IGNORED

Community Match - Bitton

Bristol Rob

City's pre-season kicks off with their annual community fixture, which this year is with South Gloucestershire side Bitton AFC.

The day is a special one in the City calendar. It's a day which not only indicates a new season being on the horizon, but it's it's one where everyone gets involved for a great day out.

It's the community who will be the winners for today's (Sunday, July 8th) event, regardless of what happens on the pitch.

That's because all proceeds raised from the day, which is sponsored by ETM Recycling, will be split between the the Robin's official charity, the Bristol City Community Trust and Bitton AFC.

The match at the WDS Associates Legal Services Stadium (BS30 6HX), where the capacity has been set to 2,000. kicks off at 2pm. Any remaining tickets can be purchased today, by cash only.

The Community Trust will be at the venue from 12noon, delivering a range of football-fun activities, free of charge, to supporters of all ages and abilities ahead of kick-off.

Had a ticket but couldn't make it, Sunday transport is terrible getting out of Stroud. Can't really take much out of these friendlies but it's always good to get the lads out and about and supporting local footie sides at the same time. Lovely day for it too. Come on you reds. 

13 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

Had a ticket but couldn't make it, Sunday transport is terrible getting out of Stroud. Can't really take much out of these friendlies but it's always good to get the lads out and about and supporting local footie sides at the same time. Lovely day for it too. Come on you reds. 

Well, on the plus side, at least you put a bit of money in their coffers.

Is warm. Second team on was more first team than the first 30 min. Bitton did try and come out and play some football for a bit and have defended well but 2-0 at HT. Taylor scored one from around penalty spot keeper unsighted and through his legs. Pato a good striker that I am sure took a deflection but looked on target either way. Second team today barely let Bitton touch the ball. Enjoyable enough first 45

12 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Saw the number 2 and a shiver went through me

Made I laugh mate. But also think that poor bloke must have been suffering. Maybe Coppell could have made better enquiries. Maybe SL could have made better enquiries about Coppell?

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Joe Bryan still involved - he's a good lad.  I've got a hunch he'll still be with City this season.

I think we may be in talks with him about interest from the level above but if it doesn’t come I imagine we have a deal on the tavle for him 

Archived