IGNORED

Diedhiou

John Galley

Presuming this is not over turned then that would suggest the evidence is good.

In that case do people still want him wearing the red shirt cos I don’t - would rather he was sold and replaced with somebody who does not think that vile act is acceptable.

If it was another team we would all be slaying him but as it is ours and we lost Bobby I’m sure it will be overlooked !!

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

In that case do people still want him wearing the red shirt cos I don’t - would rather he was sold and replaced with somebody who does not think that vile act is acceptable.

If it was another team we would all be slaying him but as it is ours and we lost Bobby I’m sure it will be overlooked !!

El Hadji Diouf springs to mind Neo.. admittedly he had other deplorable trait's, but, how many people were disgusted by his actions? Having not seen the footage it's hard to have a balanced view. But spitting is spitting and I for one find it difficult to defend his actions because he is one of ours!

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

What is the evidence though?? That’s what is confusing everyone. No one saw anything at the time and the tv pictures show nothing. Bizarre.

If he’s done it then he needs to except his punishment but once he’s served his sentence so to speak, hopefully he would’ve learnt from it and won’t do it again. Everyone deserves a second chance, if he does it again then it’s a different story. That’s all presuming that he is guilty.

29 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

El Hadji Diouf springs to mind Neo.. admittedly he had other deplorable trait's, but, how many people were disgusted by his actions? Having not seen the footage it's hard to have a balanced view. But spitting is spitting and I for one find it difficult to defend his actions because he is one of ours!

You have jumped forward and assumed he is guilty, he has said he did not, and even swore on his kid's lives he did not, but you assume he did it. The club obviously thinks he didn't do it either, hence the appeal, so what do you know that we don't?

25 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

What is the evidence though?? That’s what is confusing everyone. No one saw anything at the time and the tv pictures show nothing. Bizarre.

I don’t think the FA go about giving bans for such acts on word of mouth and his word against his

Some fans there (and I was not one) did comment at the time that they saw the supposed victim lose it for a few seconds and go after Fammy so presumably a complaint was made but there has to be a video showing some evidence for the FA to give out that punishment.

It would be nice if the club was more forthcoming on the grounds for appeal as it would help more.

Is it :-

he never spat full stop

or is it yes he spat but just clearing mucus and not aimed in any direction

or is it the guy ran passed so could appear an innocent clearance was aimed in his direction.

We don’t know but I still maintain if appeal is not successful the evidence against has to clear.

I do not subscribe to stupid theories that the FA have got it in for us and I do not believe they will give this ban and the label that comes with it to a player unless convinced he did the crime.

15 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

If he’s done it then he needs to except his punishment but once he’s served his sentence so to speak, hopefully he would’ve learnt from it and won’t do it again. Everyone deserves a second chance, if he does it again then it’s a different story. That’s all presuming that he is guilty.

100% serious hand on heart question. If this was a Rovers player we were commenting on would you still state he deserves a chance to show it was a one-off or calling for the person to be kicked out the game?

In short are you forgiving (if he even did anything) because you know we can’t really afford to lose him with the current state of the squad (albeit there is  time to strengthen and replace)

7 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

I think spitting at people is disgusting and would give a rovers player stick for it but wouldn’t try creating new rules to get them kicked out of the game completely I’d just expect them to face the correct punishment.

Kicked out the game was bad wording - I suppose I meant would you be stating (as I would I think) if they have any pride they should be getting rid - which is why I am now favouring us getting rid (if proven with strong evidence) as otherwise I’m a hypocrite!!

28 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You have jumped forward and assumed he is guilty, he has said he did not, and even swore on his kid's lives he did not, but you assume he did it. The club obviously thinks he didn't do it either, hence the appeal, so what do you know that we don't?

I have stated that I have not seen the footage for a balanced view. So no assumption of guilt on my part. Although a 6 game ban suggests that what evidence is available appears to be conclusive. So on the balance of probability my assumption as you call it, is based on that. 

Still no written reasons published by the FA at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/written-reasons - they publish some so no idea why Diedhiou's case wouldn't make the cut for publishing.

Suspension isn't listed either: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions though that listing is a bit of an all-round mess (I'm guessing Samir Carruthers has served his 1 game ban from December 2016!).

19 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Still no written reasons published by the FA at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/written-reasons - they publish some so no idea why Diedhiou's case wouldn't make the cut for publishing.

Suspension isn't listed either: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions though that listing is a bit of an all-round mess (I'm guessing Samir Carruthers has served his 1 game ban from December 2016!).

Just had a look on there and searched Saiz`s ban for spitting and there aren`t any written reasons for that either as far as I can see. As you say though, the site`s a bit of a mess.

If he is guilty and it's proved at the appeal then he deserves the ban, that is unacceptable behaviour. But in his defence he does come in for a lot of "physical attention" from the  opposition some of which boarders on assault. When you get this week in week out the frustration is bound to build up. If the appeal is turned down LJ has to pull him to one side and tell him if there is a next time he's out.

I find this incident strange for a number of reasons

1) noone saw it in the ground at the time

2) nothing was mentioned for weeks after the alleged incident even by birmingham

3) no evidence has been provided by the fa

4) the club has got their legal team in on this. 

5) the fa made some questionable disciplinary decisions last year (bayley, the carlisle players ‘diving’ the player who raised his hands to bayley getting his ban recinded) 

The player and the club are both adament it did not happen. Until I see evidence to the contary I will believe the club over the FA every day of the week.

4 minutes ago, BCFC1990 said:

2) nothing was mentioned for weeks after the alleged incident even by birmingham

5) the fa made some questionable disciplinary decisions last year (bayley, the carlisle players ‘diving’ the player who raised his hands to bayley getting his ban recinded) 

The player and the club are both adament it did not happen. Until I see evidence to the contary I will believe the club over the FA every day of the week.

Exactly the FA could put this to bed in a second by releasing the evidence they've got to convict him. Why haven't they done this?

9 minutes ago, BCFC1990 said:

I certainly remember the coming together, the Brum player stopping Famara getting on with the game, and then another skirmish as they ran toward the centre of the pitch.

Its Fair to say something went on....but no idea whether Famara spat, or what happened during their tussle.

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Which is what makes this incident even more bizarre. If you or me were spat at we would’ve reacted. Well I certainly would’ve of. But no Brum player did, there was nothing until a month after the game!?

Seems very odd imo. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I certainly remember the coming together, the Brum player stopping Famara getting on with the game, and then another skirmish as they ran toward the centre of the pitch.

Its Fair to say something went on....but no idea whether Famara spat, or what happened during their tussle.

This is what I mean, no deal was made of it at the time. I’m sure if they had been spat on then there would’ve been more than just words exchanged etc. 

On 01/07/2018 at 16:29, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Which is what makes this incident even more bizarre. If you or me were spat at we would’ve reacted. Well I certainly would’ve of. But no Brum player did, there was nothing until a month after the game!?

Seems very odd imo. 

Perhaps he spat very slowly ? 

This is doing my head in waiting for this:grr:. How ******* hard can it be?

He did it and there is evidence = 6 game ban

There is no evidence = no 6 game ban.

If it's possible to get someone a 6 game ban on hearsay then it would be happening all the time!

I don't trust the FA at all and this case is murky as anything. If the allegations are eventually proved true then talk of slinging FD out of the club and out of the game is ludicrous. Yes spitting is disgusting but people make stupid mistakes. If nobody ever got a second chance there wouldn't be enough permanent naughty steps to go around.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

So apparently we find out tomorrow. With LJ and Fam traveling to London . Really hope it’s good news

Good news  for them.

The FA offices are within spitting distance of Paddington station.

Archived