IGNORED

Taking bags into the ground

Steve Watts

Anyone know the rules ascot tickets taking small backpacks into games. My son is massively looking forward to his first season ticket...his sister, not so much! Give need to go loaded with various paraphernalia but know that I couldn't take a backpack in. Didn't know if they stop little kids as well? There must be someone in here who's been in that situation? Or could @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO possibly confirm?  Thanks in advance. ?

I usually take a small ish bag when my son come to games, with a change of clothes, sweets, crisps & fruit, to occupy him..! 

I’ve never had a problem getting it in. They just ask you to open it for checking, as you approach the ground. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Anyone know the rules ascot tickets taking small backpacks into games. My son is massively looking forward to his first season ticket...his sister, not so much! Give need to go loaded with various paraphernalia but know that I couldn't take a backpack in. Didn't know if they stop little kids as well? There must be someone in here who's been in that situation? Or could @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO possibly confirm?  Thanks in advance. ?

Good idea

Useful cover for Flares

?️‍♀️

And a hip flask

:thumbsup:

tip

train the kids to start loudly crying and give a petrified look if they (Stewards)  go to search their bags , then the stewards will back off

:whistle2:

6 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

They will not allow back packs but I have had no trouble loading up a plastic shopping bag (we have one from the City shop we keep) with snacks, drink, spare jumper and even Larry the rubber Lizard !!. A quick check from someone at the gate and we are in.

Last year at Ipswich I took a large shopping bag containing wrapped Birthday & Christmas presents for handing over to the family in case we didn't get there later in the year. A quick glance inside by the Stewards and all OK. 

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Last year at Ipswich I took a large shopping bag containing wrapped Birthday & Christmas presents for handing over to the family in case we didn't get there later in the year. A quick glance inside by the Stewards and all OK. 

I’ve used this ‘cover’ for a while but they sussed me out in early May

:dunno:

3 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

They will not allow back packs but I have had no trouble loading up a plastic shopping bag (we have one from the City shop we keep) with snacks, drink, spare jumper and even Larry the rubber Lizard !!. A quick check from someone at the gate and we are in.

Am I the only person who wants - sorry - DEMANDS to see a photo of Larry the rubber Lizard?

4 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I took a rucksack in for a couple of matches last season to carry my cyclelights and coat in. They checked it and put that day’s coloured paper band on and it was ok.

Shame I left it under the seat after the game and had to wait 20 minutes to get it back from lost property!

Small backpacks or drawstring sized bags are fine, just be prepared to be searched ( anything from a rummage and removing content to a quick glance) and sometimes you are given a paper tag so you aren’t stopped again. Glass bottles, (alcohol)cans, sharp objects and fireworks are the only things they ask you about. I often admit to having a large metal flask (mentioned on another thread) and and am waved in no problem. I’ve seen children with backpacks with iPads, sweets, drinks etc allowed in with no problem. I think if you are a parent with children attending with you you would be expected to have a bag.

Dont try it at Old Trafford though, I’ve bedn to football grounds and concerts indoor and out all over the country. Old Trafford was my worst experience ever. It was pouring with rain and I had a small drawstring type sports bag to put the programme in to keep it dry, nothing else in the bag and they wanted me to put it in ‘property’. I refused, asked to speak to the supervisor who said it was perfectly ok to take it in. Crazy. 

15 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Incorrect.

I've taken a backpack in numerous times. Take it up to a steward on your way through the outside of the ground, show them you've nothing to hide, and they'll have a quick look inside and attach a tag to it that says it's been checked.

17 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I almost always take a rucksack in with me. They do a (not very thorough) search. Then they put a label on. All very easy. 

2 hours ago, TBW said:

Incorrect.

I've taken a backpack in numerous times. Take it up to a steward on your way through the outside of the ground, show them you've nothing to hide, and they'll have a quick look inside and attach a tag to it that says it's been checked.

We were stopped with a back pack last season and not allowed in with it, were told plastic bags were fine and have used one ever since. Maybe they have had a change of policy or we found a "jobsworth" couple of stewards on that day. 

20 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Hi Steve, 

Sorry for the delay, its a busy week leadign up to the first game of the season this end. 

Small bags or back packs will be ok to take in to the stadium. The contents will be examined by a steward as you enter Ashton Gate.

Larger bags / luggage cannot be taken in to the stadium as there is insufficient room and such items will restrict spectator movement. We advise that you leave all items in your car/coach/hotel as there is no provision available to store any items at the stadium.

Matt

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi Steve, 

Sorry for the delay, its a busy week leadign up to the first game of the season this end. 

Small bags or back packs will be ok to take in to the stadium. The contents will be examined by a steward as you enter Ashton Gate.

Larger bags / luggage cannot be taken in to the stadium as there is insufficient room and such items will restrict spectator movement. We advise that you leave all items in your car/coach/hotel as there is no provision available to store any items at the stadium.

Matt

Thanks Matt....Good to know.

Archived