IGNORED

Taking bags into the ground

Steve Watts

16 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The Sheffiled W game on Sunday the 7th of October will be a problem for some of us as they need to store their luggage at AG or in a nearby pub and have a taxi waiting outside before 90 min to have a chance to make the EasyJet flight back to Stockholm

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO 

I realise the club don’t normally provide space to store bags but in the circumstances bearing in mind these guys travel over from Sweden is there a way the Club could provide a small corner in an office somewhere ?

(The community office is empty or normally empty of even staff on matchday) 

I always take a shoulder bag/small rucksack with me when I go with my sons (aged 12 to 20), never a problem. a quick check and we are in. I think its a combo of being with kids, having tickets for the upper Lansdown,  the fact I am an old git and sensible stewarding that works.

I suspect if you are a group of younger folk, with tickets for the away end or a lively corner of the ground, the checks will be more rigurous and big bags may be taken.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO 

I realise the club don’t normally provide space to store bags but in the circumstances bearing in mind these guys travel over from Sweden is there a way the Club could provide a small corner in an office somewhere ?

(The community office is empty or normally empty of even staff on matchday) 

Send me an email and I will ask ops team at Ashton Gate. Would like to think we can help our Swedish fans who are visiting BS3.

I now use a stick to help when walking. To avoid bending my back I have a 5' tall pole with a leather thong at the top I slip my wrist through.

At Portman Road I announced "This isn't a fashion accessory, these days it's a necessity" and I got in with that no trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Send me an email and I will ask ops team at Ashton Gate. Would like to think we can help our Swedish fans who are visiting BS3.

Nice one Matt

Thankyou

These guys make stupendous efforts and expensive trips every season 

Would be a nice gesture if someone could assist on this one

@bristolcitysweden

Tommy - Can you or one of the group coming over let Matt have an email & liase with him

Keep us updated - if Club can’t help I will think of a way I can

Archived