IGNORED

Time travel

22A

When Dr  Who was first broadcast, he made a point of telling his companions they could travel through time, but were not allowed to interfere with history.

OK, if time travel became possible and you decided to forego such scruples what would you do?

Four things off the top of my head.

1; May 1988 having lost the first leg of the P/O final 3-1, City were winning the return leg 2-0 and in the dying moments a potentially match winning City shot went just wide of the Walsall goal. I'd try and divert that ball.

2; Just under a year later at home to Forest in the League Cup semi final 2nd leg with the aggregate scores level and in the dying moments a potentially match winning City shot went just wide of the Walsall Forest goal. I'd try and divert that ball.

3; I'd go forward to 2019, return to the current time and place a large bet on the winners of next year's play off final.

4; Finally and just to be mischievious, I'd go back to the creation of those very first Neanderthal cave paintings and alongside the stick men and animals, I'd daub E=MC2 and draw a mushroom cloud. That would really confuse future historians.

I'd go back in time, firstly to last Friday morning and rember the euromillions numbers....then I go back to Agua Sulis AD 05, then back to Elizabethan times to find out where Shakespeare went during his missing years.....then back to Arrass in 1916......so many historical events I'd love to go back to learn about.

"...If time travel became possible..."

Hmm, there's an obvious problem with that tense - one that all but eliminates the logic. It implies that it will happen - but in the context of time travel, what will happen has already happened, if you see what I mean. :blink:

And looking at time in a linear fashion will inevitably cause conflicts (like going back in time and killing your grandparents or such). It's at this sort of head-stretching that old Einstein would have had a lie down for a while.

Mind you, I would like to have had a time machine so that I could have spent less time queueing for tickets a few years ago - the line stretched out into Winterstoke Road...:grr:

Archived