players as our window shuts early - foreign clubs especially will drive a hard bargain and are likely come in for players from English leagues late in the window (meaning a lot of Prem clubs may not even have the settled squad the early closing of the window is aiming to give). For these reasons we need to get 7 figure fees for Bryan and Reid imo, even then some of the transfers we've made have been questionable and I understand why some fans doubt our ability to replace players. 

We won't necessarily crash and burn but it'll be a tough 

Do you mean 8 figure fees?

Archived