IGNORED

Photo released of the man who nicks you at 34 in a 30 zone

oldstandrobin

On 18/07/2018 at 17:26, BigTone said:

The law is the law and he's just doing his job

Lets see the law targeting drivers on mobile phones or clamping down on motorcycles with loud exhausts or dealing with cyclist who go through red lights or cars that have one headlight working. I could go on forever

.Meanwhile as a motorcyclist i face real danger every day because of the roads being so poor but the authorities don't seem to care about that.

20 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Lets see the law targeting drivers on mobile phones or clamping down on motorcycles with loud exhausts or dealing with cyclist who go through red lights or cars that have one headlight working. I could go on forever

.Meanwhile as a motorcyclist i face real danger every day because of the roads being so poor but the authorities don't seem to care about that.

I agree with you Barry. Add to the list pedestrians walking across the road while playing with their mobile phone.

On 23/07/2018 at 12:24, Barry Sheene said:

Have you tried 'slowing down' a bit??

On 18/07/2018 at 11:15, Distortia said:

Yeah, to be honest on this I agree with what has already been said by @Redinthehead. If you begin to slack on this is sets a dangerous precedent - if we allow (say) 34 then people will soon complain about not being allowed to go 35, 36 and 37. I think it's pretty important to keep standards on these things, not least because public safety is obviously a big concern, but because people don't appear to be able to be trusted when granted leeway in things like this.

Just watching the news this morning and a taxi driver in Birmingham had a brick thrown at his car that smashed his windscreen. He phoned the police who took no action whatsoever. When questioned about the incident the chief constable basically said this is the norm now, we can't chase up every crime. 

But don't worry because yesterday morning i saw a speed van parked up in Hillfields trying to nick people in a 20 miles an hour zone.  I bet he nicked loads of law breakers. Fair play to the police because the are making our roads safe. 

8 hours ago, marksy said:

Just watching the news this morning and a taxi driver in Birmingham had a brick thrown at his car that smashed his windscreen. He phoned the police who took no action whatsoever. When questioned about the incident the chief constable basically said this is the norm now, we can't chase up every crime. 

But don't worry because yesterday morning i saw a speed van parked up in Hillfields trying to nick people in a 20 miles an hour zone.  I bet he nicked loads of law breakers. Fair play to the police because the are making our roads safe. 

The taxi driver should have said the bloke who threw the brick shouted a racist or homophobic comment at the same time - half of the WMP would have attended then.

Archived