IGNORED

Stoke favourites for promotion

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

The bookies have Stoke as 6/4 favourites for promotion. Their pre-season friendly record, shows played 6, lost 6, goals for 1, goals against 11! Bring on Leeds which is their opening game.

As the great Darrel Clarke said preseason matches don't mean anything.

:laughcont:

How did that go against 2nd division Exeter at home Daz ? 

I'm not sure how many times the bookies are right with their pre season odds - not that often in my experience and why I take little notice of them.

In every EFL division there is often a dark horse who nobody had considered.

It could be City this season........I'm off down the bookies tomorrow........

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm not sure how many times the bookies are right with their pre season odds - not that often in my experience and why I take little notice of them.

Were Wolves given good odds? Season before they just missed the drop along with us, though made impressive signings and got themselves a good manager.  

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Have they posted City's odds on the OS then RR?

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Stoke will win this league at a canter... The worst Championship I can ever remember. There are so many poor sides this year.

How do know Stoke won't be poor? They've lost a couple of their PL players and I doubt Butland will want to play in the Championship and out his England career at risk.

For all we know Stoke could really struggle.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How do know Stoke won't be poor? They've lost a couple of their PL players and I doubt Butland will want to play in the Championship and out his England career at risk.

You should look at their OS mate. Look at their squad.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

As the great Darrel Clarke said preseason matches don't mean anything.

:laughcont:

How did that go against 2nd division Exeter at home Daz ? 

2nd division..?! 

4th division, more like. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lost one big name in Shakiri , signed Afobi and Ince and after Chester from Villa. I think the only thing that will hamper them is the manager, I wasn't impressed with Rowett  at Derby, he may have learnt lessons and if he has they will be right up there. 

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

The bookies have Stoke as 6/4 favourites for promotion. Their pre-season friendly record, shows played 6, lost 6, goals for 1, goals against 11! Bring on Leeds which is their opening game.

If anyone who just came down from the prem goes back up it will be West Brom imo. Stoke haven’t made as good signings 

30 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Derby are my Bet, looking at the odds.

Strong squad. Added youth and pace going forward. Very old in the rest of the squad though. Be interesting to see. 

Stoke and Boro probably done the best business of the “favoured” clubs imo. 

Forest trying to do a Wolves but not brought in newr the same quality of players Wolves did. Can see them being strong but not like Wolves imo. 

West Brom and Swansea not done too much. Not sure where that puts them. Don’t see a Sunderland in the teams coming down but surely all finish top half? 

Millwall, Preston and Brentford largely unchanged but added lower league players. Well coached so will probably be competitive but not sure they added enough to finish top 6. 

Sheff U like us have tried to add more championship quality and experience to the side. I fancy us to do well if we can stay fit. 

Saw a comment above speaking about the worst championship they have seen in awhile. First thought was rubbish but then when you think, there aren’t many sides that frighten you on paper.  Stoke and Boro have some of that but struggle to see anyone else in that category. 

West Brom traditionally go straight back up when they come down and I would expect same again. Forest look to have bought well and amongst the favourites. Not sure about Stoke - squad might look good on paper but I think PO’s more likely. Brentford my ‘dark horse’.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think they’re struggle , but like you say be surprised if they don’t sell a couple before transfer window closes. Add in Rowett who seems unable to get a club over the line and not sure they will be as strong as many expect.

Boro and the Baggies for me, top two. Forrest potentially 

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

I cant stand Stoke personally I think they will struggle, and I hope they struggle too!

8 minutes ago, daored said:

I don’t think they’re struggle , but like you say be surprised if they don’t sell a couple before transfer window closes. Add in Rowett who seems unable to get a club over the line and not sure they will be as strong as many expect.

Boro and the Baggies for me, top two. Forrest potentially 

I think that's far more likely.  But I still want them to struggle, I'd love to see them relegated! 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Strong squad. Added youth and pace going forward. Very old in the rest of the squad though. Be interesting to see. 

Stoke and Boro probably done the best business of the “favoured” clubs imo. 

Forest trying to do a Wolves but not brought in newr the same quality of players Wolves did. Can see them being strong but not like Wolves imo. 

West Brom and Swansea not done too much. Not sure where that puts them. Don’t see a Sunderland in the teams coming down but surely all finish top half? 

Millwall, Preston and Brentford largely unchanged but added lower league players. Well coached so will probably be competitive but not sure they added enough to finish top 6. 

Sheff U like us have tried to add more championship quality and experience to the side. I fancy us to do well if we can stay fit. 

Saw a comment above speaking about the worst championship they have seen in awhile. First thought was rubbish but then when you think, there aren’t many sides that frighten you on paper.  Stoke and Boro have some of that but struggle to see anyone else in that category. 

I had Derby as top 4 so when I saw they were 9th favourite it was a no-brainer bet.

Lampard is the unknown factor but I would not be surprised if he was a big success.  Talks incredibly well and seems to be tactically astute.  He will inspire as well for sure.

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

West Brom traditionally go straight back up when they come down and I would expect same again. Forest look to have bought well and amongst the favourites. Not sure about Stoke - squad might look good on paper but I think PO’s more likely. Brentford my ‘dark horse’.

West Brom have had players refuse to play through pre-season

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

West Brom have had players refuse to play through pre-season

Is that all?

We had players refusing to play for half of last season!

50 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I had Derby as top 4 so when I saw they were 9th favourite it was a no-brainer bet.

Lampard is the unknown factor but I would not be surprised if he was a big success.  Talks incredibly well and seems to be tactically astute.  He will inspire as well for sure.

And the connections he has with Chelsea must surely help

4 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Stoke will win this league at a canter... The worst Championship I can ever remember. There are so many poor sides this year.

Win at 'canter', way too over the top...yes they have a decent chance and could win it, but Derby and Boro and one other from nowhere will have a say about that I'm sure 

Archived