IGNORED

Pre Season - Excitement or slight dismay?

PFree

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

both replacements are season championship players

5 hours ago, Chappers said:

I’m not optimistic for this season, Reid and Flint will be massive losses, and the replacements look pretty ordinary/ inexperienced. Seems a few gaps in the squad, especially up front. All part of the rebuilding process though, hopefully we will soon see the younger players in our squad rather than loaned out across the leagues, and the long term plan will come together.

We all love it when a plan comes together!

Exactly how I feel about it...I feel as though we are weaker than where we were last year.

Like every year I am filled with excitement and optimism at the start.  However I fear that we are a bit lightweight up front and I'm a little unsure about Webster and Hunt until I see more of them.  I do think we have enough options and quality in midfield,but no direct replacement for Smith and Pack if they are out.

2 hours ago, core321 said:

Just because you disagree with me, your putting in complaints to Mods. Its a forum, you don't agree with me..that's the point of a forum it creates discussion. You just can't stand it can you...someone having a very different view of how the club is right now. There's thousands out there mate.

Not at all, I actually love reading posters like yourself, Thatch and Tinman. I disagree with almost everything the three of you write, so it's much more interesting to read.

No complaints from me, just curious whether you're the latest reincarnation of a former poster with a very similar style.

5 hours ago, WR5 said:

This go for broke mentality only exists with those who can see the upside. i've spent a lot of time around fans in the lower leagues who have seen financial mismanagement ruin there once loved football clubs when "going for it" (if anyone wants a quick gander at Worcester Citys recent plight) 

It's also forgotten that these big money buys want big money wages, which in turn the rest of the squad will want. Simply put if our average wage per player went to £15,000 a week with 22  players, you are instantly commissioning a 5million loss based upon last years turnover, this is without any other costs being accounted for. All very easy to commit too when it's SL's money.

For the record i'm reasonably happy with this summers business, we could do with a upgrade in the goalkeeping department, but all things considered it have been a very good window on paper.

Not to mention totally ignoring FFP, which seems to have passed them by.

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not to mention totally ignoring FFP, which seems to have passed them by.

Quite a few clubs seem to do that too.

FFP simply keeps the big clubs big and maintains the gap.

If someone can display the financial clout to back a bid to gatecrash the top elite they should be allowed to do so in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Quite a few clubs seem to do that too.

FFP simply keeps the big clubs big and maintains the gap.

If someone can display the financial clout to back a bid to gatecrash the top elite they should be allowed to do so in my opinion.

They do and the EFL must apply the sanctions at their disposal rigorously and without favour. Not that I have confidence they will.

I agree about the impact of FFP at the level of Europe's elite clubs but at our level I don't support the idea of a free for all. That would attract even more dubious and incompetent foreign owners and put more clubs in danger imo.

It was reported by the way that Abramovich was very much in favour of FFP as he thought clubs needed saving from themselves. They also need to resist pressure from fans to go on unsustainable spending sprees I believe.

This isn't strictly an FFP thread but I have a sliding scale for points deductions which nobody could quibble with in terms of clarity (getting clubs to vote for it maybe a different thing though).

3 year losses. If exceeded by 1 pound to 389k then maybe a fine.

Thereafter? 1% is equal to 1 point. All the way up to 100 points...

Final example. 390-779k 1 point. So on, maths and equation fairly simple.

17 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not at all, I actually love reading posters like yourself, Thatch and Tinman. I disagree with almost everything the three of you write, so it's much more interesting to read.

No complaints from me, just curious whether you're the latest reincarnation of a former poster with a very similar style.

Maybe not a reincarnation, just maybe someone who has the same point of view as them, there are a lot of people. They just don't post here. Hopefully you understand people see things differently, rightly or wrongly in your opinion. Have a nice day. :)

26 minutes ago, core321 said:

Maybe not a reincarnation, just maybe someone who has the same point of view as them, there are a lot of people. They just don't post here. Hopefully you understand people see things differently, rightly or wrongly in your opinion. Have a nice day. :)

Yeah, I covered that in my last post.

Hopefully you understand how to read posts properly. Have a nice day. ?

On 31/07/2018 at 10:23, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, I covered that in my last post.

Hopefully you understand how to read posts properly. Have a nice day. ?

No..because your always the voice of reason and everyone else is wrong. So you haven't covered anything. Your intellect is not quite up to what you think it is.

20 minutes ago, core321 said:

No..because your always the voice of reason and everyone else is wrong. So you haven't covered anything. Your intellect is not quite up to what you think it is.

I refer you to the below - which you were actually replying to ?

On 31/07/2018 at 16:56, core321 said:

Hopefully you understand people see things differently, rightly or wrongly in your opinion. Have a nice day. :)

On 30/07/2018 at 23:19, Phileas Fogg said:

If that's not acknowledgement and acceptance of different opinions, I don't know what is!

Archived