IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My point is that this deal is not something they should be publishing any more than necessary given that our biggest rival is laughing at us. Hard. Especially when it’s all caused by our own failing. Massive misread of the mood to be posting farewell montages and lengthy articles talking about how we'll all miss him

Can anyone point me to the articles where Rovers did the same when we signed Taylor? No because even those six fingered clowns knew how to read the mood of the fan base. 

Well said B. It’s so far off what their ‘customers’ are feeling right now it’s untrue.  Making out he’s reached the pinnacle by joining them. Embarrassing.  

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Putting aside the financial - They’ve taken our ‘one of our own’ top scorer from us a few weeks before the season starts. They’ve had our pants down. 

Not sure why this got so many rubbish votes... it’s like us taking Taylor, except the price. Even if he does **** all, it emphasises their position above us and they’ll absolutely love that.

Dear Bobby

This is a hard letter to write as you have been in my life for a what seems like forever. I saw the end coming, in truth we probably both did. We buried our heads in the sand but today is the day we say good bye. After calming down I realise why you made the choice you did, you knew it would hurt me but its what you want. I wish you luck, I hope it works out (I dont think it will but you can prove me wrong cant you). Unfortunately, as much as I wish you luck and I wanted us to be friends, we cant. Thats just the way it is. 

cheers

I just took the letter I sent my ex when we split up and changed the name on it!! Oh and took out the bit about us not having goodbye sex, but other than that it just seemed to fit! 

Message on social media from Bobby

“I’ve got ambitions and aspirations I want to fulfil and one of those is the Premier League and I have an opportunity now to showcase my talent on the big stage.

“I want you to understand that for any other reason it wouldn’t have been that.

“It’s the Premier League and I may only get one opportunity to play there.

“I didn’t want to let that pass me and regret that in the future.”

“The past 18 years since I was seven I’ve been with Bristol City and I’ve loved every single minute of it.

“I’ve shared every single moment with you and the memories we’ve made will live with me forever so I want to thank all for that.

“I gave everything on and off the field for the club, fans may hate me and fans may still like me.

“You’re all entitled to your own opinions and however you feel I’ll still love the club and will still be looking out for the results and hopefully the club can progress in the future.”

“I just want any of the players in the academy that are watching now to really work hard because there is a pathway for you at the club.

“If you are really ambitious, grounded and willing to work hard you will make it to the first team and stay there for a long time.

“Everyone [at the academy] has really helped me out, Raphael Burke, David Horseman, Pete Coleman and a special mention to Roger Barton who helped me in my early days.”

The Robins fan favourite ended with a last message for the whole club: “I love the club and the fans and I will forever support them.”

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

As I said yesterday, I totally get the commercial side of all this and £10m for a lad who was worth peanuts this time last year does make financial sense. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it. 

I'm also basically just going to repeat what I said yesterday.

If having him go to Cardiff and do the Ayatollah for an the extra £1 or £2m to the club is so important (and I agree it normally should be), I trust that SL will be reprimanding everyone who has wasted similar sums on Engvall, Eliasson, Moore, and Diony (at a guess also £1m+ in salary and loan fee).

Or put another way, if this was the West Brom / Derby bid with one of those above players as makeweight, it wouldn't be such a great deal everyone is making out. LJ and MA have seemed happy to write off that amount countless times already on their experiments, why suddenly get precious now?

Screw the additional £1m or so when it means we get humiliated as one of the finest products of our system goes to a rival team who were our peers just six months ago. LJ and MA have seemed happy to write that amount off countless times already on their experiments, why get precious now.

I'd have let him go to WBA for £8m, they'll be going back up soon enough. And before anyone says but we don't have to play Bobby Reid this way. A) We all know he'll be back here the season after next in a Cardiff shirt (unless boy wonder gets us relegated). B) Didn't seem to matter for Flint, did it?

26 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Right Johnson you've got 17 million pounds to spend. DO NOT **** THIS UP.

He's on Youtube right now typing "leader" into the search bar.

If we're lucky he'll sign Gary Glitter or Gordon Brown on a free.

7 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

A great signing for Cardiff, and I hope the lad does well here.

Your academy has done a great job on this kid.

How is it great exactly? You think the signings you are making are going to keep you up :laughcont:

13 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

What a load of nonsense. We sold an asset that we developed from zero for £10m. Cardiff have all the risk but we stand to benefit further if it works out and he moves on for a bigger fee.

That is a purey commercial, economic transaction. The ‘one of our own’ emotion pays no bills.

As I’ve already said I’m talking purely about the clubs use of social media in the aftermath of the transfer. I’m NOT talking about the transfer itself. 

Weve just sold our biggest asset to our bitter rivals. Any club knows that this is NOT something that you crow about after the event like you’ve pulled off a master stroke. 

The commercials of the deal are very good but the general mood is one of disappointment and anger about the circumstances that led to this becoming reality. It’s not the time for goal montages and strings of tweets about how much we love and miss him ffs 

Just now, Super said:

How is it great exactly? You think the signings you are making are going to keep you up :laughcont:

Great in the sense that we've signed a talented lad.

You obviously read my post as "our signings are going to keep us up"... It didn't say that.

You're an educated chap. I'll let you have another read.

14 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I think we've been having a bigger laugh at you personally.

Thats going to depend on the next 12 months. 

It's a big punt from you really, especially for 10 million. Hope it works out well for him though but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is very happy with how much we have got for him

7 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Great in the sense that we've signed a talented lad.

