IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree with @Olé's post in so far as the necessity to buy a few Championship ready players inevitably has the knock on effect of putting the process on hold, to an extent, for now.

LJ knows he is expected to produce a very competitive team very quickly, even after losing 3 or 4 mainstays, and the cash, and encouragement from above, is there to help him do so.

With the scale and importance of the outgoings the transfer targets this window were always going to be more 'for now' anyway imo, and under the circumstances this change in transfer policy would likely have received the blessings of all concerned.

It increases the pressure on him as well. If these are the players he wants and he's having a more definitive say on signings then it leaves him little room for manoeuvre if they don't work out.

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It increases the pressure on him as well. If these are the players he wants and he's having a more definitive say on signings then it leaves him little room for manoeuvre if they don't work out.

I think the ' pressure ' is very much on LJ following our collapse last season.

I don't buy all this rubbish that LJ had players ' forced ' on him and he showed petulance by not playing them .

He needs to deliver this year or, make no mistake, he will be replaced.

Uncle Steve continues to support him and rightly so but he will not , in my opinion, let the project stall is. If LJ.  doesn't get off to a good solid start to next season.

LJ  is an intelligent man and he knows this too .

4 minutes ago, City Ben said:

What does “deliver” mean here? Promotion or he’s sacked, you think? 

More so that we perform more consistently and are up or around the play off zone .

No one can guarantee promotion but a coach should show himself capable to maintain a solid campaign with what is at his disposal.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

I think the reasons for the change in policy are more obvious. The project is on hold.

This is a make or break season for LJ - we heard it in SL's interview after the last day.

I thought it was just lip service but the way the summer is going I think LJ is worried.

He's not about to trust the season to "ones for the future" as it may not be his future!

I don't know all these players but I applaud City for finally taking a lower risk approach.

I really don't think that is the case at all, the project remains the same, but it has evolved as has our situation as a club, not one of the players we have signed is older than 27, and each one has the potential to be sold on if necessary / an acceptable offer is recieved for a large profit.

After our season jsut gone with teh cup run and the fact that our profile has been massively raised, we are in a position to sign players who more than have the ability to perfrom at this level, but all have either been bought for their potential (Webster, Adelakun) or on the fact that they are solid players at this level but if they can re-capture their form will be exceptional at this level (Watkins, Wiemann)

Abandoning the project would be spunking the 20 million we have jsut banked on the likes of Grabban and Asombalonga, the project has evolved but we are now fishing in a better pool than we were last season.

Archived