IGNORED

What is the minimum fee we would accept for Bobby

barneyrubble

Hogan was £9m similar age and one good season at this level as @Carey 6 said.

However the advantage Reid has is a fantastic engine and passing to his game. As someone else said, best combined goals and assists in the league.

£10m with a cheeky sell on % would be about right, or £8m with another £2m after 40 appearances etc.

I think the markets moved on even since the Hogan move (Madine for £6m? Hugill for £9m). If we work on the basis that Bobbys on less than average wages for a champ 20 goal man - say £10k per week, then by selling him we get the fee less 10% as he hasn’t asked for the move, and save c£500k in wages.

A replacement will cost money and wages - say £20k per week minimum if it’s a decent sized signing. So from going to saving wages, we’re £.5m down on wages. If Reid is sold for £6m that funds a replacement at £5m + wages who may or may not come off and may or may not have resale value.

If Reid’s sold for £9m, similar maths and the signing is £8m (coincidentally a Diony...).

A £5m signing in today’s market is a punt - for all that Fams been good, he was a risk. So for me, if we work on the basis we have to replace him with quality, it has to be north of £10m. Or I’d take the chance and go for the top 6 with BR up front and filling the other gaps with the risk of him walking at season end.

On 12/05/2018 at 10:02, stiler said:

Unproven striker in reality as only one season, so 5 mill would represent good business with a sell on clause 

Unproven? 20 goals this season at Championship level and central to the way we play.

Imo Bobby's spent this year proving himself. Any less than £8m would be a travesty. We've got to go and buy a replacement with these funds.

If another club buys now, they are desperate for Bobby, so will pay over the odds. :clapping:

If City are desperate to sell and it's nearing the end of the transfer window, we'll drop our price.:grr:

I agree that we will probably be lucky to get £7m, because he clearly won't sign an extension, won't have been happy he's made to play in multiple positions in a single game (so not valued) and we cannot afford to lose £7M over the next 12 months.

Its just makes me so mad when you see what we spent on Eliasson, Taylor Moore and Engval who I firmly believe will never have anything like as successful a season as Bobby.

Our problem is not getting good deals selling - it's making absolutely shocking deals when buying.

36 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I agree that we will probably be lucky to get £7m, because he clearly won't sign an extension, won't have been happy he's made to play in multiple positions in a single game (so not valued) and we cannot afford to lose £7M over the next 12 months.

Its just makes me so mad when you see what we spent on Eliasson, Taylor Moore and Engval who I firmly believe will never have anything like as successful a season as Bobby.

Our problem is not getting good deals selling - it's making absolutely shocking deals when buying.

As part of a team by team review of the season by selected supporters (usually those who run club forums and/or blogs) on the Guardian website last week the Bournemouth guy said the persistent rumour at their end was Bobby for £12m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/12/premier-league-2017-18-fans-verdicts-arsenal-liverpool

I'm finding it really hard to see how you can justify £10m for Bobby Reid.

He's a talented player, but he's only got a year left on his contract, and as a club we need to act fast. He either needs to sign a new deal or be sold. He's 25, so not old, but definitely no youngster. In terms of moving on upwards, he's got two big transfers ahead of him so now would be a good time for him to move.

I think a lot of it is down to whether the club can make a proper go of it next season, and whether they can convince him of their ambitions. If they can I can see him staying, but if not I think it's time to sell up, and I reckon £6-8m is the most we'd get for him in his last year.

6 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I'm finding it really hard to see how you can justify £10m for Bobby Reid.

He's a talented player, but he's only got a year left on his contract, and as a club we need to act fast. He either needs to sign a new deal or be sold. He's 25, so not old, but definitely no youngster. In terms of moving on upwards, he's got two big transfers ahead of him so now would be a good time for him to move.

I think a lot of it is down to whether the club can make a proper go of it next season, and whether they can convince him of their ambitions. If they can I can see him staying, but if not I think it's time to sell up, and I reckon £6-8m is the most we'd get for him in his last year.

Once they get into the final year they tend to go for a lot less. 6M is about right.

23 minutes ago, Super said:

Once they get into the final year they tend to go for a lot less. 6M is about right.

Will depend on how many clubs want him. One club and £6m about right. 2 or more and £10+ easily. 

I reckon a fair value is 6-7 million, rising to 9 with incentives, and a good sell on clause. I would take this for Bobby and the same for Joe. I would also try to use the current squad and youngsters to fill the voids rather than buying replacements.

I am personally surprised the valuations of Bobby Reid are so high.

He hasn't signed a new deal and can leave for nothing in 12 months.

He's had one good season, and is 25, if he was doing this at 21/22 I may understand it more.

I could personally see the club selling for £5m with add ons, to save face of him leaving on a free.

I personally hope the club sit down and iron out a new contract with me which includes a release fee of say 10-12m, and states should a Premier League club make a suitable offer then we would give him permission to talk, even if it was only a 2 year extension.

Unless we can get him to sign a new deal, I can't see how the club which is run as a business can afford to have him here in September, when come January we would struggle to get 1-2m with him soon to be out of contract. All things considered I think £5m with add ons and a sell on fee, would be good business to sell.

Really the club if they were so confident he would make the transition he has as a striker, should have had him sign a new deal before he even kicked a ball as a striker last season. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will depend on how many clubs want him. One club and £6m about right. 2 or more and £10+ easily. 

Not a chance, not for a player in their last year with one good season at one club behind them.

Besides, if teams were in for him they would've probably already made their move, given that it's World Cup season and clubs will be delaying their transfer activity.

9 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Not a chance, not for a player in their last year with one good season at one club behind them.

Besides, if teams were in for him they would've probably already made their move, given that it's World Cup season and clubs will be delaying their transfer activity.

I think we’ll get £8-10m (perhaps with a little add on here or there), and I think once LJ submits his plans to SL tomorrow, we’ll start to see movement and by the end of May BR and JB will no longer be City players, or 99% gone, just formalities to be done.

Archived