IGNORED

Community Match - Bitton

Bristol Rob

37 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

GFA apparently, as they were reffing today

The minute's silence was for Bob Boyd, former chairman of Bitton and a well known manager of many local football teams including Bath City. His son Rob is assistant manager at Weston these days.

Bob almost took Minehead into the Football League in the mid-1970's, just missing out to Wimbledon. Passed away recently sadly. 

And Bitton play on a Saturday, Toolstation Western League Premier Division, same as us. 

Edit - sorry, started typing reply out when no one had replied! :P

4 minutes ago, Hengrovian said:

The minute's silence was for Bob Boyd, former chairman of Bitton and a well known manager of many local football teams including Bath City. His son Rob is assistant manager at Weston these days.

Bob almost took Minehead into the Football League in the mid-1970's, just missing out to Wimbledon. Passed away recently sadly. 

And Bitton play on a Saturday, Toolstation Western League Premier Division, same as us. 

Edit - sorry, started typing reply out when no one had replied! :P

Good job our media team knew...

B1CDDDED-5CB5-4F61-9A56-00D82781F51F.png

Give a quick breakdown of what I saw.

In the first XI saw a mix of academy and first team boys. Bitton were up for it early on and tried to get a few balls into the box. By 20 min in think their energy dipped a bit with the sustained city pressure. Back 4 not much to do. Hunt and Bryan tried to get forward. Hunt in particular tried to get balls into the box and is quite vocal. More to receive the ball than anything but everyone seemed quiet bar one. Korey Smith that one and he oozes captaincy and leadership. Always on the ball, always talking and always moving. Watkins is a big lad and a good finisher going by warm ups(rarely scuffs one). Thought was a bit quiet in the game but like I said first 15-20 think their energy even it out. Weimann same as Watkins really. Can really finish in warm ups. Him and Taylor looked for chances and each had a few shots. Nothing too noteworthy though. Even Taylors goal had a bit of luck involved as he had a few defenders around him and fired a shot low and at the keeper. Keeper unsighted and through his legs. Eliasson looked quiet too for a bit but he started picking up pockets of space centrally and homestly looked a serious threat. So though you expect it with the gap in levels, Eliasson probably the best for me in the first team. 

Second team was more around the first team with I think only Pring from the development side. Pring did looked closer to a Bitton player than City one but worked hard and done his job well enough. Pato and Pack centrally saw a lot of the ball. Almost more of a diamond at times with Brownhill and Adelakun wide and Pato further forward. Again probably because they were dominant moreso than a change of system. They pressed Bitton and dominated the 30 min. With no HT think they score 4-5 instead of the 2. Everyone there impressed really. 

Third team was all academy. They were playing mostly Bitton reserves I think. They dominated possesion but lacked a bit of composure in the final third. I did a little summary of them already so will leave this as is. 

Was a good day and good to see all the old faces and the new ones! It was hot and the sun was behind us(the misses and I). Sunburnt our calves but to be expected but plenty of drinks and ice cream on offer to ease the heat. Back to football if I had to pick a few things from today that impressed me I would say that they were

1) Weimann and Watkins can finish. They don’t scuff many and strike it true. Watkins can hit the same spot to the keepers left and did so 4-5 times in a row. Weimann hits them hard and to corners. Was a bit less true of a striker in game though but pitch wasnmt great.

2) Max O’Leary looks the part now. The baby face is gone and his frame looks strong. A couple inches taller than Fielding(probably 6’2 or so) and looks confident. I don’t think it would be as risky as some think if he is our #2 for the season. GK needed but think Max may be fine. 

3) At this level you can see why some players are worth the money even if they don’t always fit a team. Eliasson, Diediou and Paterson in particular. They have games where we all say we don’t know how they are good enough for the championship but watching them out there today they outclass everyone. Talent is unquestioned even if they are asked to do roles that don’t suit them. 

58 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Well they are sunday league players aren't they? Unless their league is played on a Saturday? 

No they aren't. 

They play in the toolstation western premier division, a league below manor farm. 

It's actually highly competitive and I know a few people on here go to games at that level. 

If a Sunday league team did play bitton, they would be hammered, there are some very decent players at that level

41 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No they aren't. 

They play in the toolstation western premier division, a league below manor farm. 

It's actually highly competitive and I know a few people on here go to games at that level. 

If a Sunday league team did play bitton, they would be hammered, there are some very decent players at that level

Correct, this is the kinda level where you get the odd team making a run in the FA Cup.  Many clubs at this level might have the odd ex-pro or more likely younger players who’ve been at academy level but not made the grade.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Give a quick breakdown of what I saw.

In the first XI saw a mix of academy and first team boys. Bitton were up for it early on and tried to get a few balls into the box. By 20 min in think their energy dipped a bit with the sustained city pressure. Back 4 not much to do. Hunt and Bryan tried to get forward. Hunt in particular tried to get balls into the box and is quite vocal. More to receive the ball than anything but everyone seemed quiet bar one. Korey Smith that one and he oozes captaincy and leadership. Always on the ball, always talking and always moving. Watkins is a big lad and a good finisher going by warm ups(rarely scuffs one). Thought was a bit quiet in the game but like I said first 15-20 think their energy even it out. Weimann same as Watkins really. Can really finish in warm ups. Him and Taylor looked for chances and each had a few shots. Nothing too noteworthy though. Even Taylors goal had a bit of luck involved as he had a few defenders around him and fired a shot low and at the keeper. Keeper unsighted and through his legs. Eliasson looked quiet too for a bit but he started picking up pockets of space centrally and homestly looked a serious threat. So though you expect it with the gap in levels, Eliasson probably the best for me in the first team. 

