IGNORED

Goodbye Bobby Reid - signed for Cardiff now official

JasonM88

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

There are lots of people with sand in their fannies on here.  

That happens when you stand to close to the bunker.

nick-faldo-1996-masters-golf_3436851.jpg

52 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

I understand his need to play Premier League football but not with them.

If we’d kept him and we went up next Year then that £10 million fee received would have been insignificant.

If we didn't and Bobby had an injury hit season? He'd be less likely the get the move and then we would also be £10m down. 

52 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

I understand his need to play Premier League football but not with them.

If we’d kept him and we went up next Year then that £10 million fee received would have been insignificant.

If we didn't and Bobby had an injury hit season? He'd be less likely the get the move and then we would also be £10m down. 

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

There are lots of people with sand in their fannies on here.  When a player signs for a new club they focus on the new club.  It doesn't mean anything, it's what they're expected to do as professionals and exactly what we would want a player we signed to do.  Get over it.

I guess the male equivalent is when you get sand up your crack and when you walk it grates. :laughcont: 

4 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

BIG club with ambition? Mmmmm how original, problem is they are not a big club Bobby, should have stayed here and realised your Prem ambitions, but I don't really blame your bad choice of playing in the English Prem in a foreign country, and that my friend is the reason that Cardiff will never be a big club, except in the Principality.

What Prem ambitions do you have? You bottle it every season, and don’t come anywhere even close to promotion. How on earth can you sit there and attempt to look down on us like that.

Your best players have deserted you, you finished near enough mid table, and now you’ll be making hundreds of millions less than Cardiff. If we’re not a big club, then Bristol City can’t be much bigger than Rovers.

Your posts are complete tripe. 

8 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

What Prem ambitions do you have? You bottle it every season, and don’t come anywhere even close to promotion. How on earth can you sit there and attempt to look down on us like that.

Your best players have deserted you, you finished near enough mid table, and now you’ll be making hundreds of millions less than Cardiff. If we’re not a big club, then Bristol City can’t be much bigger than Rovers.

You only come on here to wind people up, why dont you bugger off back to your own forum. Pathetic.

12 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Go shag a sheep

8 hours ago, Super said:

You only come on here to wind people up, why dont you bugger off back to your own forum. Pathetic.

How many of my other posts here wound anyone up? I give my opinion fairly.. but how can you watch people make comments about your club like that?

A club that’s smaller than mine, calling my club small

15 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

How many of my other posts here wound anyone up? I give my opinion fairly.. but how can you watch people make comments about your club like that?

You don't believe that do you. Less fans than us despite your promotion season!

17 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

But the truth is Cardiff is a small club, Rugby is your national sport, nothing wrong with that and don't be ashamed, I like International Rugby. But to come on and start gloating ...just after signing Bobby is classless,

You say Cardiff are a bigger than Bristol City,  Cardiff City defined the word classless within football with all the colour changes and that ridiculous head tapping, Tan and of course now Warnock as your head coach.

Doesn't get more classless than that.  

City and Cardiff are ordinarily similarly sized clubs, but they got promoted. I think it's fair to say that they're currently a much bigger club than we are on that alone.

That being said, it still doesn't take away from the fact that £10m for Bobby Reid is singularly the best bit of business I think I've ever known. His work rate is second to none I'll give you that, but £10m for someone most of us would have sold for £250k 12 months prior is absolutely genius.

I wish Bobby all the very best and if a consequence of him doing well is Cardiff doing well then so be it. Stories from one of the other threads like him catching the bus home with his family and arriving at Wembley on his own, dragging his own suitcase just serve to make this story even more fairytale. Enjoy the riches of the next 4 years Bobby - you've earned it.

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

Gives us a fair opinion on how your season will go next season then Dredd.

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

Nah, you're not a bigger club.  You have managed to reach the top table again, which is a hell of an achievement, though no doubt you will be relegated in 12 months time, and you'll then struggle in the Championship again for a few seasons trying to right the wrongs.

I don't agree that being promoted to the Prem automatically makes you a bigger club.  Survival at the top tier will turn you into a bigger club.

We have absolutely mugged you of £10million for Bobby Reid, who as you know has had his first top season, and will struggle to score goals in the Prem.

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

But the truth is Cardiff is a small club, Rugby is your national sport, nothing wrong with that and don't be ashamed, I like International Rugby. But to come on and start gloating ...just after signing Bobby is classless,

You say Cardiff are a bigger than Bristol City,  Cardiff City defined the word classless within football with all the colour changes and that ridiculous head tapping, Tan and of course now Warnock as your head coach.

