IGNORED

Flop flag day

Redmycolour

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Not sure the pub can do much more.

I'm sure the UPFEST weekend didn't get similar criticism.

Did UPFEST leave cans of beer all over the streets of Bedminster or were they cleared up???

This isn't the pub's fault at all they clearly do what they can in what is clearly a difficult situation to control.  Maybe in a different location ( South Street school field) that the Three Lions could run and control would be a suggestion !!

10 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Did UPFEST leave cans of beer all over the streets of Bedminster or were they cleared up???

This isn't the pub's fault at all they clearly do what they can in what is clearly a difficult situation to control.  Maybe in a different location ( South Street school field) that the Three Lions could run and control would be a suggestion !!

UPFEST cleared up all the main areas where the artists were painting. I doubt very much they would have went around tidying up people's gardens.

The area around the 3 Lions was cleared after the event.

32 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Decent shout. Some Marquees with bars (managed by SD) portaloos music and a walk to the ground. The people living around there might be unhappy though and I get that too.

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

On the route down from the 3 lions the only thing I saw was supporters using other peoples recycling bins.

Surely no one can complain about that but this is OTIB.

let's just agree to disagree shall we?

There was more mess on the way to the ground after Saturday than any other home game in the last year, Many may have used the bins but not everyone is that thoughtful

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

UPFEST cleared up all the main areas where the artists were painting. I doubt very much they would have went around tidying up people's gardens.

The area around the 3 Lions was cleared after the event.

There is one slight difference between UPFEST and the flag day.

After UPFEST people all dispersed in different directions and the mess may have been less noticeable, after the flag day all routes (i.e Palmyra Road, to Duckmoor Road ) led to Ashton Gate.

That's my gripe not the event or the organisation of it. 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

On the route down from the 3 lions the only thing I saw was supporters using other peoples recycling bins.

Surely no one can complain about that but this is OTIB.

Friends live in Palmry road. Walked back up to west Street after the game … No rubbish.

As for the Flag day. My Son loves it. Keep it going.

3 hours ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

let's just agree to disagree shall we?

There was more mess on the way to the ground after Saturday than any other home game in the last year, Many may have used the bins but not everyone is that thoughtful

How much mess exactly?

Any evidence?

Ironically enough I was at my parents house today and a half full plastic pint glass is still where it was left on Saturday. The can that was next to it previously had been removed !!!

I didn't take a photo as I thought it would look as though I'm being petty. But will get my folks to if you are that insistent

Whatever mess there was, wass more than usual as there is usually none at all.

I didn't drive along Duckmoor Road on my way home so couldn't check the other areas, but by many of the trees there were cans of Special Brew, Thatchers etc.

It wasn't a huge amount but it was too much.. if that makes sense

38 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Ironically enough I was at my parents house today and a half full plastic pint glass is still where it was left on Saturday. The can that was next to it previously had been removed !!!

I didn't take a photo as I thought it would look as though I'm being petty. But will get my folks to if you are that insistent

I didn't drive along Duckmoor Road on my way home so couldn't check the other areas, but by many of the trees there were cans of Special Brew, Thatchers etc.

One plastic pint and a can?

Not exactly "all the roads around Bedminster" is it?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

One plastic pint and a can?

Not exactly "all the roads around Bedminster" is it?

That was today !!!!!! which is 4  days after the event. That was in one location and was simply an example, I could give you plenty more and had you read the rest of what I said I gave you other locations.

I've never said " all round Bedminster"  in relation to this, I mentioned it in relation to UPFEST.

I said along Palmyra Road and Duckmoor Road there was more rubbish than another home game, which is an undeniable fact and had to have been directly caused by the irresponsible behaviour of a small minority people who attended the event the Flag Day and I do accept it is a small minority but it does leave a sour taste for the residents.

12 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

That was today !!!!!! which is 4  days after the event. That was in one location and was simply an example, I could give you plenty more and had you read the rest of what I said I gave you other locations.

I've never said " all round Bedminster"  in relation to this, I mentioned it in relation to UPFEST.

I said along Palmyra Road and Duckmoor Road there was more rubbish than another home game, which is an undeniable fact and had to have been directly caused by the irresponsible behaviour of a small minority people who attended the event the Flag Day and I do accept it is a small minority but it does leave a sour taste for the residents.

You mentioned it as a comparison..."Did UPFEST leave cans of beer all over the streets of Bedminster or were they cleared up???"

People who walked that way to the stadium after the event didn't see any of the mess that you are referring to.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So, @Cowshed is lying.

Your words not mine!!!

I absolutely guarantee you 100% there was a plastic glass left on the grit bin half way up Palmyra Road

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You mentioned it as a comparison..."Did UPFEST leave cans of beer all over the streets of Bedminster or were they cleared up???"

People who walked that way to the stadium after the event didn't see any of the mess that you are referring to.

They clearly didn't look hard enough did they?

Please be very careful in what you are suggesting !!

10 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Your words not mine!!!

I absolutely guarantee you 100% there was a plastic glass left on the grit bin half way up Palmyra Road

They clearly didn't look hard enough did they?

Please be very careful in what you are suggesting !!

I think you're slightly overreacting.......to put it mildly.

Never been to a flag day and doubtful I ever will; pyro and bottle throwing not bring my thing. However I can only imagine the uproar in Southville if anyone ever tried to hold anything remotely similar in Greville Smyth Park. They never moved down from London for that kind of thing, thank you very much 

11 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

I am fine I just dont like you calling me a liar!!

When you say someone's comment isn't true, then you are calling them a liar.

You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, a few people made a mess, it was one day out of 365. No one died and your oasis has returned to normal. Game Over.

1 hour ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Special brew is not associated with football fans. Odd can of Thatchers! A plastic cup. This is hardly the downfall of Western civilisation and no different to the World cup village as fans made their way out of Raynes road towards North Street,   

13 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Special brew is not associated with football fans. Odd can of Thatchers! A plastic cup. This is hardly the downfall of Western civilisation and no different to the World cup village as fans made their way out of Raynes road towards North Street,   

Go and have a wander around Greville Smyth park after all the locals have had BBQ's there on any sunny day.

Now that's worth moaning about...

26 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

When you say someone's comment isn't true, then you are calling them a liar.

You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, a few people made a mess, it was one day out of 365. No one died and your oasis has returned to normal. Game Over.

I didn't call anyone a liar. You did...

"So Cowshed must be lying"

Shall we just leave it

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Go and have a wander around Greville Smyth park after all the locals have had BBQ's there on any sunny day.

Now that's worth moaning about...

Agreed but it is still something that makes the locals who are not football fans anti football.. 

Also the amount of people walkmg down the road was intimidating for my elderly parents as they walked to ther ground as you never know what people with  beer inside them will do.. and think is funmy

1 minute ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Agreed but it is still something that makes the locals who are not football fans anti football.. 

Also the amount of people walkmg down the road was intimidating for my elderly parents as they walked to ther ground as you never know what people with  beer inside them will do.. and think is funmy

Maybe your road should have been closed off, and not West Street.

2 hours ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

That's not true !!! The mess is still there today!

I do not think I have ever seen BS3 looking like Sneyd Park, so maybe I should have posted it looked like it normally did a little rubbish around but no real discernible difference.

3 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

You mean the people who who bought houses near a football stadium.

Archived