IGNORED

Speed Camera - Cumberland Road

Flounder

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Warning of a speed trap is a criminal offence.  They willbe looking for you now. ?

Thanks for the waring though.  They may as well bugger off and do something useful now like painting their nails ?

I thought it was only criminal if you flashed someone coming the other way....or is that something else??

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Warning of a speed trap is a criminal offence.  They willbe looking for you now. ?

Thanks for the waring though.  They may as well bugger off and do something useful now like painting their nails ?

Remember boy scouts getting warned for putting a sign up rd from speed camera.

I go Cumberland rd everyday for work and van there regularly 

45 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Remember boy scouts getting warned for putting a sign up rd from speed camera.

I go Cumberland rd everyday for work and van there regularly 

Never understood that rule, the point of speed cameras is to make sure people obey the speed limit.  In your example the scouts managed to do it, the only difference being they didn’t generate revenue. ?

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Bristol post often announces speed camera locations for the following week, so is this any different?

Again I think it’s something they have to do, can’t see them doing it otherwise as it must affect their revenue stream from the ever suffering motorists of Bristol. Now is that stretch of road 30 mph or just where it slows  to 20mph or the metro bus lane or another new unused cycle lane...........

28 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Bristol post often announces speed camera locations for the following week, so is this any different?

When the Bristol Post do it they don’t tell you the date and time at which the camera will be in each location.

To be honest I don’t know why they bother, I bet we can all name at least 4 locations where we know a speed camera van may possibly be as they use the same spots time after time.

Oh, and from today there is no more free parking in Bristol … the council are imposing parking charges evenings and Sundays from now on...  Don't get caught out parking in your usual places that you are used to being free off peak parking.. Would be easy to do if you regularly park somewhere on Sundays... 

NO FREE PARKING SUNDAYS & EVENINGS IN BRISTOL!!!   ….  Cheers Marvin.  Boo!!! :punish: 

3 hours ago, swanker said:

Fair play to the police for catching the law breakers. It makes you wonder what the streets of the uk would be like without speed cameras.  

Revenue earners,,,end of, my son got caught By the PDSA one on Bath Rd some years ago going to work at 4am, yes 4am in the morning, he was doing 37 mph, not another car in sight, no pedestrians about that time of the morning, clear day in the summer, how many would describe this as dangerous? 

Speed cameras don’t catch bad drivers.

1 hour ago, Red Cloud said:

Downend Road is another mega high profit spot for them, it has both 20 & 30mph limits and they know full well most drivers won't notice or expect the difference.

Imagine, all your life wanting to be a Police officer to help society etc... and ending up as s glorified Tax Collector!

The Speed Endorcement is Not operated by the Police and Police Officers

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Flashing is definitely an offence ?

That depends ENTIRELY on the woman concerned.

8 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a terrible way to exact misery on people what with these ludicrous speed limits 20mph it’s just a huge money maker 

You could say the same about League football, mate.

Archived