IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

No he won't.  He'll play next season for them.  

agreed that lad seems to have a decent agent or a decent head on his shoulders,

My guess with him is he'll be sold the same season he signs a new contract maximizing the money fulham can get for him

On 06/06/2018 at 16:26, Kid in the Riot said:

WBA after a CB...

Bugs me when players contribute to a relegation campaign then say ‘I’m too good for the championship’ and sign for another prem club....I know it’s all part of modern football but where’s the pride and determination to put it right by sticking with the club you helped relegate?! 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bugs me when players contribute to a relegation campaign then say ‘I’m too good for the championship’ and sign for another prem club....I know it’s all part of modern football but where’s the pride and determination to put it right by sticking with the club you helped relegate?! 

well to be fair to Jonny Evans he should of gone in Jan for 20 million when arsenal were bidding for him, West Brom turned it down then so they've only their to blame on this one for me

10 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

£3.5m is all he’s worth. Another ex Man Utd overrated has been centre back. 

Agreed. I don’t really think he’s that good, is he? Can’t see it myself. 

The form of a lot of ex Manchester United plays since theyve left the club such as Evans just goes to show what an outstanding manager Ferguson was and the insane levels of drive and performance he got out of average players. 

Don't think Flint will leave. He's near enough 29, has never played at the top level and is uncapped for his country. Never in a million years will he get the bids some fans think he is worth. He is worth no more than 4-5m because of his age as there is zero sell on value in buying a player like Flint. He has 5-6 playing years left in him and no club will pay 8-10m for that. I personally think we are asking way too much and he seems happy to stay. Imo a bid of 5m would buy him and for me that is his top line value and even that would be overpaying for him.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Amazing how people are saying Evans isnt that good. Been fantastic for them WBA for ages now and last season, which was atrocious for the club, he was easily their best player.  

Man City wanted him in January. Odd for such an apparently poor player. Still, what does Pep know?

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We'd never sell for 4 - 5 million surely. And surely teams would offer nearer 10 if they really want him. 5 to 6 years playing time is a long time and 10 million would be a bargain if he played well for that long. 

Which is why he is going nowhere !

Aden is not proven in the Premier League and he isn't going to improve at his age. The reality is CLUBS DO NOT REALLY WANT HIM, If the price is right they will buy him as he is solid at this level and could be good cover in the premier league, but there is no chance he is going to be bought for 10m. There is 0 sell on value. You don't pay 10m for a player who is 29 and you'll recoup nothing from him. 

£5m for a 29yo central defender who is solid at this level is still a great price. Sadly it's the fans delusion that they think he is worth so much, the reality is, he is not worth 10m, now he may be worth 10m to the board, as they dont want to sell him as they want to keep him and he is under contract, but no one is gonna empty big money on buying a player like Flint.

8 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Which is why he is going nowhere !

Aden is not proven in the Premier League and he isn't going to improve at his age. The reality is CLUBS DO NOT REALLY WANT HIM, If the price is right they will buy him as he is solid at this level and could be good cover in the premier league, but there is no chance he is going to be bought for 10m. There is 0 sell on value. You don't pay 10m for a player who is 29 and you'll recoup nothing from him. 

£5m for a 29yo central defender who is solid at this level is still a great price. Sadly it's the fans delusion that they think he is worth so much, the reality is, he is not worth 10m, now he may be worth 10m to the board, as they dont want to sell him as they want to keep him and he is under contract, but no one is gonna empty big money on buying a player like Flint.

I hope you are right....and that means he stays.

Archived