You obviously read my post as "our signings are going to keep us up"... It didn't say that.

You're an educated chap. I'll let you have another read.

Like I said before he will be loaned to another championship club next season. 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Thats going to depend on the next 12 months. 

It's a big punt from you really, especially for 10 million. Hope it works out well for him though but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is very happy with how much we have got for him

I feel there's very little to poke fun at us about. We've just gone well above and beyond expected, and not gone overboard with spending. In today's market 10m is nothing for English talent.

Even if we are relegated, we still have parachute payments, along with some top quality proven championship players still contracted to us.

I've never got this small minded mentality where you have to get tiny win by "laughing" at a club that's performed better than your own. You'd never catch me mocking Swansea whilst they were a PL side... It's a battle you'll never win.

The only crumb of comfort is, I 'm glad he has gone to the prem and I can understand is motive, he may not  have had the same success this year and the chance would have passed. Had he gone to WBA and his goals helped them gain promotion over us (perhaps a bit like Flinty) I would not be happy. A least this way we get to pass them when they come down.

Just now, BlueDredd said:

I feel there's very little to poke fun at us about. We've just gone well above and beyond expected, and not gone overboard with spending. In today's market 10m is nothing for English talent.

Even if we are relegated, we still have parachute payments, along with some top quality proven championship players still contracted to us.

I've never got this small minded mentality where you have to get tiny win by "laughing" at a club that's performed better than your own. You'd never catch me mocking Swansea whilst they were a PL side... It's a battle you'll never win.

I never once said I was 'laughing atvyou' 

I just don't think you should do the same to us, look at the tomlin transfer for example 

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Cringing at these videos supposedly  offering well wishes to Bobby, when it’s clearly just an advert for the academy. Flint didn’t get this and arguably achieved more.

I completely understand the desire to crow about the academy. 

But minutes after a transfer to our bitter rivals, when you’re only in this situation because of your own absolutely appalling capitulation, is NOT the time. 

READ THE MOOD

Just now, JBFC II said:

I never once said I was 'laughing atvyou' 

I just don't think you should do the same to us, look at the tomlin transfer for example 

Everyone makes bunk signings. Tomlin's a great player, just didn't really get the chance to play for us and didn't get himself match fit.

But I'm sure the £1.5m we payed for Tomlin wasn't a massive kick in the teeth. The last minute equaliser he scored at Reading away got us the extra point which grabbed us 2nd place. So maybe the £1.5m seems like a bargain.

56 minutes ago, Spike said:

For all the people attacking him for doing the Ayatollah he's no longer our player, he has to appeal to the fans of the club he plays for and being as many of them are loving this picture it's obviously working. If you quit one job to go to a rival company you wouldn;t walk in and be like "screw you guys, I'm not doing that, it'll upset my previous employer" and risk being hated by everyone at your new job. 
The club got £10m for him, he could have gone for £500k and we would have been happy this time last year so let's not play the victim or abuse the guy. He worked hard this season and now he's been given a platform to perform at the highest level of English football. If next year a club offers £30m for him after a great first season and he moves again would you still hate him knowing we got a nice sell on clause in place?

Honestly, Bobby got his fair share of abuse here when he wasn't performing, now he takes his opportunity to move up in his career and suddenly everyone is acting like he was our hero, he only got that status this season.

Yes it's a bloody bitter pill to swallow where he's gone but I honestly don't see many, if any, other Premier League clubs offering what Cardiff did so the way I see it is he's no longer our player, he can have a bluebird tattoo for all I care but he's earned that chance and he's got the club a nice wedge of cash to reinvest, now my only concern is can I trust Ashton and Johnson to reinvest it well...

Top post mate.

4 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Everyone makes bunk signings. Tomlin's a great player, just didn't really get the chance to play for us and didn't get himself match fit.

But I'm sure the £1.5m we payed for Tomlin wasn't a massive kick in the teeth. The last minute equaliser he scored at Reading away got us the extra point which grabbed us 2nd place. So maybe the £1.5m seems like a bargain.

It was 2.5 million... 

And who's to say Bobby Reid will be a good signing? Granted he's been excellent this season but he has a record of 1 in 5 for us. Hope he does well for you and all but I definitely think we have got the better end of this deal, especially considering you could have had him for around 1 million 12 months ago 

40 minutes ago, Olé said:

He's on Youtube right now typing "leader" into the search bar.

If we're lucky he'll sign Gary Glitter or Gordon Brown on a free.

As well as training videos of Swedish reserve matches ...

The only positive for me is that by selling the crown jewels it loads the pressure on Johnson to make something happen, and if it doesn't he gets the sack ... so every cloud and all that. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The only positive for me is that by selling the crown jewels it loads the pressure on Johnson to make something happen, and if it doesn't he gets the sack ... so every cloud and all that. 

I didn't quite catch that ...

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It was 2.5 million... 

And who's to say Bobby Reid will be a good signing? Granted he's been excellent this season but he has a record of 1 in 5 for us. Hope he does well for you and all but I definitely think we have got the better end of this deal, especially considering you could have had him for around 1 million 12 months ago 

If he's scored 19 goals, and had 7 assists in a 46 game season, how does that calculate to 1 in 5?... He scored on average 2.42 goals for you in every 5 games, and 1.5 assists in every 10 games.

You've definitely got a great deal out of this.. But it easily has the potential to be a great deal for both parties.

Archived