IGNORED

WEDLOCK WALL BRICKS - Is it a hut? (Merged)

NickJ

On 08/08/2018 at 06:07, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, we beat Man Utd home and away in the 1974/1975 season...and we beat Spurs home and away in the 1976/1977 season...we beat Arsenal away in 1976...we beat Liverpool at home and away in 1977 and 1978, we’ve beaten Chelsea too...how many murals do you want on the walls at Ashton Gate? 

It’s the context of the Liverpool cup game though isn’t it....lower division underdog beating one of the top clubs of the time.

Same with beating Leeds in early 70s.

Same with beating Man Utd last season.

Its the magic of the cup.  I still get that excited feeling at 48, especially with City typically being an underdog

Being in the same division in league matches is different.

Better than blank walls too imho.

Re the Wedlock Wall, will take a look Saturday.

My girlfriend bought a brick for me a few months back for me. Scanned the "wall" several times but couldnt find it. We emailed the club and turns out our brick "must of been missed out". They said they looked and couldn't see it. They can't contact the people who made the bricks yet so we just have to wait?

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Very odd. You don't exactly park at AG and then go for a walk do you? 

Lots of commuters were until the barriers were installed. Parking there and going into Bristol for work. That was the clubs reason for putting the barriers/charges in place. 

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If you stay over 30 minutes and don’t spend more than £5 in the shop, coffee shop, or pizzeria yes. 

Cheers Dolly. No parking charge for driving in and staring at my name on the Wedlock Wall for 29 minutes then.:noexp: ;)

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Lots of commuters were until the barriers were installed. Parking there and going into Bristol for work. That was the clubs reason for putting the barriers/charges in place. 

If the demand is there a hughe parking garage should be built under AG. It's a possibility. Not a problem. 

16 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If the demand is there a hughe parking garage should be built under AG. It's a possibility. Not a problem. 

5 minutes ago, BrizleCiderArmy said:

Complete with a glass roof and skybar?

I see OTIB is making full use of the opportunity to get a "unicorn" reaction.

Archived