IGNORED

Captain?

Eddie Notgetinya

Unless I’ve missed it Bailey Wright is still the captain with Korey Smith as vice.

A proportion of this forum won’t have either in their starting XI so who gets the armband if that is the case. 

I can’t see past JB or Marlon Pack but we can only pick one. One has committed to a new contract, the other we are waiting on but he’s one of our own.

Just now, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Unless I’ve missed it Bailey Wright is still the captain with Korey Smith as vice.

A proportion of this forum won’t have either in their starting XI so who gets the armband if that is the case. 

I can’t see past JB or Marlon Pack but we can only pick one. One has committed to a new contract, the other we are waiting on but he’s one of our own.

not been announced yet,

I can't see any reason to change it to be honest

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

not been announced yet,

I can't see any reason to change it to be honest

I doubt they'd strip Wright of the captaincy.

If he's not playing though, which is very possible, I imagine it'll be Smith or Pack.

I'd be surprised if it's Bryan if he really is about to leave. I wouldn't give it to him under those circumstances.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Is Bailey club captain like Wilbs was? He didn’t play much but when he got on he got the armband. Maybe Bailey has a similar role when he’s not playing.

I agree off the pitch but he's probably been told how much game time he'll get, he's only 26 so still has a couple of years for development

Captains aren't as important these days in term of leadership anyway, their main job is to talk to the ref on behalf of the team, but you should have leaders all over the pitch not just one who wears the captains armband

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Captains aren't as important these days in term of leadership anyway, their main job is to talk to the ref on behalf of the team, but you should have leaders all over the pitch not just one who wears the captains armband

Especially when the referee's involved!

As far as I am concerned, Korey Smith has been our Captain ever since he signed for us.

I don't see how it's up for discussion, but each to their own. Some see the game differently.

Some may want a Tony Adams, Terry Butcher, John Terry esque rock hard centre back who punches the walls as their captain.

On 31/07/2018 at 12:46, The Batman said:

As far as I am concerned, Korey Smith has been our Captain ever since he signed for us.

I don't see how it's up for discussion, but each to their own. Some see the game differently.

Some may want a Tony Adams, Terry Butcher, John Terry esque rock hard centre back who punches the walls as their captain.

If people read things properly then they would see the point I was making was that Wright and Smith MAY find themselves on the bench and if that were to be the case then we would need to hand the armband to someone else whilst they were not on the pitch ?

On 31/07/2018 at 01:41, BobBobSuperBob said:

It will be Pack

Would be my 1st choice

On 31/07/2018 at 19:46, The Batman said:

Would be my very close 2nd choice

5 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

If people read things properly then they would see the point I was making was that Wright and Smith MAY find themselves on the bench and if that were to be the case then we would need to hand the armband to someone else whilst they were not on the pitch ?

But above is a good point.  I don’t see Bailey starting, and if Brownhill is gonna play more centrally, then Smith and Pack will not start all the games.

If Bryan signs a new contract, then perhaps he might get the nod, but I don’t think it will be the case.

Probably likely to be Bailey as captain (bit like Wilbs as club captain), with Smith or Pack as stand-ins.

Archived