IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

40 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Reminded me of this:

A Classic sketch (( the original version is the funniest) still makes me laugh out loud, even though I know what's coming next. 

"i've got nothing against your right leg..........the problem is , neither have you! "  :laughcont:

Peter Cooke said that he wrote this sketch when he was aged 18 and never topped it!

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

well robbo if it's a successful transfer its due to others as LJ has no say, if its a failure its down to LJ as he has the final say,

You should know that by now

I’d refer you to the posts I’ve put in other threads. At a recruitment meeting in May, LJ said he was now being given more ‘control’ over transfers. 

So yes, prior to this summer LJ wasn’t in control of incomings, but he has now demanded to be so. And you can see the difference in the targets that this is clearly the case. 

16 hours ago, Whites said:

One of the first names on the team sheet for me, is not in any of those two teams. Have I missed something? 

I am expecting Pack to be moved on plus I think we need to mix it up a bit in midfield, I would like to see Brown hill alongside Smith or Pack.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’d refer you to the posts I’ve put in other threads. At a recruitment meeting in May, LJ said he was now being given more ‘control’ over transfers. 

So yes, prior to this summer LJ wasn’t in control of incomings, but he has now demanded to be so. And you can see the difference in the targets that this is clearly the case. 

What do you think was Ashton's angle then with the transfers? Are his KPI's different to LJ's in that he is judged on transfer revenue? Hence the leaning towards young players with sell on..

Which signings would you guess were Ashton's influence? Seen a few people suggest Engvall and Eliasson

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thank god! He can finally get the team he wants instead of someone upstairs signing players based of football manager

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If that's right then that was a diabolical way of buying players. I had a feeling he never wanted quite a number of signings we made. The foreign ones mainly. 

It puts a different slant on, for instance, LJ throwing Magnússon under the bus after that Preston game when singling him out for criticism. Perhaps it wasn't personal but instead LJ's way of having a dig about Ashton's control over transfers at that time??

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It puts a different slant on, for instance, LJ throwing Magnússon under the bus after that Preston game when singling him out for criticism. Perhaps it wasn't personal but instead LJ's way of having a dig about Ashton's control over transfers at that time??

What you on about? Johnson said Magnússon was recommended to HIM from one of his Italian mates!

Whatever is meant by 'having more control over transfers' the inference that MA has perhaps overseen the signing of players LJ doesn't particularly want, or even against his will, goes against what LJ himself has said numerous times.

That being that LJ himself (not SL,JL or MA) has the definitive and final 'yes' or 'no' say on every incoming transfer.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Whatever is meant by 'having more control over transfers' the inference that MA has perhaps overseen the signing of players LJ doesn't particularly want, or even against his will, goes against what LJ himself has said numerous times.

That being that LJ himself (not SL,JL or MA) has the definitive and final 'yes' or 'no' say on every incoming transfer.

Asked about a signing LJ “Don’t know much about the bloke but my boss said he is top quality.”

Asked about a signing LJ “I asked for another player but got this one instead.”

IF Mark Ashton was having too much say on transfers then there wasn’t much LJ could do. He was either asked to say he get final say or was being professional in a tough time. If true I am not sure you can place any blame on LJ

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If that's right then that was a diabolical way of buying players. I had a feeling he never wanted quite a number of signings we made. The foreign ones mainly. 

Strange 

Because at the Q&A he spent some time taking us thro his blow by blow account how he’d identified Eliasson as a target

Certainly not seen or heard much from MA over the last few months so maybe he has been told to wind his neck in and just do the commercial elements of any transfer deals and leave the player recruitment to the coaching staff and analysis team

58 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Then it doesn't put a different slant on it. Next!

Whether it puts a different slant on it or not from your point of view doesn’t matter. Magnússon was a Lee Johnson signing end of. 

Some people imagine things and then come on here thinking everyone is interested in there opinions. Honestly, haven’t you got something better to do with your time!

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Asked about a signing LJ “Don’t know much about the bloke but my boss said he is top quality.”

IF Mark Ashton was having too much say on transfers then there wasn’t much LJ could do. He was either asked to say he get final say or was being professional in a tough time. If true I am not sure you can place any blame on LJ

I don't know why you're making up alternative scenarios.

We've been told the analysts, MA and LJ himself all put forward names for the list.

When we require a particular position MA makes enquiries as to which of those players are actually suitable for BCFC as regards wage, DNA/ character, contract length etc. and he whittles it right down to the best 1 or 2.

LJ makes his choice (or says no to all,of them, and the search continues ) and MA sorts out the financial stuff to conclude the transfer.

What do you mean exactly when you say  you think MA was having too much say on transfers?

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactly. My main quibble with Cotts toward the end was that he felt the need to air his disagreements with the club in public. If you're working in a managerial role in an organisation then, whether you like it or not, you should publicly back the organisational position and contest it in private. If you reach a point where you are not able to do that, that is the time to walk away.

Christ knows I've  on occasion when working for (admittedly small) organisations where I've found myself been in a position where I've had to talk to the public or to customers or occasionally even the press and had to defend positions we'd agreed to take that I'd not actually personally supported. It's frustrating but, unless or until it is a resignation matter, you just suck it up and keep making the case internally. 

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We've been told the analysts, MA and LJ himself all put forward names for the list.

When we require a particular position MA makes enquiries as to which of those players are actually suitable for BCFC as regards wage, DNA/ character, contract length etc. and he whittles it right down to the best 1 or 2.

LJ makes his choice (or says no to all,of them, and the search continues ) and MA sorts out the financial stuff to conclude the transfer.

What do you mean exactly when you say  you think MA was having too much say on transfers?

What we have been told and what was/is actually happening are two different things. There have been rumblings that MA was too involved in the scouting side of things in the past. Based on our business thus far it would appear something has changes. 

The scenarios were used as an example. We don’t know for sure but if MA was too involved it is not impossible that LJ was asked/coached to say things in the media that weren’t exactly true/things he agreed with. Also not impossible he was being a strict professional trying to make the best of a bad situation. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Think this is the case imo. Plenty of signings especially from foreign shores not used by LJ . He has to say the right things to the press regarding them but the evidence stacks up. 

1 hour ago, swanker said:

What you on about? Johnson said Magnússon was recommended to HIM from one of his Italian mates!

Marco Ashtonio?

41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's my understanding of how the incoming transfers work as well.

What I don't quite get is why some posters think that LJ has little or no say in transfers - a ludicrous idea.................:disapointed2se:

35 minutes ago, shelts said:

Personally I think Gary Johnson is still managing our club and Lee is his puppet 

then you are deluded its quite something to manage two clubs at the same time that play on the same day both with different ambitions and goals as well as differen't budgets 

Archived