IGNORED

Champions League Final

2 hours ago, Malago said:

:laugh:

Liverpool had a dream run to the final and were totally outclassed by a Madrid side that never got out of 3rd gear.  Serouisly how many of Liverpool team will Madrid be queuing up to sign this summer.  As for Klopp, that's six cup final defeats in a row which means he's either very unlucky or a serial loser.  The goal keeping situation has been an accident waiting to happen and is entirely the managers fault for falling to address it.

As for Ramos , World Cup winner, European championship winner and Champions league winner.  Best defender and captain of his generation and you were stupid enough to bet against him.   A fool and his money.

Until Salah was cy locally taken out if the game Madrid were on the back foot, could not get a foot on the ball and looked rattled.

Liverpool looked quite capable of overpowering Real as they did against Man City and Juve . I can only assume that I look ran over a litter of black kittens given all his bad luck came in one night.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So, Bale’s goal. Has there ever been a better goal in a major final in any competition?

Zidane at Hampden in 2002 springs to mind as a contender, but I’d probably put this one above it.

Suggestions welcome!

Was a beauty wasn’t it . Struggling to think of one better. Especially considering the occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Was a beauty wasn’t it . Struggling to think of one better. Especially considering the occasion. 

If occasion is factored in, quite possibly the greatest goal of all time.

I know that’s a big statement, but overhead kick from distance into the top corner in a European Cup final? Unreal!

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Ramos showed himself to be nothing but a serial cheat and crook. Serial loser? I have no affection towards Liverpool but taking Salah out of the final purposefully is as if Tammy would have been taken out of our squad last season. We would be in league 1, bearing in mind he could well be out of the world cup as swell. 

I suppose you'd classify Pepe as a classy defender too?

Don`t forget him trying to get Mane sent off by claiming he`d been hit in the face when the only contact between them was minimal if any.

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Alright then Mr Cynic, what IS the greatest goal ever scored in a major final?

Are we limiting this to English finals, Champs League, Euros and WC? Which voids the question in the first instance I'd have thought.

Anyway Toure League Cup, Parlour FA Cup, Di Matteo FA Cup, Gerrard FA Cup, Alberto WC and not forgetting Little JPT must be up there.

58 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Until Salah was cy locally taken out if the game Madrid were on the back foot, could not get a foot on the ball and looked rattled.

Liverpool looked quite capable of overpowering Real as they did against Man City and Juve . I can only assume that I look ran over a litter of black kittens given all his bad luck came in one night.

You’re right. Madrid were on the back foot when Salah was on. Game changed when he got injured. Which begs the question :

Are Liverpool a one man team? 

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are we limiting this to English finals, Champs League, Euros and WC? Which voids the question in the first instance I'd have thought.

Anyway Toure League Cup, Parlour FA Cup, Di Matteo FA Cup, Gerrard FA Cup, Alberto WC and not forgetting Little JPT must be up there.

Why on earth does it “void” the question?! It’s pretty simple - best goal ever in a major final. Domestic, European or International.

None of those get near Bale’s imho.

3 hours ago, Malago said:

As for Klopp, that's six cup final defeats in a row which means he's either very unlucky or a serial loser.  

Harsh on Klopp.

2 defeats to munich.

1 defeat to wolfsburg

1 loss (on penalties) to manchester City

1 loss to sevilla 

1 loss to real madrid 

So he was the underdog in at least 4 of those.

2 of them he had been in charge of liverpool for less than 8 months.

Only questionable one really is the wolfsburg game but this was towards the end of klopps time at bvb against a very good wolfsburg side containing the likes of kevin de bruyne and Perišić. 

You could make an arguement that Klopp has pulled off a miracle even getting 4 of those teams to the finals in the first place.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why on earth does it “void” the question?! It’s pretty simple - best goal ever in a major final. Domestic, European or International.

None of those get near Bale’s imho.

Carlos Alberto, Brazil WC final 1970 is still my favourite even after all these years.

Just watched the highlights. Wow. 

Ramos is an experienced defender and what he might have done was bad, but let’s not pretend that there aren’t 100’s of players out there doing the same week in week out. 

But anyway - back to Karius... wow. 

8 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Harsh on Klopp.

2 defeats to munich.

1 defeat to wolfsburg

1 loss to sevilla 

1 loss to real madrid 

Only questionable one really is the wolfsburg game but this was towards the end of klopps time at bvb against a very good wolfsburg side containing the likes of kevin de bruyne and Perišić. 

You could make an arguement that Klopp has pulled off a miracle even getting 4 of those teams to the finals in the first place.

