IGNORED

SL more motivated towards Bristol Bears than BCFC?

cityironman

I have had that thought recently but his pre-match interview on Radio Brizzle changed my mind.

Very honest I thought, seemed genuinely disappointed that we had not capitalised on such a great start, I expected a lot of "well it's been a great progress season" comments which he did say but there was IMO more than a touch of annoyance.

Mentioned the January window which we did not get right, the Norwich game which we needed to win after the Man City defeat to kickstart the rest of the season, seemed to indicate in hindsight that a Grabbon type player may have made a difference but that was clearly not his brief to find.  Some good questions from Twentypence including our pay structure but the message was clear; wants a better position than where we finished today by far.  Mentioned meeting the Man City directors and how we need to be part of that level of the game.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Doesn't he normally do it at half time?

I don't blame him for not coming out

Prob had a dressing room visit instead like; "what the foxs hat" "do you want paying or not" "wake the duck up" :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

I have had that thought recently but his pre-match interview on Radio Brizzle changed my mind.

Very honest I thought, seemed genuinely disappointed that we had not capitalised on such a great start, I expected a lot of "well it's been a great progress season" comments which he did say but there was IMO more than a touch of annoyance.

Mentioned the January window which we did not get right, the Norwich game which we needed to win after the Man City defeat to kickstart the rest of the season, seemed to indicate in hindsight that a Grabbon type player may have made a difference but that was clearly not his brief to find.  Some good questions from Twentypence including our pay structure but the message was clear; wants a better position than where we finished today by far.  Mentioned meeting the Man City directors and how we need to be part of that level of the game.

Didn’t hear the interview, but if that’s his response about January window, it’s a concern. The club appears not to have learnt from the play off final year, when again we didn’t strengthen in January 

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

Thought very much crossed my mind today, particularly as he didn't address the fans.  Assume he was at the match today?

He addressed the fans after the game on stage before the ska band came on for those that didn't stay...

The fact is, rugby would cost somewhat less to achieve- that's basically a given.

However...There are really quite different financial rules in the 2 sports.

Rugby? Salary cap. Much simpler financially.

Football? FFP- I believe the Football League will be enforcing it correctly too which will tighten things up markedly.

Not a fair comparison really, is it?

Looking at the transcript SL says something about GoN returning later than expected. Well, according to GoNs tweet he was fit for 9 weeks before being selected! Does anyone really know what’s going on at our Club?

Worrying times, we have a scouting system still not fit for purpose, a CEO who makes such demotivating statements mid season that  team performance levels collapse, a manager who has been given all he wants, within reason, and still makes basic selection and tactical errors and a bloated squad lacking leaders, consistency and Championship quality - with those of any quality likely to depart in the next couple of months leaving us with the dross that no one else wants.

Aside from that everything is fine. 

Massive Summer Mr Ashton, absolutely massive. No more of the throw away  ‘ones for the future’ or ‘inexperienced, young and learning’ excuses, no more woeful transfer windows. 

We’ve gone soft, a cosy little Club, that brushes repeat failures and weaknesses under the carpet. Someone needs to shake us out of this lethargy. It’s the real world. Those with less have achieved far more. Look to the acheivers rather than failures and stop palming us off with being a little fish in a big pond. 

The first thing we need is a fundamental culture change and set the right DNA. I know that Warnock or Cotts don’t fit with the Cosy Club ethos but that sort of leadership we need somewhere in the top echelons of the establishment. 

We’ve heard enough of the excuses and corporate speak, now’s the time to go out and deliver. 

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Looking at the transcript SL says something about GoN returning later than expected. Well, according to GoNs tweet he was fit for 9 weeks before being selected! Does anyone really know what’s going on at our Club?

Worrying times, we have a scouting system still not fit for purpose, a CEO who makes such demotivating statements mid season that  team performance levels collapse, a manager who has been given all he wants, within reason, and still makes basic selection and tactical errors and a bloated squad lacking leaders, consistency and Championship quality - with those of any quality likely to depart in the next couple of months leaving us with the dross that no one else wants.

Aside from that everything is fine. 

Massive Summer Mr Ashton, absolutely massive. No more of the throw away  ‘ones for the future’ or ‘inexperienced, young and learning’ excuses, no more woeful transfer windows. 

We’ve gone soft, a cosy little Club, that brushes repeat failures and weaknesses under the carpet. Someone needs to shake us out of this lethargy. It’s the real world. Those with less have achieved far more. Look to the acheivers rather than failures and stop palming us off with being a little fish in a big pond. 

The first thing we need is a fundamental culture change and set the right DNA. I know that Warnock or Cotts don’t fit with the Cosy Club ethos but that sort of leadership we need somewhere in the top echelons of the establishment. 

We’ve heard enough of the excuses and corporate speak, now’s the time to go out and deliver. 

Condensed version

We're ******

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

I see this spouted all the time - never seen any evidence that actually backs up the statement however!

It's utter nonsense mate.

SL's absolute priority is BCFC. He only got involved in the rugby due to the situation they found themselves in.

The amount he spends on the rugby is a pittance compared to what he spends on us.

I will level a lot of criticisms at SL but this is not one of them 

4 hours ago, cityironman said:

As the title suggests is Steve L more interested in trying to push the new Bristol rugby franchise to the very top, as he has stated, than getting us to the promised land? Certainly costs a lot less money to achieve!! 

No

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He could have had a game

Probaly would have improved us

I was looking over from the Dolman toward the end of the first half - I saw Marina and thought 'did you bring your boots?'.

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He knows he has to spend money to achieve success. With the rugby it’s signifucsntly less do he can do it.

He just doesn’t do it with the football 

FFP isn't a thing then?

I'm awaiting the great workarounds-it's pretty watertight now, or will be if enforced correctly- go on. Workaround?

Steve Lansdown is a businessman with a reputation on a global scale. Would you concentrate your efforts on a) a club you own in the 5th most watched league in Europe that is highly desireable to a whole host of eastern/middle eastern investors or b) a rugby club no-one outside of the UK has heard of.

The bloke ain't stupid

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

I see this spouted all the time - never seen any evidence that actually backs up the statement however!

Pat Lam one of the highest paid coaches in the country, All Black player coming in reputed to be the first million pound a year player, Sale coach accusing Bristol of potentially ruining the sport with our spending.........are you sure!!

Archived