IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

Whoever is running our twitter needs a head check. Read the ******* room. Should have been announced with zero fuss or emotion and never spoken of again. It’s like we’re ******* celebrating it. 

If you’re reading this JL and Co, and it’s not already abundantly clear - our bitter rivals have had our pants down because of OUR failings. That is not something to be proud of. 

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I really hope we have a few exciting and decent players lined up . Or we will have one hell of a tough season. Come on City pull your ******* fingers out

Its been less than 24 hours since Flint left officially, we've already replaced him it seems and if rumours are true Marriott could be on his way in to replace Reid.... yes the club are sat around on deck chairs doing nothing. 

I find words in the OS too honeyed,for a player who turned his back to City and joined Cardiff. 

What can I say about this move? His desire to play in the PL is understandable, and it's right to thank him for his contribution at City (I do it too)...but frankly I can't wish him to do well with THAT shirt. At least,this is my thought right now.

That being said,if the fee is confirmed (9/10 mil.£), it seems quite good business. 

My worry is about how it will reinvested: let's see what happens.

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

This transfer wouldn't have been so bad had so many posters on here not come on here in December and January and slaughtered Cardiff. 

Not only do they then come good, whilst we completely capitulated...they then come and take our top scorer and announce him with a GIF . 

I hate Cardiff....but Warnock and co have completely taken the piss out of Johnson and our club with this .

Certainly a few people on here eating humble pie 

Only for 12 months. They won’t survive and I feel Bobby won’t suit the Cardiff style. He’ll get 208 x £25000 though. Lucky chap. 

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Only for 12 months. They won’t survive and I feel Bobby won’t suit the Cardiff style. He’ll get 208 x £25000 though. Lucky chap. 

He will be back in the championship on loan at some stage next season.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Whoever is running our twitter needs a head check. Read the ******* room. Should have been announced with zero fuss or emotion and never spoken of again. It’s like we’re ******* celebrating it. 

If you’re reading this JL and Co, and it’s not already abundantly clear - our bitter rivals have had our pants down because of OUR failings. That is not something to be proud of. 

Agreed. If we had got promoted, or even hit the playoffs with a bit of belief, there is no way ether player would have left. 

It should have been us going up, sniping the best players from the championship. We were in the driving seat and in the best position in a decade and we completely fluffed it and this is what happens. We lose the Crown Jewels. It’s ironic, we’re losing our spine, yet we’ve been spineless for the last 6 months. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I remember LJ saying 'if Reid adds goals to his game he'd be a 5m player' and people laughed at that! - That quote doesn't get dragged up as often as ones which paint LJ in a bad light though..

That was when Bobby was a less than average midfield player with possibly the worst shooting record in the club, truly abysmal row Z stuff over and over again, so it was indeed laughable at the time.

To try and prove his point LJ then specifically set up the team so Bobby was relieved of the more mundane midfield duties to become the '3rd man' in a move, i.e. the one others were tasked to get the ball to BR when he was in a position to get the the final shot in.

Bobby then proceeded to miss so many chances LJ eventually relented and not only changed the system but dropped Bobby from the team altogether after what could well have been his final chance to eventually make his mark. It seemed even his greatest advocate, LJ, had finally given up on BR making it in midfield at AG.

We all know what happened last Summer and the incredible transformation In Bobby after building up his stamina in the close season, coming back with the sort of determined attitude possibly lacking previously - last chance warning perhaps? - and, vitally, being played as a striker by LJ after the backroom boys flagged up his potential suitability for the role. In pre season friendlies his confidence soared in front of goal, he took that into the new season, and we know the rest.

Apart from Salah I doubt there's been more remarkable progress by any player in the last 12 months, completely unpredictable on BR's 6 seasons of previous mediocre performances, so for LJ to suggest BR the midfield player who perpetually wasted good chances could become a 5m player 'if he could add goals to his game'  was naturally received with the chortles of disbelief it thoroughly merited at the time.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What confused me 12 months ago was all the people on here saying get rid of bobby. It wasn't like we'd make any serious money from him at the time. Was a bit weird seeing how keen people were to get rid of him, when there was nothing to gain in doing so. 12 months later and 10 million! Bloody well done LJ I say. 

I was thinking the same. Its a solid LJ successes Bobby's rise.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What confused me 12 months ago was all the people on here saying get rid of bobby. It wasn't like we'd make any serious money from him at the time. Was a bit weird seeing how keen people were to get rid of him, when there was nothing to gain in doing so. 12 months later and 10 million! Bloody well done LJ I say. 

Fair enough mate , but that only stands up if we have a genuine 20 goal replacement , and with Fammy out for 6 games and Taylor never fit we now have no recognised striker of any experience available , club is selling other high profile players in other areas of the pitch for large cash so doesn't need the money . As far as I can see this move does not benefit BCFC in any way!

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Spot on.  It's like he's retired having lead us to the Premier League title after 500 games for the club.  None of us are in the mood for "Thank you Bobby" videos after having two of our best assets stripped, one of them to one of our biggest rivals.  The club is so at odds with the mood at times.  After that absolute shambles that was the second half of last season, the season ticket fiasco, the club would do well to just pipe down a bit - not least of all Jon Lansdown.

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

That is a complete and utter piss take. 

Totally agree, but it seems it’s a standard thing they ask/instruct their signings to do as Cunningham did so the other day too when he signed for them.

Premier league wages,cant compete, joins Gregg Cunningham. Flinty, Hörður, Luke Steel gone. Maybe Joe and Frankie on their way. I do hope Lee knows what he's doing. If we get off to a bad start i dont want to here " Its a new team they just need time and we will be alright."

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure I agree with this. For me they have wasted 10m on a player who won't cut it in the prem and will be loaned out at some stage in the future (prob next season). 

Archived