Doesn't get more classless than that.  

Gloating? Read through my posts on this thread and tell me again that I've been gloating.

I credited Bristol City on bringing through a great talent, and only responded to really silly attacks at Cardiff.

I don't understand why you'd rant that hard, without having read anything that I've posted.

1 hour ago, Barry Sheene said:

Gives us a fair opinion on how your season will go next season then Dredd.

Probably in the bottom 3. It's a very tough league, but I do think we'll be a tough side to beat.

We have the potential to be a surprise package.. and maybe get up to 16th or 15th But I look on to Bournemouth away in August, and then I'll be able to gauge it a little bit better.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Probably in the bottom 3. It's a very tough league, but I do think we'll be a tough side to beat.

We have the potential to be a surprise package.. and maybe get up to 16th or 15th But I look on to Bournemouth away in August, and then I'll be able to gauge it a little bit better.

The key will be Neil Warnock - a very shrewd manager, you might not play the pretiest football but will play to get the points to stay up

53 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I think that is a fair opinion but if i was a Cardiff fan i would be judging my team against the likes of Fulham and Huddersfield  to get barometer of how good we are.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Quite amusing and we’d do the same to be fair. Like I said we’ve just got to suck it up! 

Is that right about death threats btw does anyone know?  Disgraceful if so. 

Enough nutters overreacting on social media so I can believe it.

On 28/06/2018 at 22:19, BristolCity1992 said:

Bobby never gets injured; just one of those players that is very resilient.

On 30/06/2018 at 10:40, Red-Robbo said:

Good luck Bob. I'm really proud that my city and my club's youth system has produced such an athletic and skilful player.

Exactly this.

Bristol lad who is City through and through, gets a shot at the Prem, we get £10m and people are bitter?

Proud and happy for him.

Fair play to Bobby, from the streets of Easton to earning id imagine upwards of 25 thousand pounds a week with the deal he has signed, a fantastic success story for him on a personal level. Such a shame it was to them though and i must say it does leave a sour taste in the mouth for me. It truly confirms if anyone else needs reassurance that players dont give a toss about the club or the fans but there you go thats a debate for another day.

As for the gloating Welsh moron on here who seemingly cant leave this forum alone i really fear for you if Bobby Reid is your marquee striker signed this summer. One good season is literally all the boy has had, not a chance IMO he will score the amount of goals needed to keep you up. Tremendous work rate is guaranteed from him but for me controversial as it may be i think last season was a bit of a one off for Bobby reid in terms of goal scoring. 

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

Fair play to Bobby, from the streets of Easton to earning id imagine upwards of 25 thousand pounds a week with the deal he has signed, a fantastic success story for him on a personal level. Such a shame it was to them though and i must say it does leave a sour taste in the mouth for me. It truly confirms if anyone else needs reassurance that players dont give a toss about the club or the fans but there you go thats a debate for another day.

As for the gloating Welsh moron on here who seemingly cant leave this forum alone i really fear for you if Bobby Reid is your marquee striker signed this summer. One good season is literally all the boy has had, not a chance IMO he will score the amount of goals needed to keep you up. Tremendous work rate is guaranteed from him but for me controversial as it may be i think last season was a bit of a one off for Bobby reid in terms of goal scoring. 

Totally disagree, he will be a hit in the Premier League and it's about time half this forum admit his talent.

From a fans perspective it's sickening to see him in a Cardiff shirt but if someone offered me let's say £10k more per week compared to the next best offer and the chance to play at the top level then I would take it, City fan or not.

43 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Totally disagree, he will be a hit in the Premier League and it's about time half this forum admit his talent.

From a fans perspective it's sickening to see him in a Cardiff shirt but if someone offered me let's say £10k more per week compared to the next best offer and the chance to play at the top level then I would take it, City fan or not.

I wonder if City might’ve also said, seeing as it’s Cardiff you’ll need to offer that bit more.

Good luck and all the best to Bobby, hope he sets the Premier League on fire and secures a better move in January!

I just wish Bournemouth had followed up on their early interest. 

A Bristol City man through and through, and who knows, may make a triumphant return to Ashton Gate in a year or two.

Very annoyed at those here criticising his move.

Would a single one of them turn down the opportunity of earning what Reid is going to earn ?

Would a single one of them give up on a chance to do whatever they do at the highest level ?

The answer is no they wouldn't.

If someone now replies and says they would, then they need seriously to think about seeking medical advice asap

Archived