IGNORED

Holmesdale fanatics

Cambridge Batch Red

It sounds more to me like the fans have chucked their toys out because they couldn`t get what they wanted when other long term ST holders wouldn`t move to accommodate them. We would face exactly the same problem if our singing section was mooted to be moved to behind the goal in the SS.

No-one ever wins when these situations become confrontational - the club will always have the final word.

• SC&T Board Members
10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seems odd they wanted to move after 12 years where they were 

They didn't. The club mishandled a possible move and when it failed to work out blamed the HF. At least, that's how the HF see it. Many of them will still be at the game, but dispersed around the ground, not in their usual spot, creating the atmosphere.

It shows the importance of a club maintaining an honest and transparent relationship with its loudest fans if it wants them to stay motivated and act as the catalyst for atmosphere in the stadium.

36 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

They didn't. The club mishandled a possible move and when it failed to work out blamed the HF. At least, that's how the HF see it. Many of them will still be at the game, but dispersed around the ground, not in their usual spot, creating the atmosphere.

It shows the importance of a club maintaining an honest and transparent relationship with its loudest fans if it wants them to stay motivated and act as the catalyst for atmosphere in the stadium.

Don't over play the importance of 150/200 minority at palace who decided to kit themselves out in all black and copy the Italian ultras.

I for one think clubs have more important things to worry about than keep a honest and transparent relationship with their loudest fans??

About time the majority is listened to just as much as the minority?

There's a place for all fans and none are more important than others.

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seems odd they wanted to move after 12 years where they were 

I think it's arrogant not odd. They were asking for fans who have sat in their seats for years to move to be replaced by themselves. 

Normally that's a CEO doing that not fans against fans! 

5 hours ago, Cambridge Batch Red said:

Oh dear it looks like Crystal Palace have shot themselves in the foot with their singing section disbanding.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-atmosphere-set-to-suffer-with-holmesdale-fanatics-missing-after-tickets-row-a3913851.html

...perhaps you should have read the first line of the seventh paragraph of the report to which you posted a link....it says (and I quote) “The HF have not disbanded....” - so they haven’t ‘shot themselves in the foot’ - read the report, they are working with the club to find a solution to suit everyone....

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...perhaps you should have read the first line of the seventh paragraph of the report to which you posted a link....it says (and I quote) “The HF have not disbanded....” - so they haven’t ‘shot themselves in the foot’ - read the report, they are working with the club to find a solution to suit everyone....

Thanks Nigel, ...perhaps you should read the first line of my post again...it says (and I quote) "their singing section disbanding." Did you see or hear a singing section behind the goal in the corner last night on TV?

1 hour ago, Cambridge Batch Red said:

Thanks Nigel, ...perhaps you should read the first line of my post again...it says (and I quote) "their singing section disbanding." Did you see or hear a singing section behind the goal in the corner last night on TV?

Nigel?! Is that an “hilarious” reference to the term used by Millwall fans to describe Palace supporters?! You said their singing section had ‘disbanded’ then provided a link to a story about the Holmesdale Fanactics - which stated they had not ‘disbanded’ ..... think you’re a bit confused

9 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Some people are trying, but thanks for the dig at the only ones prepared to. A couple of hundred tops. Curious as to what the other 19,900 cardboard cut outs are doing.... **** all is my observation. 

Oh dear @WolfOfWestStreet what an embarrassing comment to come out with 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nigel?! Is that an “hilarious” reference to the term used by Millwall fans to describe Palace supporters?! You said their singing section had ‘disbanded’ then provided a link to a story about the Holmesdale Fanactics - which stated they had not ‘disbanded’ ..... think you’re a bit confused

Oh dear... never mind

Without knowing the ins and outs of this specific case, it sounds like HF are throwing their toys out of the pram because they couldn't move to the area of the stadium they wanted.

It would be exactly the same in Ashton Gate, if S82 wanted to move to the central Dolman for example.

People become fond of their seats, little match day routines and the people they become friends with sat around them. They're not going to give it up - even if it potentially brings the benefit of a louder, more intimidating stadium for teams to play at.

14 hours ago, Spoons said:

Don't over play the importance of 150/200 minority at palace who decided to kit themselves out in all black and copy the Italian ultras.

I for one think clubs have more important things to worry about than keep a honest and transparent relationship with their loudest fans??

About time the majority is listened to just as much as the minority?

There's a place for all fans and none are more important than others.

The majority, well the majority in most grounds are now like a cricket crowd. 

Sitting in silence until something exciting happens, that’s 95% of Ashton Gate nowadays! 

There's always been seats at grounds though.

It went like this at the bulk of, if not all grounds...

In the case of Ashton Gate. Dolman was seated was it not? Behind both goals standing, Williams all seater. Pre the all-seater rules of course.

That said, even in recent memory, A block and B block were noisier IMO than now- maybe 10, 20 years talking? Things change though- not always for the best but they do.

19 hours ago, Spoons said:

I think it's arrogant not odd. They were asking for fans who have sat in their seats for years to move to be replaced by themselves. 

Normally that's a CEO doing that not fans against fans! 

Apparently it involved just 100 seats, they just wanted to attempt to bolster the atmosphere by getting the “Fanatics‟ behind the goal, which they hoped would then engender those around them to join in?  It's not really arrogant, as u suggest, as they were just trying to attempt something new. Once the present seat holders said No, they moved on and are negotiating with the club to find a suitable solution. I don't really understand the hostility?  Anything that improves the atmosphere in these days of sterile and characterless stadiums is worth attempting.............instead of criticising supporters who are trying something new........why not have a go at constructively coming up with some ideas to increase the passion at an Ashton Gate?, which is, on occasions a very tame and mundane experience. ?

To be honest, I wonder if people who criticise our home supporters get to that many away matches. Granted, Leeds and Millwall make a lot more noise than we do but there are a lot of teams that are practically libraries. You can hear a pin drop at Fulham matches and the last thing I am expecting tonight is a rousing home reception*

*Actually the last thing I expect is blood supply to my legs after 90 minutes given the seating but loud home fans are a close second...

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The majority, well the majority in most grounds are now like a cricket crowd. 

Sitting in silence until something exciting happens, that’s 95% of Ashton Gate nowadays! 

That’s actually how most grounds, including Ashton Gate have always been - ie singing sections are a small proportion of the crowd. I’ve been going to Ashton Gate since 1968 and it has never been materially different in my view. Perhaps it seemed different if you were behind the goal (or wherever). There may be exceptions like Anfield, but I’d guess even there the majority are non singers.

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

That’s actually how most grounds, including Ashton Gate have always been - ie singing sections are a small proportion of the crowd. I’ve been going to Ashton Gate since 1968 and it has never been materially different in my view. Perhaps it seemed different if you were behind the goal (or wherever). There may be exceptions like Anfield, but I’d guess even there the majority are non singers.

Well I've only been going since 1998, but I'm not sure it's been that small tbh.

Non singers maybe in a majority, but can be sure it's in a significantly bigger majority now I reckon. The East End was all standing. Away end was a terrace I think, Dolman A and B particularly, though technically designated as seating I reckon would have had a fair few singers who either stood regardless, or sang while sat down joining in with the more visible noise from elsewhere.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Watching MOTD. Quick update on this.

Holmesdale Fanatics surely have disbanded, even if it's only at this present time- little sign or evidence of their usual chants/choreography etc.

They still go to games I'm sure but are dispersed, broken up or generally dotted around the ground IMO.

Yes, they have not 'disbanded' as a group, but no longer stand together in the ground.

The result: no catalyst for atmopshere and two home defeats.

Clubs need to nurture their 'singing sections', not fall out with them.

Archived