IGNORED

Community Match - Bitton

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think we may be in talks with him about interest from the level above but if it doesn’t come I imagine we have a deal on the tavle for him 

If I was in his shoes I'd stay at City this season, see if the club looks like kicking onto the next level, if so, sign a new contract with improved terms.

48 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

Had a ticket but couldn't make it, Sunday transport is terrible getting out of Stroud. Can't really take much out of these friendlies but it's always good to get the lads out and about and supporting local footie sides at the same time. Lovely day for it too. Come on you reds. 

Have to agree with you, public transport is absolutely 5h1t and a complete joke. I'd really like to use it more myself but it's just so pi55 poor.

Lucky for me that as Chairman of First Bus I have my own chauffeur driven limo. 

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Paterson playing CM is interesting. Great finish for his goal. 

Just to fill out the squad. Wilbraham played CB a couple years ago in this game. Wouldn’t read too much into it. Though every team has been 442

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure who scored 3rd. BP saying Diedhiou, City twitter saying Adelukan

Adelakun for sure

O'Dowda here, just not playing. No sign of Heggler,wright or Kelly. Is Bailey still going to be team captain next year?

A bit strange he's not here for thus match in a community capacity. Hunt looks an upgrade at right back at least. Although of course it is only Bitton. 

From the young ones a few look tidy. Think it is more Bitton reserves out there now but ball barely been out of their half.

I say it every time but Dowling looks a footballer. His build, the way he runs around the pitch, his touch etc. Filling in at RB today but very tidy and very strong.

Bakinson gangly but very smooth movement. Touch turn pass. Doesn’t get caught on the ball much. 

Holden and Hinds had good movement up front. Hinds a but selfish with some shots but ran everywhere finding space and channels to get in to. 

Was a good day and start of the season for me. 

11 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

O'Dowda here, just not playing. No sign of Heggler,wright or Kelly. Is Bailey still going to be team captain next year?

A bit strange he's not here for thus match in a community capacity. Hunt looks an upgrade at right back at least. Although of course it is only Bitton. 

Wright’s there in the stand.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not a fan of these friendlies whilst the WC is still on. The season after a tournament should start and end two weeks later in my opinion.

Scottish, Welsh and Irish clubs are competing in Europe this coming week, so their season has started.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Someone said earlier on here that Pato played central midfield. Is that right? And how did he look? 

Looked fine but again wouldn’t read too much into it as it was a way to get 33 different players some minutes. That said you get the sense he enjoys playing centrally. 

22 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Why, and for whom, did they hold a minute's silence before the game?

Can’t remember but vaguely remember something about a former chairman for city? May not be right. 

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Scottish, Welsh and Irish clubs are competing in Europe this coming week, so their season has started.

Loads of europa league qualifiers been played. Bet on a few. 

31 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Great atmosphere today despite some scrappy football, cracking goal from pato mind though. Thought Abdelakuun looked very strong and confident on the ball today, hope to see him make an impact for us this season.

Agree re Adelakun. Pato goal was a deflection but think it was on target either way. 

30 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Well they are sunday league players aren't they? Unless their league is played on a Saturday? 

Pretty sure they play on Saturdays. I am not sure how the football pyramid works at that level but if I read it right, they are two levels below conference south. Same as Hengrove who we played a couple years ago. A league below Bristol Manor Farm who we played last summer. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Webster likes a header mind 

Won a fair few though hard to tell how it translates to championship standard. 

53 minutes ago, gordie said:

That's a bit derogatory isn't it???

Very much so.

35 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Well they are sunday league players aren't they? Unless their league is played on a Saturday? 

It is played on a Saturday and is many levels higher than Sunday League.

Archived