IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

£8m-£10m and he'd be on his way comfortably. Talking about giving our youngsters a chance could we see Flint leave and Vyner given the opportunity to step up? If Kelly is eyed to step up at left back if Bryan leaves (probably another £7m or so) we could used the combined fees to go in for a big transfer target upfront with some left over. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

If he can earn massive money by going to 'Boro, I wouldn't begrudge the big man a move. Unlike certain locals, he signed a deal which has protected BCFC. That said, I would rather we didn't have to face the fella and he gets his Prem move.

He signed a deal which significantly increased his wages, his contract wasn't in danger of running out, this summer he'd have still had 2 years on his current contract which is long enough to still command a big fee. 

I’m probably in the minority but I’m not convinced Vyner is ready for a significant contribution in the Championship.  Fringe player for me, regular match day 18 Member, cup games, would be my view.  But hey-ho (Flint - geddit) all about opinions.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

£8m-£10m and he'd be on his way comfortably. Talking about giving our youngsters a chance could we see Flint leave and Vyner given the opportunity to step up? If Kelly is eyed to step up at left back if Bryan leaves (probably another £7m or so) we could used the combined fees to go in for a big transfer target upfront with some left over. 

If vyner and kelly are being lined up as replacing flint and Bryan then we’ll be back in league one next year. Absolutely no chance 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If vyner and kelly are being lined up as replacing flint and Bryan then we’ll be back in league one next year. Absolutely no chance 

Kelly has shown he's capable at this level, if Vyner doesn't prove to be up to standard we could swap back to having Wright partner Baker. If not spectacular Wright is solid enough at championship level that we shouldn't be facing relegation. 

Kelly has shown he’s got lots to learn and is still wet behind the ears. Vyner , although doing well at Plymouth is miles off a championship centre half at the moment. Massive step up from league one . Playing two rookie defenders would be suicide imo . You can get away with it further up the pitch to a certain extent but not at the back , we’d get ripped apart. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Kelly has shown he’s got lots to learn and is still wet behind the ears. Vyner , although doing well at Plymouth is miles off a championship centre half at the moment. Massive step up from league one . Playing two rookie defenders would be suicide imo . You can get away with it further up the pitch to a certain extent but not at the back , we’d get ripped apart. 

Perhaps we recruit someone in the Pisano style signing at left back as well, experienced pro who allows Kelly a season or two to develop without the pressure of playing every game, would allow both Kelly and Vyner game time without having to blood 2 new defenders. Or utilise Hörður more at left back if he's staying around, not my personal choice but would mean we don't need to bring in a new face.  

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Perhaps we recruit someone in the Pisano style signing at left back as well, experienced pro who allows Kelly a season or two to develop without the pressure of playing every game, would allow both Kelly and Vyner game time without having to blood 2 new defenders. Or utilise Hörður more at left back if he's staying around, not my personal choice but would mean we don't need to bring in a new face.  

McQueen seems to be that man to be Joe’s replacement.  Southampton players have good pedigree too, they’ll know how to play technical football, if that is what LJ wants.  Agree with Stevie re Vyner, and in another post over the weekend said if we end up with a back 4 of Moore, Vyner, Magnússon and Kelly next season we’ll be in big trouble....but boy, wouldn’t it be great to see in maybe 18 months time.  Need to not get too carried away.  Kelly has done reasonably well at LB playing alongside two experienced CBs...might be different having Vyner on his inside.  I doubt that we will be left short, but need to be careful to not get too carried away.

Flint is BFF with Pack.

Flint and Pack are both "romantically involved" with two birds who happen to be sisters (I believe this is accurate? Think I read this on here, from one of our itk posters on the love lives of players).

Flint and Pack and their two birds what are sisters all live in Portishead. I'm pretty sure. ie, they are "inseperable."

Pack has a kid/kids.

Pack's missus has her sister when Aden and Marlon are away playing football/on the p1ss in Vegas etc.

Flinty probably does a bit of baby-sitting when Marlon takes his misses out for a "romantic" meal down Bottelino's and a stroll around the Marina. 

Flint and Pack cannot live, if living is without each other (and their missuses).

If Flint's signing for Boro, where's Pack going? Can you see them being 280 miles apart? Or their birds what are sisters? I think Flint to Villa, Pack to Brum is more likely. Or they are staying put.

27 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Flint is BFF with Pack.

Flint and Pack are both "romantically involved" with two birds who happen to be sisters (I believe this is accurate? Think I read this on here, from one of our itk posters on the love lives of players).

Flint and Pack and their two birds what are sisters all live in Portishead. I'm pretty sure. ie, they are "inseperable."

Pack has a kid/kids.

Pack's missus has her sister when Aden and Marlon are away playing football/on the p1ss in Vegas etc.

Flinty probably does a bit of baby-sitting when Marlon takes his misses out for a "romantic" meal down Bottelino's and a stroll around the Marina. 

Flint and Pack cannot live, if living is without each other (and their missuses).

If Flint's signing for Boro, where's Pack going? Can you see them being 280 miles apart? Or their birds what are sisters? I think Flint to Villa, Pack to Brum is more likely. Or they are staying put.

