IGNORED

DUNDER - Now announced

chowie

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

were you equally outraged when we had the carling atyeo stand or had blackthorn as a sponsor as alcohol is far more of a scourge then online betting,

how about watching us in the SKY BET championship also an online bookies or doesn't that suit your argument ether? 

Simple really - people can't spend hundreds of pounds of money they don't have on booze from the comfort of their own home.

And we don't support the Championship or usually moan about the people in charge of the Championship - so their decision to use a bet firm is not our concern.

City taking on a new sponsor, promoting another online growing gambling company, which solely exists to take money off of people and offer nothing in return, is a disgrace.

Today, I am disgusted with those in charge of the club, if other people don't feel the same, so be it.

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Doubtless, BS have done their checks thoroughly as usual and will have taken comments on this site into consideration before agreeing to the deal.......................

Or not, as the case may be.

Or maybe they've thought about it and recognised the flaws with systems like TrustPilot. As raised in previous posts. But you've probably accidentally overlooked them.

I'm only assuming that because I'm sure you wouldn't read them and wilfully ignore them because they don't fit the case you're wanting to build. You wouldn't do that sort of thing, would you?

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Simple really - people can't spend hundreds of pounds of money they don't have on booze from the comfort of their own home.

And we don't support the Championship or usually moan about the people in charge of the Championship - so their decision to use a bet firm is not our concern.

City taking on a new sponsor, promoting another online growing gambling company, which solely exists to take money off of people and offer nothing in return, is a disgrace.

Today, I am disgusted with those in charge of the club, if other people don't feel the same, so be it.

you can spend thousands of pounds on anything with money you don't have from home

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

Would say the club had sold its soul, had it not already done so to Bristol Sports.

What happened to putting local business and the community first?

Dear oh dear...

So you're happy with the club not being able to compete financially in this division increasing the chances of finishing lower in the division...? 

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would say the club had sold its soul, had it not already done so to Bristol Sports.

Dear oh dear...

As fans we want our club to be competitive, especially with the broken landscape of parachute payments. Therefore any commercial advantage we can get from hawking out the space on the shirt to the highest bidder has to be taken.

I posted a link earlier in this thread that detailed just how many clubs in this division are sponsored by online betting sites. It's loads. Most of them I have never heard of and I can't recall seeing any of them being on shirts when these teams came to BS3 last season.

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Dear oh dear...

I agree with that bit.  I do wonder what Lancer Scott really think.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

you can spend thousands of pounds on anything with money you don't have from home

True, but I'd be amazed if people actually did, because they won't be addicted to buying the booze online like they might be with online gambling.

I've heard so many horror stories from online gambling and fought an addiction myself once, the less of these sites the better.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As fans we want our club to be competitive, especially with the broken landscape of parachute payments. Therefore any commercial advantage we can get from hawking out the space on the shirt to the highest bidder has to be taken.

I posted a link earlier in this thread that detailed just how many clubs in this division are sponsored by online betting sites. It's loads. Most of them I have never heard of and I can't recall seeing any of them being on shirts when these teams came to BS3 last season.

Immoral position to take.  So if EDL offered a million and more for shirt sponsorship you would take it. Where would you daw a line?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Absolutely.

I would be outraged if Hotchud.com was displayed on our shirts after the cash they have fleeced from me over the years.

Just now, reddogkev said:

True, but I'd be amazed if people actually did, because they won't be addicted to buying the booze online like they might be with online gambling.

I've heard so many horror stories from online gambling and fought an addiction myself once, the less of these sites the better.

oh they do, and I've witnessed the fall out,

12 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Or maybe they've thought about it and recognised the flaws with systems like TrustPilot. As raised in previous posts. But you've probably accidentally overlooked them.

I'm only assuming that because I'm sure you wouldn't read them and wilfully ignore them because they don't fit the case you're wanting to build. You wouldn't do that sort of thing, would you?

Precisely. Not read other threads. Never heard of Trustpilot or Dunder.  I just have a strong objection to showing support for online betting firms who are doing so much damage to our society, as evidenced by Parliament's concern

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Which bit? I’d say there’s an obvious link between revenue and calibre or player we can attract. 

You can achieve revenue without supping with the devil. BS should have a set of moral guidelines when it comes to accepting advertising like many businesses do

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Precisely. Not read other threads. Never heard of Trustpilot or Dundee.  I just have a strong objection to showing support for online betting firms who are doing so much damage to our society, as evidenced by Parliament's concern

alcohol does far more damage but it doesn't suit your moral outrage, mind you you seem to pick fault at everything anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if we were sponsored by oxfam you'd pick fault at it

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Precisely. Not read other threads.

It's. In. This. Thread.

Maybe you have wilfully ignored posts that don't fit your viewpoint. 

And if Parliament has concerns, if only they had some sort of powers. They want to ban gambling? Oh. They can. They want to restrict gambling advertising? Oh. They can.

I suppose when you think about it, our new sponsors aren't that different to those of our neighbours.

Dunder offer players a game of chance and the opportunity to win a return based of a series of fixed odds outcomes run against a stochastic model and use the income generated to invest in Bristol City.

Rovers have a similar business model. They run a raffle.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

alcohol does far more damage but it doesn't suit your moral outrage, mind you you seem to pick fault at everything anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if we were sponsored by oxfam you'd pick fault at it

See my comments above re objections to accepting alcohol advertising.

Of course I wouldn't accept sponsorship from Oxfam given their current moral crisis.

It is all about having standards

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's. In. This. Thread.

Maybe you have wilfully ignored posts that don't fit your viewpoint. 

And if Parliament has concerns, if only they had some sort of powers. They want to ban gambling? Oh. They can. They want to restrict gambling advertising? Oh. They can.

If you follow Parliament you will see that the Government is dealing with this issue.

Guess that fact doesn't suit your BS agenda

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

You can achieve revenue without supping with the devil. BS should have a set of moral guidelines when it comes to accepting advertising like many businesses do

It’s been done to death but a lot of people just don’t buy into the hysteria about gambling and equate it with plenty of other potentially dangerous yet perfectly legal pastimes. I know it’s the new in thing to be morally outraged about and is receiving a lot of press attention. 

As a fan base we’ve demonstrated an unwillingness to align our expectations with reality so something has to change if people want us to do the things they expect.

Can’t keep operating like a downs league club if you want premier league football. 

Archived