IGNORED

Can we play 3 strikers today.

barneyrubble

Selection dilemma for Lj today . Keep winning team or bring back record signing. Or is there an option to play all 3.

Would be interesting  to see Fammy up top with Matty and Weimann either side don't know if it would work in terms of our midfield but it would certainly give there defence some work.

Thoughts on could we fit them in or does Lj have to choose.

We could.

We shouldn’t

We won’t 

Doing so would be a page out of Lee Johnson Tombola 101 from two seasons ago. We have a large chunk of new players who are still adapting to each other, we’re just off two away wins and a very good performance. Changing striker from Matty to Fam I could understand but live with. Changing system would be the act of a madman.

So I look forward to three strikers at half one...

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Keep the same side. IMO Taylor has done very well recently. And deserves to start today. Up to Famara to win his place back . 

The dilemma is that Famara , in the club's eyes at least , has been harshly treated by the FA and would have been starting for us based on form so didn't deserve to lose his place on the team .

Equally , Matty Taylor has been playing well since deputising for FD and doesn't deserve to lose his place either. 

Given that everyone is fit , Weiman was limping last match , I would keep the same side with Fammy coming on at 70 mins to get his chance.

If AW is not 100% then pair Matty with Famara and job's a good 'un.

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Keep the same side. IMO Taylor has done very well recently. And deserves to start today. Up to Famara to win his place back . 

The dilemma is that Famara , in the club's eyes at least , has been harshly treated by the FA and would have been starting for us based on form so didn't deserve to lose his place on the team .

Equally , Matty Taylor has been playing well since deputising for FD and doesn't deserve to lose his place either. 

Given that everyone is fit , Weiman was limping last match , I would keep the same side with Fammy coming on at 70 mins to get his chance.

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Can't see AW being dropped even if he was only 90%

Everything is gold for him at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not sure how he can win his place back if you don't play him. Would he do so by washing the manager's car???

Although the football was naff at QPR, I think the approach showed the kind of pragmatism we needed to play with, following the Boro game.

We than started with the same pragmatic approach against Swansea - in the first 10 minutes it wasn’t about keeping possession, it was about keeping the ball out of our 3rd of the pitch and harassing Swansea’s back line. It worked, we were able to keep them at arms length because we’d already scored.

I think Diedhiou will be played instead of Taylor and Weimann will play Taylor’s role in chasing down, causing panic. FD would be ideal for winning and holding the ball up. I’m with @Red Army 87, looking forward to seeing Elliasson’s crossing ability meet Diedhiou’s power in the air. Incidentally, I think Elliasson will have more success on the right because of the added presence in the box.

Taylor on for Weimann after 70mins to up the reinvigorate the attack - as long as it’s not gone horribly wrong, both score wise and injury wise.

Archived