IGNORED

Sudanese Following

Lorenzos Only Goal

18 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I still don’t think we’ve had a openly gay professional footballer in this country or many others (I think Germany has). 

I know Thomas Hitzleberger came out but I am not sure if he was still playing when he did.

Look at the homophobic abuse Graeme Le Saux  got and that was for reading a newspaper

Edit: Justin Fashanu was openly gay once his career ended but he tragically took his own life

6 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I know Thomas Hitzleberger came out but I am not sure if he was still playing when he did.

Look at the homophobic abuse Graeme Le Saux  got and that was for reading a newspaper

Edit: Justin Fashanu was openly gay once his career ended but he tragically took his own life

Vinnie Jones was just envious because he wasn't tracing the words with his finger and moving his lips as he read them.

48 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

I still don’t think we’ve had a openly gay professional footballer in this country or many others (I think Germany has). 

One of the Fashanu brothers came out whilst still playing. 

https://www.huckmag.com/art-and-culture/film-2/harrowing-story-britains-first-openly-gay-footballer/

On 29/07/2018 at 20:29, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It seems we have a massive following of Sudanese fans on social media that came with our most recent signing, far bigger than I thought initially, they are on nearly every social media post.  :) Its cute at the moment but it could become quite annoying very quickly. 

They are a pain in the ******* arse on FB.

When old man Robbo used to work for City we had legions of Polish fans. The stamp album I had as a kid was full of Polski stamps sent by fans from there asking for City souvenirs and programmes. This was before Jaki played for us and I guess we'd just been "adopted" by kids from over there.

Sad to see they didn't stick with us during the wilderness years (or did they - any Polish fans on Otib?)

Nonetheless, I am glad to see and hear from City's foreign fans, be they the Swedish contingent, our Dutch friends or the Romanian chap who occasionally pops up here.

Sudanese fans are welcome, but as they've grown up in a country where homosexuality is punishable by death, they are likely to have been slightly brainwashed into hostility to LBGT issues.  (FWIW @TomF  only two or three of those disaproving Twitterati reacting to your post look like they might have Sudanese names - and even that isn't nailed on)

Archived