Exactly. Most managers wouldnt have been able to lose those finals as wouldnt have got there in the first place

5 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Harsh on Klopp.

2 defeats to munich.

1 defeat to wolfsburg

1 loss to sevilla 

1 loss to real madrid 

I really like Klopp the style of football is great to watch but he really needs to win something. Clearly there is still a lack of depth to the squad and the keepers need replacing. Future looks good though with some good signings this summer.

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got to be gerrard for me.. Just because of context.

Home town player.

Carrying an injury. 

Last minute. 

Singlehandedly saving the game from the jaws of defeat. 

Absolute rocket from 30 yards plus. 

Roy of the rovers stuff.

As a neutral, I thought both games yesterday (even though Fulham was only 1-0) were great spectacles and great games to watch. The first half in Kiev wasn't great, but it started to kick in about 35 mins and the second half was unreal. That goal by Bale, wow just wow.

In all in all two great games to watch. Really hope Rotherham win today, always had a soft spot for them after the way their fans were so good the day we won promotion against them and their fans stood and clapped us off the field and stayed to watch the celebrations and even the Rotherham manager made his players watch the celebrations to show them what hard work can achieve. Always thought of Rotherham and their fans as decent since then and hope they come back up. 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I really like Klopp the style of football is great to watch but he really needs to win something. Clearly there is still a lack of depth to the squad and the keepers need replacing. Future looks good though with some good signings this summer.

If (and it's a big if)  he can get his signings right then they will be a force next season. Problem is that both manchester teams (and possibly arsenal, probably chelsea) are going to spend spend spend. Bale for instance is probably going to end up at one of them.

Odd thing is that bale would fit absolutely perfectly into this liverpool team... Not that he will sign for him or they can afford him.

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

If (and it's a big if)  he can get his signings right then they will be a force next season. Problem is that both manchester teams (and possibly arsenal, probably chelsea) are going to spend spend spend. Bale for instance is probably going to end up at one of them.

Odd thing is that bale would fit absolutely perfectly into this liverpool team... Not that he will sign for him or they can afford him.

Trouble with Bale is you will be lucky to get 20 games out of him. 

5 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

They already have Naby Keita. Will be recognised as one of the best Prem midfielders by October

9 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why repeat it if so? 

He is a idiot 

I think you'll find it's quite a common thing on here, repeating/reporting what other teams fans have done or said that show them up for the complete knobs they are. There's a thread that's 710 pages long, 709 of which do exactly this! It doesn't make everyone who's repeated it an idiot, or if it does there's a lot of idiots on here! 

16 minutes ago, Super said:

He needs a proper goalkeeper, I cannot remember the last Ray Clemencesque keeper that Liverpool have had, all of them since have been able to pull off the amazing save here and there and throw the ball into their net or drop the ball etc.far too often.

And boy does he need a defensive coach and more quality at the back, I think Van Dick is overrated.

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

You’re right. Madrid were on the back foot when Salah was on. Game changed when he got injured. Which begs the question :

Are Liverpool a one man team? 

I don't think they are, but Liverpool had started so well and had all the momentum and Salah's departure seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Liverpool team. This enabled Madrid to get a foothold in the game and then Karius's mistakes did for them - along with Bale's worldy.

Know it's all conjecture now, but going by previous games against Man City and Juve, without Salah's injury it would have been little surprise to see Liverpool get the first goal and go o to win well.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He needs a proper goalkeeper, I cannot remember the last Ray Clemencesque keeper that Liverpool have had, all of them since have been able to pull off the amazing save here and there and throw the ball into their net or drop the ball etc.far too often.

And boy does he need a defensive coach and more quality at the back, I think Van Dick is overrated.

Yep the keeper situation has gone on for too long now. Mignolet isnt great but not sure he would have made those mistakes last night! I quite like VVD certainly defence looks better since he arrived but still need a partner for him.

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'd love to know what Ronaldo was doing whilst the rest of his teammates were with Bale celebrating the goal.

There was no reaction from him as Bale's second goes in.

The ultimate team player is Ronaldo, when Bale went through with a chance to notch a hat trick and got blocked off, Rocky was waiving his arms about nearly crying because Bale never put him in.

We all know Ronaldo would have tried to set up Bale if the roles were reversed. :laughcont:

14 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

There was no reaction from him as Bale's second goes in.

The ultimate team player is Ronaldo, when Bale went through with a chance to notch a hat trick and got blocked off, Rocky was waiving his arms about nearly crying because Bale never put him in.

We all know Ronaldo would have tried to set up Bale if the roles were reversed. :laughcont:

Then creates it to be a bit about him when he hinted he might be leaving madrid!

Archived