IGNORED

Live video feed

Londoner

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

BCTV rubbish today. Kept freezing.

This is one of the reasons why I won't pay for it Major,  apparently,  it is getting better,  but I will wait until all the gremlins are sorted.  I am watching all the comments about it on this forum.

26 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

This is one of the reasons why I won't pay for it Major,  apparently,  it is getting better,  but I will wait until all the gremlins are sorted.  I am watching all the comments about it on this forum.

The problem is never really knowing if it's at my end or theirs .

I suspect the former in my case but equally I'm sure that many complaints are from my fellow technincompitents like me .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The problem is never really knowing if it's at my end or theirs .

I suspect the former in my case but equally I'm sure that many complaints are from my fellow technincompitents like me .

I was watching the stream on vipbox given by a member on here and it was from the BCFC site,  not from Sky,  as the City badge was in the top right corner, so was BCFC TV.  It was OK for about 20 minutes then it was freezing and when it came back the players looked as if they were walking and eventually it just skipped from frame to frame. I refreshed it several times, but it was still the same.  I gave up after a while and just listened to the RB commentary.  So I think the problem was at the City end and not the stream. 

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I was watching the stream on vipbox given by a member on here and it was from the BCFC site,  not from Sky,  as the City badge was in the top right corner, so was BCFC TV.  It was OK for about 20 minutes then it was freezing and when it came back the players looked as if they were walking and eventually it just skipped from frame to frame. I refreshed it several times, but it was still the same.  I gave up after a while and just listened to the RB commentary.  So I think the problem was at the City end and not the stream. 

That's a relief . Didn't want to have a problem with my end .

:yes:

47 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I've used BCTV twice now (QPR and today) and it's worked flawlessly both times, so credit where it's due. I do use a Cat7 cable connection from the Virgin box into a desktop pc rather than wifi.

There are too many variables to be able to pin down where problems are occuring for those that have them. All I can say is that £10 per game has been well worth it (7 goals for 1 against and six points!).

Unlike yourself I think that the problems are not from BCTV. It's what happens to the stream when it leaves them that is the problem. If you're using vipbox that's essentially a stream of a stream and will be subject to even more drop-outs/freezing than a direct connection I would think.

You also get replays on BCTV so that's another plus. So far I can't fault the service.

2 minutes ago, Malbec said:

I've used BCTV twice now (QPR and today) and it's worked flawlessly both times, so credit where it's due. I do use a Cat7 cable connection from the Virgin box into a desktop pc rather than wifi.

There are too many variables to be able to pin down where problems are occuring for those that have them. All I can say is that £10 per game has been well worth it (7 goals for 1 against and six points!).

Unlike yourself I think that the problems are not from BCTV. It's what happens to the stream when it leaves them that is the problem. If you're using vipbox that's essentially a stream of a stream and will be subject to even more drop-outs/freezing than a direct connection I would think.

You also get replays on BCTV so that's another plus. So far I can't fault the service.

OK yes I agree with most of that, but perhaps it depends on your location. The internet here is very good,  Estonia is a very tech country,  practically everything here can be done online from paying for car parking to paying your taxes, however, as the stream comes from the other side of Europe, perhaps as you say,  it what happens to the stream when it leaves them that is the problem. Even so I think i will continue with my RB link, while I still have it and keep checking into it's reliability via this forum before deciding if to subscribe or not.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

OK yes I agree with most of that, but perhaps it depends on your location. The internet here is very good,  Estonia is a very tech country,  practically everything here can be done online from paying for car parking to paying your taxes, however, as the stream comes from the other side of Europe, perhaps as you say,  it what happens to the stream when it leaves them that is the problem. Even so I think i will continue with my RB link, while I still have it and keep checking into it's reliability via this forum before deciding if to subscribe or not.

Yep location will probably be the biggest thing and then nodes/hops (how many/where are they) etc. I don't know the set up of BCTV's streaming service but the fact that it will be bounced around different nodes is going to impact on the quality/propensity for drop-outs or freezing. I'm pretty sure that it won't matter if you have good internet structure in Estonia as such because the signal will bounce around other places that are not so good.

There's not a good answer for it, you're either going to be lucky or you're not and it's not worth spending money based on 'do I feel lucky'. Although plenty of people buy lottery tickets so what do I know?

Archived