IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Just worried that apparently he is injury prone. That's him, Pisano, Baker, Webster and Hegeler all injury prone players in our defence.

He's averaged 32 games a season over 8 seasons, so can't be anything too bad. 33-34-32 in the prior 3 seasons to the one just finished. Not sure why he only played 20 last season (guessing injury!)

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So, signings from Norwich, Ipswich, Scunny, Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, with a goalkeeper undoubtedly to come.

Huge change of policy, really like this lad, very good signing.

Yep, all looking good ATM. If the fees are to be believed too (for what it`s worth I don`t think they`re too far off the mark) what we got for Bobby has paid for all of them with £2m left over.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep, all looking good ATM. If the fees are to be believed too (for what it`s worth I don`t think they`re too far off the mark) what we got for Bobby has paid for all of them with £2m left over.

Seems like the £9m up front for Bobby;

Watkins £1m, Adelakun (tribunal, so maybe £700k) Webster £3.5m, Weimann £2m & Hunt £1.6m, about £9m.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Seems like more than the £9m up front for Bobby;

Watkins £1m, Adelakun (tribunal, so maybe £700k) Webster £3.5m, Weimann £3m & Hunt £1.6m, about £10m.

I had Adelekun at 500k, Webster £3m and Weimann £2m but even if your figures are correct five good (hopefully!) players for the price of just over one looks pretty good business IMO.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had Adelekun at 500k, Webster £3m and Weimann £2m but even if your figures are correct five good (hopefully!) players for the price of just over one looks pretty good business IMO.

You’re right about Weimann, edited it.

For now either way Adelakun is a guess, but agree 100%.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Some big wages in there I think. I know we have shed a bit but probably gained more. Mind you with player sale we can afford that a bit especially as FFP is a 3 year window and all these deals are for 3 season. Think you can do it being a selling club just have to be shrewd. Hopefully we can limit are outgoings in the not so distant future though

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Some big wages in there I think. I know we have shed a bit but probably gained more. Mind you with player sale we can afford that a bit especially as FFP is a 3 year window and all these deals are for 3 season. Think you can do it being a selling club just have to be shrewd. Hopefully we can limit are outgoings in the not so distant future though

Lost O’Neil, Flint, Steele, Magnússon, Golbourne, Reid & Engvall from the wage bill though..

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seems like the £9m up front for Bobby;

Watkins £1m, Adelakun (tribunal, so maybe £700k) Webster £3.5m, Weimann £2m & Hunt £1.6m, about £9m.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You’re right about Weimann, edited it.

For now either way Adelakun is a guess, but agree 100%.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

@Davefevs

can you help clear this up. Always enjoy reading your posts on this matter 

43 minutes ago, Arkateee said:

Great bit of business this, and much needed competition for pisano. I would welcome this with open arms. 

Competition for Pisano? Be surprised if we ever see him in a City shirt again. Well out of his depth in the championship! 

46 minutes ago, daored said:

@Owl Visiting any thoughts ?

He's much better as a wing-back than as a full-back in a traditional back 4. He's not great defensively but then very few players in his position seem to be these days. We're already weak in the right and left back department so very surprised about this news. 1.6 million seems a bargain really by today's crazy standards.

Like any player of his type he splits the fans, some will be glad to see him go, but I think the majority recognise he's a decent Championship right-back. I worry where we'll turn to replace him.

I think he'll be a good signing for you. 

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So, signings from Norwich, Ipswich, Scunny, Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, with a goalkeeper undoubtedly to come.

Huge change of policy, really like this lad, very good signing.

Yes this is very noticeable. Any signing is a gamble but buying Championship experienced players surely removes some of the problems we have had.

Sometimes it’s better to pay a bit more and invest in quality in life in general and with footballers it seems. Is there a saying something like ‘buy cheap and buy twice’?  We certainly have lost a bit by looking too far in the future and not getting enough quality to make it work. It seems we have changed policy and done our homework more throughly this season. 

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

He's much better as a wing-back than as a full-back in a traditional back 4. He's not great defensively but then very few players in his position seem to be these days. We're already weak in the right and left back department so very surprised about this news. 1.6 million seems a bargain really by today's crazy standards.

Like any player of his type he splits the fans, some will be glad to see him go, but I think the majority recognise he's a decent Championship right-back. I worry where we'll turn to replace him.

I think he'll be a good signing for you. 

could you sell us baz bannan too OV cash up front honest....

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

My mate said of him;

"He's our first choice right back, very good as a wing back in a 3-5-2, not so reliable as an outright defender. A bit injury prone. Would surprise me if we're considering selling him tbh."

I think your mate is in for a disappointing surprise as it sounds done to me. :sad26:

Hola, looks like you are due to sign Jack Hunt from us for £1.5-1.75m reported. In truth he's a decent right back for top half teams at this level, with plenty of pace and is well suited to a 3-5-2. Not going to do that thing of 'not bothered he's going as he's crap blah blah'. I'll summarise him for you. 

Strengths. Really good pace, agility, work rate, attitude and professionalism. Ball control and passing is good at this level. 

Weaknesses. Can be injury prone, wasteful with crosses, doesn't score or assist enough from the positions he gets into. 

You could probably attribute the same strengths and weaknesses to a lot of players at this level though.

Overall I think it's value for money for both clubs. Especially as we need to refresh a squad that hasn't quite done it over the last 3 years. 

:cool2:

Archived