Second team was more around the first team with I think only Pring from the development side. Pring did looked closer to a Bitton player than City one but worked hard and done his job well enough. Pato and Pack centrally saw a lot of the ball. Almost more of a diamond at times with Brownhill and Adelakun wide and Pato further forward. Again probably because they were dominant moreso than a change of system. They pressed Bitton and dominated the 30 min. With no HT think they score 4-5 instead of the 2. Everyone there impressed really. 

Third team was all academy. They were playing mostly Bitton reserves I think. They dominated possesion but lacked a bit of composure in the final third. I did a little summary of them already so will leave this as is. 

Was a good day and good to see all the old faces and the new ones! It was hot and the sun was behind us(the misses and I). Sunburnt our calves but to be expected but plenty of drinks and ice cream on offer to ease the heat. Back to football if I had to pick a few things from today that impressed me I would say that they were

1) Weimann and Watkins can finish. They don’t scuff many and strike it true. Watkins can hit the same spot to the keepers left and did so 4-5 times in a row. Weimann hits them hard and to corners. Was a bit less true of a striker in game though but pitch wasnmt great.

2) Max O’Leary looks the part now. The baby face is gone and his frame looks strong. A couple inches taller than Fielding(probably 6’2 or so) and looks confident. I don’t think it would be as risky as some think if he is our #2 for the season. GK needed but think Max may be fine. 

3) At this level you can see why some players are worth the money even if they don’t always fit a team. Eliasson, Diediou and Paterson in particular. They have games where we all say we don’t know how they are good enough for the championship but watching them out there today they outclass everyone. Talent is unquestioned even if they are asked to do roles that don’t suit them. 

Good report.  You only missed what I thought was the outstanding moment of the first 30 minutes when a (ahem) older supporter beautifully trapped the ball beyond the touchline and delivered a lovely little flick to Eliasson.  Immaculate, though I say so myself.  

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Good report.  You only missed what I thought was the outstanding moment of the first 30 minutes when a (ahem) older supporter beautifully trapped the ball beyond the touchline and delivered a lovely little flick to Eliasson.  Immaculate, though I say so myself.  

Any idea who it was?

2 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Probably looked brilliant considering he was playing against sunday league players

Obviously never played the game. Not that it’s relevent I suppose. But even those who’ve played at parks level are aware of western league clubs I’d suggest. Good that you know your sport though.

I thought it was a decent afternoon and I liked the use of three different teams for 30 minutes apiece. I wouldn’t read anything into the result but ex the players looked fit and there was some nice interlinks of play. Paterson’s role in central mid behind the forwards was interesting. Taylor and Weimann looked sharp and Diedhiou really up for work. Taylor Moore looked like he had filled out to me. If the u23s Bakinson is a beast at that level. George Downing looked a proper player. 

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Go get him LJ!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Correct, this is the kinda level where you get the odd team making a run in the FA Cup.  Many clubs at this level might have the odd ex-pro or more likely younger players who’ve been at academy level but not made the grade.

You only have to go 2-3 divisions above Bitton to see a sprinkling of Semi Pro sides.

Not sure if they went up last season- if not then Rushden and Diamonds are just 2 levels above Bitton.

59 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Was that the pragmatic chap from the Dolman?

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I must have misssed it! I doubt anyone bar myself remembers me saving my misses face from wide Famara Diedhiou shot either though. Was fuming I didn’t catch it tbh

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought Bob was a Director at City, not the chairman? Every mention of his very sad passing talks of him being a Director, can’t think the club would get this incorrect?

I can considering who’s left to man the media at the club

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

You only have to go 2-3 divisions above Bitton to see a sprinkling of Semi Pro sides.

Not sure if they went up last season- if not then Rushden and Diamonds are just 2 levels above Bitton.

In the days of playing against the likes of Tiverton, Mangotsfield and Taunton at the same level as Bitton are today, there was done serious wedge being handed out.  Not semi-pro, but significantly more than beer money too.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In the days of playing against the likes of Tiverton, Mangotsfield and Taunton at the same level as Bitton are today, there was done serious wedge being handed out.  Not semi-pro, but significantly more than beer money too.

Manor Farm have recently signed 2 players from a division or two above themselves, and I suspect aren't paying too badly.

I have heard that, short-medium term they are aiming for Conference footballl (may have been Conference South).

Long term they want better, but huge milestones to overcome before that can happen, not least a stadium!

Just one thing though,

22 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Couple of goals for the new forwards today hopefully. Bobby’s ridiculous season started with a rip-roaring pre-season. 

Andi Weimann brace - you heard it here first :city:

20 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Matty Taylor brace, here we go

...wtf is wrong with our players teeth don't we have a club dentist? … :yawn:

15 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just one thing though,

...wtf is wrong with our players teeth don't we have a club dentist? … :yawn:

FFP has gone too far. PSG spend 200mil on Neymar and our boys aren’t even allowed dental. 

Archived