IGNORED

Championship play off final

E.G.Red

22 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Three simple questions

1. Who would you like to win?

2. Which away game would you miss ?

3. Which club needs to win ? (According to Danny Murphy on Talksport this morning, from a financial perspective Villa MUST win )

Really don't care......still angry about us messing up from being second.

If we'd had a decent manager at the helm we would be playing in this final or been up already.

1) Villa (want to get rid of them and keep Fulham down from a purely selfish point of view, see point 2.)

2) Fulham, one of the best away days, will miss them if promoted.

3) Fulham, I think if they aren’t promoted their team will break up in a way that Villa’s wouldn’t, with Villla having parachute payments still. 

Villa

Fulham

Fulham - This was the last season of Fulham's parachute payments (they got £16.5m), Villa (got £34m along with Norwich). Next season Villa and Norwich get their final parachute payments of £15m. So Villa stand to lose 19m and Fulham 16m, BUT Villa's general income from gate receipts etc must be a lot higher than Fulham's and they have that final £15m payment to come. So for me I expect Fulham to have to sell their top players and still be financially strapped next season if they don't win. Villa will probably go shit or bust if they don't win. 

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Villa

Fulham

Fulham - This was the last season of Fulham's parachute payments (they got £16.5m), Villa (got £34m along with Norwich). Next season Villa and Norwich get their final parachute payments of £15m. So Villa stand to lose 19m and Fulham 16m, BUT Villa's general income from gate receipts etc must be a lot higher than Fulham's and they have that final £15m payment to come. So for me I expect Fulham to have to sell their top players and still be financially strapped next season if they don't win. Villa will probably go shit or bust if they don't win. 

Can`t see Bruce sticking around if they don`t go up either, he`ll have better offers I think.

Once again fans are not considered by the authorities. Today's kick off is 5.15pm. Therefore the earliest the game will finish is 7.00pm.

Dye to engineering work, anyone wishing to travel from London to Birmingham by train is instructed the leave Euston by 7.00pm at the latest! :grr:

OK, when the engineering work was planned, it was pot luck who would be playing at Wembley, but why can we not have a 3.00pm kick off for these finals?

Earlier in this thread, someone posted that if Villa win, Fulham will have to sell some of their best players as they can't afford the wages.

If that is true, then Fulham will be weaker next season which will be in City's favour.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Once again fans are not considered by the authorities. Today's kick off is 5.15pm. Therefore the earliest the game will finish is 7.00pm.

Dye to engineering work, anyone wishing to travel from London to Birmingham by train is instructed the leave Euston by 7.00pm at the latest! :grr:

OK, when the engineering work was planned, it was pot luck who would be playing at Wembley, but why can we not have a 3.00pm kick off for these finals?

If it goes to Penalties it won’t be finished before 8, what is wrong with a 15:00 kick off? I can imagine a lot of pissed up fans by kick off time, imagine a 17:00 kick off between  B’ham & Millwall !!!

8 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Villa

Fulham

Villa have a problem with FFP though. Steve Bruce has talked about there being difficult times ahead if they don't go up, undoubtedly referring to their finances.

I have no like for Villa, but I do think Grealish is one of the brightest talents in England and I want to see him perform in the top league. 

As others have said, Fulham lose their money and their best players if they don’t go up. 

So from a selfish ‘City’ perspective, best to see the ‘bigger’ club go up, ie Villa. 

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

doesn't work online but working on the radio! forgot there are restrictions to online content…:shutup:

Why that is still a thing God only knows. You and I can`t listen to a commentary on RB online when we live out of their broadcast area but I could drive up the M5 (or you the M4) until we got coverage on the radio and listen no problem.

Archived