You make it sound like they'd never see each other, international breaks every month or two give a chance to see people for a couple of days and then breaks over the summer for extended periods. I doubt they'd turn down a move for an extra £10k a week just to not move away from friends/family if they felt it was the best thing for their careers.

This is the window (imo at least) that will see us either sell Flint at what is basically his peak value, or if Flint is happy here, will see him remain at the club for most of the rest of his career. He'll be 29 in a couple of months, I imagine we'll again have a big price regardless of position if a team were to try in January so next summer turning the 30 mark will probably start to see his value decline. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

McQueen seems to be that man to be Joe’s replacement.  Southampton players have good pedigree too, they’ll know how to play technical football, if that is what LJ wants.  Agree with Stevie re Vyner, and in another post over the weekend said if we end up with a back 4 of Moore, Vyner, Magnússon and Kelly next season we’ll be in big trouble....but boy, wouldn’t it be great to see in maybe 18 months time.  Need to not get too carried away.  Kelly has done reasonably well at LB playing alongside two experienced CBs...might be different having Vyner on his inside.  I doubt that we will be left short, but need to be careful to not get too carried away.

Nice thought but it will never happen imo.

If we sign 23 year old McQueen it'll be for a big fee and he'll come as a first choice, so, presuming it doesn't turn out we've signed a duffer, that should be the left back berth filled for the next 3-4 years.

We also have to accept that just because Vyner and Kelly are promising academy graduates, and are hyped up by the club as such, doesn't mean they'll ever be consistently good enough for this level.

We hope they will be of course, but there will be new signings like McQueen coming in regularly, plus other youngsters perhaps emerging from the academy behind them, and Vyner and Kelly will have a real job on to prove they are the very best in their positions at the club.

I doubt we'll be leaving gaps in our recruitment to accommodate their development - the Championship is too unforgiving - it's up to them to force their way into the team, fighting off old and new challengers alike.

Btw, I don't think Taylor Moore will ever be a regular at AG, and, unfortunately, my impression is LJ has no faith Hörður ever will be either, so unlikely imo. either will be at the club in 18 months time.

43 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Flint is BFF with Pack.

Flint and Pack are both "romantically involved"

Got this far, mouth opened, passed out with shock, awoke several hours later to read the remainder and was no longer in shock !

From what I could read (until I gave up fighting the pop-ups) it read more like a discussion piece where they concluded Flint could be a likely target if Gibson was off. Wouldn't class this as a rumour just yet.

That said, I could see this happening. 

I don't really buy this 'he's 28/29 and it's his last chance for the Prem' stuff. Look at Gareth McAuley - he arguably peaked after moving to West Brom at 30/31. Players in the style of Flint won't really regress as much as a winger or forward who relies on pace. He's not overly reliant on speed and his strength and aerial ability won't decline. His reading of the game will improve if anything, especially as he came from non-league so has a greater improvement ceiling. Mertesacker is another one who went playing very regularly well into his 30s. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he moves this summer to a strong championship side (Boro or Villa), gets promoted with them and plays in the Prem that way.

11 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility if Ben Gibson leaves

It’s possible because Pulis is the manager and he might want a team of centre halves, but Gibson is left footed and they already have a better and younger right footed centre back in Daniel Ayala. Unless the lower prem want him I’m not convinced he’s going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Flint is BFF with Pack.

Pack has a kid/kids.

Good points made here! I don't think either will go unless they get a Premier League move which I don't think either will. 

Both very settled in Bristol, as is the likes of Korey Smith with his wife and two kids. 

Yes same could be said about a lot of players when they move, I'm sure Fielding is very settled for example. 

Money talks and I'm sure the likes of Villa & Boro can pay more handsomely then City but I don't think either will move to another Championship club. 

1 hour ago, 123red1 said:

Got this far, mouth opened, passed out with shock, awoke several hours later to read the remainder and was no longer in shock !

It's a bromance, mate. No doubt about it.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

You make it sound like they'd never see each other, international breaks every month or two give a chance to see people for a couple of days and then breaks over the summer for extended periods. I doubt they'd turn down a move for an extra £10k a week just to not move away from friends/family if they felt it was the best thing for their careers.

1. Flint and Pack are "millenials." That means they "don't like being shouted at," or told off orany of that sh1t, so I learned recently. If Flint wants to work in Middlesbrough, and so move his missus 280 miles away from her sister, his missus will shout at him. And so will her sister. And Flint won't like that. You like being shouted at by yer missus? If yes, you are not a "millenial."

2. Always keep in mind, not all posts on here are 100% serious.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Flint to Fulham rumours now materialising, can see that one happening. 

So who baby-sits Marlon's little lad when Marlon has a night out with his missus in Portishead - Ryan Kent? Louis Diony? Frankie Fielding????

People on here want to start thinking about these sorts of things.

18 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's a bromance, mate. No doubt about it.

1. Flint and Pack are "millenials." That means they "don't like being shouted at," or told off orany of that sh1t, so I learned recently. If Flint wants to work in Middlesbrough, and so move his missus 280 miles away from her sister, his missus will shout at him. And so will her sister. And Flint won't like that. You like being shouted at by yer missus? If yes, you are not a "millenial."

2. Always keep in mind, not all posts on here are 100% serious.

This one is though .

Archived